Which Pistons made the best impressions at Orlando Summer League?

The Detroit Pistons are your 2014 Orlando Professional Summer League’s sixth place finishers.

It’s nothing to cheer about, but the Pistons put together a successful showing in Orlando by summer-league standards. Too bad that doesn’t really mean anything in the longterm. It’s always nice to see the relative unknowns (see: Justin Harper) play well and it’s better to see the solidified players (see: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope) look good.

But it’s a week of low-level basketball, and now the team will disperse — some players never to be heard from again. The Pistons have 16 players on roster right now, and the best thing some of these players could do this week was impress coach-GM-warlock Stan Van Gundy enough to earn an invite to preseason camp.

Let’s have fun with this. The Pistons brought 13 guys to Orlando — three of which had guaranteed or partially guaranteed contracts — and chances are maybe only two or three of those other guys (and I’m counting partially guaranteed Peyton Siva) will have a shot at coming to training camp. So, who might be back for training camp?

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Chances? 100 percent.

Caldwell-Pope shouldn’t even be featured in this discussion. Not only was he one of the three best players in Orlando this week, but he also showed rapid growth in his game. Instead of looking like he’d spun around in circles before playing, he looked poised, calm and like someone who’s spent a year in the NBA should look against the crop of has-beens and would-be players in summer league.

Tony Mitchell

Chances? 76 percent.

You may be wondering why I’ve got Mitchell at 76 percent when he’s one of two players in Orlando with guaranteed deals, but the reason shouldn’t be too shocking — he just isn’t very good. Mitchell was easily the best athlete in Orlando, but he just isn’t a good player right now. He’s got potential, but he’s nowhere near it now. Friday he said his plan was to take 2-3 weeks off before getting back to working out and pushing for a rotation spot this season.

Peyton Siva

Chances? 72 percent.

Much like Caldwell-Pope, Siva looked like a someone who had experienced the speed of the NBA. He played at his own pace and did a good job creating looks for teammates — specifically on pick-and-pops with the bigs. A hamstring injury kept him out of action on Wednesday and Friday, so it’s still not a sure thing that his contract will be guaranteed by the July 20 deadline.

Brian Cook and Justin Harper

Chances? 47 percent.

I’m not sure there’s room for both of them, but among the shooting-centric forwards brought in this week, these two were by far the best. Cook has nine years of NBA experience and he’s played the role of floor-spacer before. The problem is he just doesn’t do enough. He can’t move anymore and he was awful off the dribble and mediocre as a rebounder. Harper on the other hand is younger and can do pretty much everything Cook can, plus some. It’ll be interesting because both had good weeks in Orlando and both played for Van Gundy in Orlando.

DeAndre Liggins

Chances? 43 percent.

The third player with a history playing for Van Gundy, I’ll have more on Liggins later this weekend. Here’s a quick preview — he’s gonna be on someone’s roster next year.

Ian Miller

Chances? 11 percent.

Expectations were low for the former Florida State guard, but Miller was actually pretty solid. He was forced into big minutes after Siva’s injury, and with Markel Starks MIA, it was all Miller. Like a few of these guys, he could be playing in Grand Rapids for the D-League team this season.

Tim Ohlbrecht

Chances? 2 percent.

Well, first this happened. Outside of that baptism, Ohlbrecht was the long big man who wasn’t brought in to shoot jumpers. He did a decent job rebounding and scoring around the basket, but that may be the one area where the Pistons are set. He’s another D-League candidate with experience, and could land in Grand Rapids, too.

Tristan Spurlock, Jordan Heath, Christian Watford, David Lighty and Damion James

Chances? Zero percent.

From what I heard around the gym — and saw in warmups — Spurlock can give Mitchell a run for his money when it comes to pure athleticism. He can fly, but he rarely saw the floor in Orlando. Same goes for Heath, a stretch four who just apparently wasn’t as stretchy enough to play over some of the other similar forwards on the roster. One of those forwards was Watford, who was aggressively ineffective. James and Lighty, two college stars, played alright, but probably not well enough to get a camp invite.

• Jul 11, 20148:27 pm
    by MarvinM.

Good to see kcp and silva grow in the nba i think they ready now

• Jul 11, 20148:35 pm
    by Jacob

Can any of the them guard Lebron?

• Jul 13, 201410:02 pm
      by Tim Thielke

nope

oh, by “them”, i assumed you meant human beings

• Jul 11, 20148:39 pm
    by OOtis

Suns just acquired I. Thomas from Kings.  They now have SIX point guards.   I’ll repeat my prior prediction – Monroe goes to Suns in a sign-and-trade.  Then we look like a legitimate team…..

• Jul 11, 201411:39 pm
      by gmehl

I’ve got my fingers, toes and other parts all crossed that this is so!

• Jul 11, 20148:49 pm
    by I HATE

I like Liggins alot…
    But i’d love to move Monroe in a sign and trade…
    Also talk the Cavs might need a third team with minty to offer a vet…id wish we could move Josh Smith in that and get a player like Bennett back

• Jul 11, 20148:59 pm
      by I HATE

I meant Minny….

• Jul 11, 20148:54 pm
    by I HATE

Another problem tony Mitchell is a SF/Athletic PF…he us not a Center or on the Blocks PF and that how he was used…but on defense he was ok…considering he was taken out of his weak side shot blocking and help defense zone

• Jul 12, 20146:16 pm
      by KaBa

Mitchell is neither of that, he is a good athlete with no basketball skills. When he was younger he could just out power the others, now he is playing with the grown ups and all his deficits are revealed.
      He is no where near NBA. A semi good League in Europe would be the best for him.

• Jul 20, 201411:12 am
      by RoBeJuan

Mitchell is not and never will be a power forward, but the Pistons seem determined to make him one. What he is, is a very athletic small forward. That is the position he played in college and was very successful doing it.  No, he isn’t a great shooter, but he isn’t terrible either. What he can do well is defend and rebound and run the floor with any small forward in the league. They have already lost a full year of his development by playing him out of position. I hope SVG realizes that and gives him a chance at his natural position.

• Jul 11, 20149:56 pm
    by Hook Shot

You don’t want Bennett. Another undersized/ overweight power forward. I’d rather keep Smith at PF. Mitchell needs to play consistENT minutes in D League to develop his game. Id take anflyer on Harper as a back up stretch 4. I would take Bledsoe’s running mate G and reelgate Jennings off the bench and one of the Morris  twins.

• Jul 12, 20146:29 pm
      by KaBa

IMO: Mitchell needs to learn the basketball basics properly and play anywhere some consistent minutes. He is absolutely raw.

• Jul 11, 201410:00 pm
    by JYD for Life

I ate my plate of crow during the Orlando Summer League.

I’m on the record saying that it wasn’t the end of the world not to have the 9th pick in the draft.
    I’ve seen a few of Elfrid Payton’s games this summer and I’m actually pissed he could have been a Piston.

Not sure I see anyone else in that range that is great, but I’m now pissed because that kid is special.

• Jul 11, 201410:08 pm
      by JYD for Life

I’m extra sick about it because he would have eliminated the Jennings experiment too.

• Jul 11, 201410:34 pm
        by Jacob

I’m more worried about a SF.  This team will get killed at that spot.
        Lebron , George, Parker, maybe Melo.

• Jul 11, 201411:51 pm
          by Huddy

Every team is worrisome at SF if that’s your gauge.  No one was available at 9 that solves playing against James or Melo.

• Jul 11, 201411:55 pm
            by Jacob

Wasn’t talking draft just in general. We need an actual SF.

• Jul 12, 201412:16 am
            by JOB

throwing a sheet at tucker would’ve been interesting. cartier and Josh will be gaurding those players with our current set up tho i guess. The suns do seem prime for a littles for bigs trade at some point, hopefully we’re in the mix when it happens.

• Jul 12, 201410:32 am
            by Huddy

Dradt FA or trade…doesn’t matter if we are only set at SF I the guy we get is comparable to james, Melo, George.  I’m just saying that’a no a good way to gauge a position.  A team can work with a position of weakness or averageness if others are good, I’m just worried  they will have 3 or so roster issues come regular season.

• Jul 12, 201412:26 pm
            by JYD for Life

I’d focus on something that possible rival teams don’t have and we do…size.

If we can see growth and increased productivity out of Monroe and Drummond, that will create a ton of problems…Cleveland has no shot blocking up front (wing-wise, LBJ and Wiggins will be sick).

Getting a replacement for the Drew League MVP who can terrorize Rose and Irving, Kemba and Lowry, should be the next step.

• Jul 12, 20146:48 am
          by JYD for Life

Jacob – SF will be an issue for sure.

Funny that Smith (in theory) should be what we need as an answer to LBJ, Melo and Parker.  He’s got the size and quickness for those three, but he’s not quick enough to stay with George.
          Josh just can’t keep his head on straight.

Maybe throw a min deal at Liggins?  He actually seems a bit like Tony Allen. Min deal eliminates the risk if he gets into any off-court problems Again (which I hate, but at a min deal, you can cut him anytime).

The focus now should be PG because there are some seemingly available.
          The suns would be an obvious target because they have 7 PGs on the roster (kidding).
          That’s also a position of need because out of those teams, Chicago and Cleveland will present a problem there, but a guy like Bledsoe could help that.

He’s a great defender and I’m quite confident that I’d throw him a max (15) in a S&T for Monroe.
          Just not sure he wants to come here and we have no idea if Greg wants Phoenix and they want him at the max.

• Jul 12, 20145:29 am
    by Jens

Oh man, please tell me those rumors about Bledsoe and Monroe s&t are true! This would be the heist of the century….

• Jul 12, 20146:47 am
    by Domnick

hi… Sorry off topic here… Since we all know that lbj has decided to leave miami heat for cavs…. And if cavs are seriously considering kevin love…. What if… Kevin love is not traded to cavs….. Can we wnatch wiggins? For monroe and josh smith?

• Jul 12, 20146:47 am
      by Domnick

Snatch sorr

• Jul 12, 20146:50 am
      by JYD for Life

Wishful thinking…but if they’re saying they won’t include wiggins in the Love trade, I doubt they’d send him for that package.
      The other thing that makes that difficult is that Monroe would have to sign an offer sheet from the Cavs (which they can’t extend because they’re now over the cap).

• Jul 12, 20149:04 am
    by Bayoulion

I mostly agree with this list of achievers at Pistons Summer League.  I would say that Watford does not deserve to be lumped in with that other rabble.  He had some good moments in Orlando–not enough for a camp invite I think—but good enough for a role on The Pistons’ D League team.
    Here are my other thoughts:
    Siva – He should 100% make the team…he’s the best, most levelheaded, “winning-playmaker” they have at point guard
    Mitchell – The Pistons need to eat his small guaranteed deal and get rid of him. He may harness that athleticism some day, but the Pistons can’t wait.
    Harper and Cook – I hope when the frontcourt trades I’m anticipating involving Monroe and/or Smith materialize, there will be room for Harper on the roster.  He’s younger, stronger and more active than Cook.  I think he’ll be a more consistent shooter because he has a more consistent shooting motion and gets better arc on his shots than Cook.  Consequently, a lot of Harper’s misses are very near (often in and out) misses that yield high bouncing rebounds that Drummond will have a chance to snag.  Cook’s shot is all wrist with a flatter trajectory.  It makes his shots streakier, his misses more scatter shot and his rebounds less predictable.  Plus, I agree he was not as active without the ball as Harper.
    Liggins – He 100% needs to be on this team.  He’s a swiss army knife who can backup at the 1,2 and 3 as well as guard all 3 positions.  At this point in free agency, the only big name free agents worth signing to play the 3 are Deng and–maybe–Stephenson.  However, I think it’s iffy that the Pistons get them.  And, I think there is a strong argument to be make that the Pistons ought to save that money this year and just go with the adequate SF lineup of Singler, Martin and Liggins.  That 3 some wouldn’t set the world on fire, but it wouldn’t kill you either.  Notice I did not mention Datome.  I’d love to find some way not waste roster space on him, but I realize that getting rid of him is probably not going to happen.  Overall, the only way the Pistons are getting a small forward who would be a real upgrade as a starter is through a trade.
    Miller and Ohlbrecht–Perfect D-League/10-day contract guys.  Other than falling a little too in love with his shot in Orlando, Miller had some really good moments.  As for Ohlbrecht, I like the way he runs the floor and I love his uncanny knack for snatching difficult passes and rebounds while surrounded by traffic.  He reminds me of a really sure handed tight end.  I wouldn’t have been upset if he had gotten the spot that Aaron Gray got.  Gray doesn’t run the floor nearly as well, though he is very powerful in the paint and does feature a pretty consistent mid-range jump shot.

• Jul 12, 20141:33 pm
      by Brady Fredericksen

Watford was definitely the most productive of that bunch, but after scoring (I think) 6-9 points in the opener he never made another shot or saw meaningful PT again.

• Jul 12, 20145:30 pm
        by Bayoulion

Watford actually did hit another triple against Heat en route to 6 points.  But, it’s very telling that he was a “DNP-CD” in the 3 of the Pistons 5 games in Orlando

• Jul 12, 20149:17 am
    by Bayoulion

Whoops, I forgot to mention Trevor Ariza as a worthwhile FA upgrade at small forward.  He can shoot and he’s got a history with Jeff Bower, who signed him to play for the Hornets once upon a time.

I don’t think Evan Turner or Marvin Williams would be worthwhile signings.  They are both jump shot challenged–and the Pistons certainly don’t need any more of those type of players!

• Jul 12, 201410:31 am
    by JYD for Life

In other news:

way to kick off the training video by slamming a box of cookies.

• Jul 12, 20147:20 pm
      by JOB

(chips) Ahoy there Charlie. too much

• Jul 12, 201412:50 pm
    by Druhouse

We need to sign Mitchell, Liggins, and Harper. Waive Jorts. And we can use a combo of Smoove (if he is still around), Liggins, and Mitchell to check all those great SFs in the East/Central. If we can unload Smoove for the right package, cool. But I like that SVG is being discerning with traded such a great talent. If we can resign Moose and have a bench of Bynum/KCP/Liggins/Smoove/Gray that is pretty solid. Let alone our starting 5. I think Sing plays the starting 3 spot and leans on Drum to help him defend. Either way I trust SVG, and I look forward to seeing this team in a less delusional way I have in the past few years.

• Jul 12, 20141:32 pm
    by Brandon Knight

After the contracts that had been given out this off season, I don’t think Josh Smith’s contract is bad at all!
    Josh Smith 13.5 M
    Hayward 15.75 M
    Parsons 15.3 M
    If Josh Smith was on the market right now, how much do you think he is worth? I think that’s his fair value.
    I am with Idea of keeping Josh Smith , because our strength is in our front court. Either have him or Monroe come out of the bench! To me, I prefer Monroe to come out of the bench…Smith is a better fit starting next to Drummond.
    Josh Smith is a really good player. Hopefully SVG figures out away to get the best out of him.
    Oh, we still need to sign a good SF tho. It is a must. Deng? Turner? Pierce? Ariza?

• Jul 12, 20142:20 pm
      by joe

I like the way you think

• Jul 12, 20147:24 pm
      by JOB

i agree too. Monroe seems like a terrific sub depending on early fouls, or if we fall behind, but also he’d be a great 2nd unit scorer. It’s always thought of as a time for some back court volume shooter, but Greg would be great in that role. I do drink the SVG koolaid that’s telling me he’ll just have way smarter ways to play with our talent, strengths, and weaknesses.

• Jul 12, 20143:53 pm
    by iutjt

Seriously WTF is Monroe doing?

This is really starting to aggravate me. This scrub thinks he can take longer than LeBron to make a decision. How about making a choice already, Greedy Greg?

• Jul 12, 201411:39 pm
      by oats

He’s probably doing what every free agent was doing. The market went cold because everyone was waiting to see what the star players were doing before moving on to their plan B. Monroe is probably waiting for the offers to really start coming in. I’d guess that we will find out about what he is doing sometime next week.

• Jul 13, 20141:46 pm
        by iutjt

I thought that too, but its been 2 days since LeBron decided and most of the teams that were waiting have already moved on to their Plan B’s and none of them involved Monroe.

I think he’s realizing that no one wants him, but he also doesn’t want to play here, so he’s in a pickle now and is just stalling.

• Jul 13, 20142:54 pm
          by Parsons

I think this is more the case. Monroe owes it to himself to do what’s best for him and his future and I believe he doesn’t think we’re what’s best for him. It sounds like his agent is telling him to take the qualifying offer and leave next year. I wouldn’t blame him if this is the case. He is a center who is good at doing center things. He rebounds well, scores inside, plays decent interior defense. He can’t shoot and he can’t defend stretch 4s. To me that eliminates him as a PF. Yes, he can slide over and fill in at PF for a few minutes but that doesn’t make him a PF. Andre Iguodala played 8% of his minutes at PG, is he PG? No. He can fill in but not do that full time. Truth be told I believe the thought of coming off the bench and playing next to Smith makes him want to vomit. It sounds like he wants out and is taking his time figuring out the best way to do that.

• Jul 13, 20143:19 pm
            by oats

Am I the only one that remembers everyone complaining that Monroe played awful interior defense when he was a full time center? He doesn’t really defend either position well, and scoring in the post can be a job for the 4. People keep using this argument that he’s a center, but his skill set doesn’t really require him to play center. PF’s can outrun him or shoot over him while  C’s can overpower him or shoot over him. He also doesn’t provide any rim protection, which is typically the job of a C. He rebounds, he scores around the basket, and he passes well. That’s not a prototypical PF, but it’s not a prototypical C either.

• Jul 13, 20142:59 pm
          by JOB

he’s still in line behind the parsons, stephenson, bledsoe dominoes. Alex Len broke a hand bone today though, so they are back to Plumlee only. I mean do you believe no one wants Bledsoe?

• Jul 13, 20143:13 pm
            by oats

That’s what I’m thinking too. There are still some guys out there that have similar or higher value to him.

• Jul 13, 20143:47 pm
            by JYD for Life

You guys are right.

iutuj – how do you think that is a reflection on Monroe and how he views himself?
            You’re stretching there to try to connect the amount of time LeBron took to decide and thinking that it’s the same situation as Greg’s.

He could actually take another two weeks to make a decision and that is perfectly within his rights.

• Jul 13, 20146:12 pm
            by JOB

it’s all interesting because it would seem both us and Phx are trying to stare down salaries on Bledsoe and Monroe for offer negotiationis, and/or potentially (more Phx) seeing where they are with ‘up to that point’ FA signings (they obv now have added Thomas) for sign and trades. Also if Monroe did the 1 year qualifying at 5M, what could we offer Lance then? I think we’d need at least 11 per to get him away from going back to Indy.

• Jul 12, 20149:07 pm
    by jinzzy

did the jazz just give hayward 16 mil ?????? hahaha

• Jul 12, 20149:48 pm
      by gmehl

Don’t laugh when we do the same for Monroe and then play him out of position next season.

• Jul 12, 20149:13 pm
    by MarvinM.

CAN WE MAKE MOVES NOW!

• Jul 12, 20149:22 pm
    by Jacob

Why isn’t there anything at all about Bledsoe or Monroe?

• Jul 12, 20149:49 pm
      by gmehl

Who do you think Phoenix would want more… Monroe or Smith?

• Jul 12, 201411:16 pm
        by Parsons

It depends on Alex Len. He didn’t do anything last year but was the 5th pick. If they see potential in him to be a starting center than they’d want Smith. If they don’t think Len and Plumlee can handle center than Monroe. Morris did pretty good and could fill in the Fry roll. They’ve also got more than enough 3 point shooting. To me they need post scoring which Monroe brings at a high rate. Unless Len and Plumlee show improvements I’d go with Monroe. Since they have so many young players the age difference between Smith and Monroe shouldn’t matter just what they bring should and Monroe brings rebounding and interior scoring which is a big need for them.

• Jul 12, 201411:35 pm
        by Jacob

No just saying I haven’t hear anything for days about either one. I wasn’t saying the Suns would trade us. Out of all the bigger names out there , there is almost nothing on Bledsoe and Nothing on Monroe.

• Jul 12, 201410:15 pm
    by MarvinM.

Probably Smith alot of teams still think hes still the athletic sf that came out of Atlanta but its fading away fast

• Jul 13, 201412:27 am
    by Jacob

Paul Pierce to the Wiz.

• Jul 13, 201412:49 am
    by Mr Carter

I’m confused. This site says the deadline for Siva’s contract being guaranteed is July 20th while probaskballtalk.com says it just BECAME guaranteed today(July 13th). So which is it? Anyone know??

• Jul 13, 20141:21 am
    by Brandon Knight

Dammm it … I wanted the Pistons to sign Pierce..ugh he is going to the Wizards.
    He could have been a great fit in Detroit. Our team is really young…we really need veteran presence.  Paul Pierce could have offered that and also filled a position of need.
    Oh well.
    Ariza and Pierce are gone…
    Tuner and Deng are still out there…Deng is most likely going to sign with Miami. So scaratch him too off the list.. We are left with Turner.
    Hmmmm is Turner really a good fit?

• Jul 13, 20143:06 am
      by Domnick

Just curious but im thinking that we need to trade will bynum and get jimmer fredette

• Jul 13, 201412:17 pm
      by Huddy

Free agency is a two way street.  I don’t think pierce seems interested in ending his career by simply being a veteran presence on a 8th seed team for a couple years.  I’m surprised he agreed t Washington, but they are much closer to complete than detroit.  If he still feels like he has a lot to offer then the wizards look really good with him wall, beal and Gortat.

• Jul 13, 201410:10 pm
      by Tim Thielke

I am very happy to not have Pierce. He is still good, but I doubt he has much at all left in the tank. I expect he’ll fall off precipitously this season.

But those are just excuses. Really, Pierce is just one of those players that would be really hard to root for. So it would be sad to see him on the Pistons.

• Jul 14, 20144:08 pm
      by MIKEYDE248

If they were to have signed Pierce, they may have well just re-signed Chauncey, probably at a big cost savings too.

• Jul 13, 20141:57 am

Nate Robinson
    PG

Jan Vesely
    PF

• Jul 13, 20142:00 am
      by Brandon Knight

Oooops this doesn’t look right lol….anyway:

This is the Denver Nugget’s roster.
      It is filled with players that the Pistons can target through trade!
      Danilo Gallinari or Wilson Chandler can fill the SF position for us pretty well!
      What do you guys think?

• Jul 13, 20142:13 am
        by Brandon Knight

It looks like Gallinari is gonna miss a chunk of the 2014/15 season. Nevermind.

• Jul 13, 201410:18 am
          by Parsons

Danilo Gallinari (knee) says that his knee rehab is going well, and that he hopes he will be ready by the start of training camp.
          “I think training camp is realistic,” Danilo said.  Jun 9 – 7:01 PM

Nope, he’s shooting for training camp. Sounds like they’ll get Gallo, Robertson, and Hickson back by the start of the season. Judging by all the players bouncing back from serious injuries that 1st month is gunna be rough for them. Too much rust.

• Jul 13, 20143:08 am
    by Domnick

I want jimmer fredette… He’s a good fit…. Why dont we pursue this guy! He can play off the bench and rain some 3s

• Jul 13, 20147:07 am
      by duke

Can he guard anyone? I’m not trying to hate on him but small slow guards shot or no shot just don’t do well in the NBA. He’s not done in the league but I think he really needs the perfect situation, playing along somebody who demands a double or triple team and can pass the ball when trapped. Oh that’s Steve Kerr on the Bulls with MJ.

• Jul 13, 20149:44 am
        by OOtis

Now playing for the Cavaliers…. Jimmer Fredette!

• Jul 13, 201411:50 am
        by Domnick

This is what makes jimmer situation fit… Coz we have the twin towers.. And can play pcik and roll too… And he’s a proven shooter…. Scorer

• Jul 13, 20143:28 pm
          by oats

He really hasn’t actually been a good pick and roll player, and perimeter defense matters too. I like Drummond, but he’s not exactly an eraser right now so adding a guy who is actually a worse defender than the guys the team currently has is problematic. His shooting could be useful, but everything else about his game is pretty bad. The team could make use of him, but why bother? They don’t really have a free roster spot. I guess they could go with your suggestion of moving Bynum, but that requires someone to actually be interested in taking Bynum on and I’m not convinced that team exists. Even if they do, Jimmer has shown zero actual PG skills and someone needs to run the second unit. I wouldn’t complain if the team went that route, but it’s probably a lateral move anyways.

• Jul 13, 20145:03 am
    by Hook Shot

No to Turner. not a dependable sootet. Flier on Adre Hamilton wing from Houston?

• Jul 13, 201410:53 am
      by joe

But Turner is a Dependable scorer and point forward. The top small forward’s are damn near gone, at this point what can you ask for? As long as the Piston’s don’t pay too much I have no problem with them signing Turner, he’s an upgrade over what the Piston’s have on the roster now.

• Jul 13, 201411:52 am
      by Domnick

Turner not a fit… Cant score consistently…. And we have a logjam at sg… I dont want him to play sf coz he wont help us there

• Jul 13, 20147:02 am
    by duke

I like Silva’s improvement but I am still worried about his speed(especially on defense) and shot. I just can’t see right now how he stays in front of the opposing PG (starter or bench). I know you could say this doesn’t bother Rondo, shot wise but he does have another gear. I personally don’t believe we need to sign anyone, outside of a SF w/jumper. Coaching will determine how we end up this year as we haven’t had any quality for over five years now. In a perfect scenario KCP’s game shows up with the lights on opening day, BJ plays like a point guard and leads the league in assist(strong possibility), and Josh Smith decides to be more like Andre Iguodala instead of trying to be a jump shooting LBJ. Our front line has All-Star caliber in AD and the bench for the most part played well over the last few years. It’s all on coaching, adjusting to situations and proper preparation, we just haven’t had those abilities on the bench in a while.

• Jul 13, 20147:18 am
    by duke

Jordan Crawford is still out there?

• Jul 13, 20141:11 pm
    by Jacob

WHO even has cap space to offer Monroe anything?

• Jul 13, 20143:13 pm
      by JOB

orlando, sixers, suns. think lakers might have some left, and houston technically but sure they’d go lance first is parsons back to Hou

• Jul 13, 20141:43 pm
    by iutjt

Greg Monsloe

• Jul 13, 20143:09 pm
      by Mr Carter

Monsloe??

• Jul 13, 20148:16 pm
        by gmehl

I guess he mean’t to type Monslow

• Jul 13, 20142:51 pm
    by I HATE

Turner would be productive at SF, but I’d rather Liggins high energy very skilled, and hungry plus cheap

• Jul 13, 20142:59 pm
    by I HATE

Monroe camp is quiet all the signs of a sign and trade

• Jul 13, 20147:59 pm
    by Hook Shot

Who would you trust running the team Bledsoe or Jeenings?