Brandon Jennings: ‘This year, I’m taking a step back’

Brandon Jennings, via Vincent Goodwill of The Detroit News:

“I think I’m just thinking too much, trying to find guys instead of looking for my shot,” Jennings said. “So when I do, I’m out of rhythm because I’m not looking for it.”

“It’s been a little difficult, but it’s definitely going to take some time,” Jennings said. “I’m still gonna keep doing what I’m doing. This is a learning year for me, trying to be able to run a team. In Milwaukee I was just playing basketball and shooting at will. This year, I’m taking a step back.”

You can read my thoughts at ProBasketballTalk.

• Jan 22, 20143:20 pm
    by gmehl

Oh f**k

• Jan 22, 20144:16 pm
    by Derek

Hmm. This is the same dude (B. Jennings) who said he was a pass first pg.  He claimed the lack of talent on his HS team in his senior year and in Milwaukee made him a scoring point.  This gets filed under “whatever”.  Play the game.  Run the offense.  Play defense.  Do your job.

• Jan 22, 20144:30 pm
    by Windy

Classic…this is what happens when you surround a “shoot at will” pg with no shooters…even though his assists are up the shot chucking has not gone away…I hate to support the guy because he has such an erratic game but when your surrounded by Smith Monroe and Dre and KCP there is absolutely no shooting, it’s inside dunk or bust…would be nice to see how a guy like Jennings would do with the likes of a Brad Beal TYPE at SG and like an Ariza at SF…it’s painful watching our guys take jumpers, everyone on the court stinks at it and the two biggest culprits are Smith and Jennings! Way to go Joe!!

• Jan 22, 20145:34 pm
    by Mikeyahoosports

Fart noise

• Jan 22, 20146:06 pm
    by Jay

“Shooting at will”. i think this is the first time B Jennings has admitted he just took shots to take shots in Milwaukee. Admitting is the first step. haha

• Jan 22, 20146:10 pm
    by gmehl

So what Jennings is clearly saying is he’s gonna try and get 50 tonight against Milwaukee

• Jan 23, 20149:21 am
      by Patti #1

No, what he is clearly saying is that he’s going to continue to dish out 8+ dimes a game and improve his PG game.
      He’s 4th in the NBA in assists right now.

Dan makes no secret of wanting Pistons to draft Trey Burke, but  Stating in your article that “The Detroit Pistons, clearly in win-now mode, traded the younger Brandon Knight and passed on even-younger Trey Burke in the draft to make Brandon Jennings their starting point guard” is not exactly what happened.  On June 27 Joe D passed on Burke and drafted KCP.  It wasn’t until July 31 that he traded Knight for Jennings.

• Jan 22, 20147:00 pm
    by James

Poetic justice comes tonight in the form of a BRANDON KNIGHT TRIPLE DOUBLE, mark it down!

• Jan 23, 20149:26 am
      by Patti #1

5-17 16 pts  9 asst  6 to

• Jan 22, 20147:06 pm
    by Brod

Brandon knight triple double in the form of points rebounds and turnovers

• Jan 22, 20147:20 pm
    by James

Sometimes it works that way, Lmao. I  do believe BK will have a good game tho

• Jan 22, 20147:29 pm
    by James

I’m done rooting for anyone associated with this organization whose name isn’t ANDRE DRUMMOND. Dumars’s run of  killing-me-softly moves and drafts since 05 have left me void of caring.

• Jan 22, 20148:40 pm
    by James

I always thought Kris Middleton would be a good player, solid rotation guy and fairly good spot starter for an injured wing.

• Jan 22, 201410:44 pm
    by Imported from The D

Brandon Jennings shot us in the game and then shot us out the game.

• Jan 23, 20143:51 am
    by MrHappyMushroom

“I was a not very good player who kind of did whatever the hell I wanted for three years.  Now people are expecting me to play in a way that helps the team and that’s really hard, so I’m having a bad year.”

Did this guy really get through middle school?  He seriously reminds me of some 13 year olds I’ve taught.

• Jan 23, 20149:40 am
      by Patti #1

That’s your interpretation of what he said – not a quote.
      You are entitled to your opinion but……

• Jan 23, 20148:26 am
    by DG

BJ is the kind of guy that loses trade value every time he opens his mouth.