PistonPowered Live: Pistons-Wizards

Come back at halftime for the premier of what we hope will be an every-game – or at least a most-game – feature: PistonPowered Live. At halftime, we’ll spend a few minutes on video discussing the game, the Pistons, their opponent and anything else we see fit.

The program is still in flux, and we’ll constantly be re-evaluating what works and what doesn’t. Let us know in the comments what you like and what you don’t, and we’ll do our best to improve. In the meantime, we’re going to work out the kinks live and hopefully provide an entertaining way to spend your halftime.

UPDATE: My promise that we’ll have kinks has come to fruition. Due to technical difficulties, no live video tonight. Hopefully, we’ll be back on track for Game Two. But I’ll be around in the comments here during halftime to discuss the game.

• Oct 30, 20138:45 pm
    by Dan Feldman

I’m absolutely loving this ball movement. I can live with early turnovers if it means everyone plays so unselfishly.

• Oct 30, 20138:47 pm
    by Zeiram

I missed most of the first half, what is the big story so far?

• Oct 30, 20138:51 pm
      by Dan Feldman

Good ball movement by Pistons. Andre Drummond is a beast. Wizards guards have been erratic. Pistons losing Trevor Ariza too much on defense.

• Oct 30, 20138:53 pm
        by Zeiram

Is Ariza scoring mostly on leak outs, cuts or with open shots because we rotate lazily?

• Oct 30, 20138:54 pm
          by Dan Feldman

Rotation issues, I think

• Oct 30, 20139:01 pm
            by Zeiram

Should be something to look for in the Drummond-Monroe-Smith rotations, I suspect all three tend to sink down a little bit to far to get a block inside and might lose track of corner shooters-

• Oct 30, 20138:53 pm
        by Zeiram

Oh and thanks of course!

• Oct 30, 20138:49 pm
    by I HATE FRANK

I completely agree…. soo many positives …

Smith play a lot of POint Forward…
    Drummond and Monroe are monsters down low (Greg looks cat quick in the post)
    Pope attacking the rim…

All a nearly good sign…

2nd half last year 3rd qrts were horrible for us…. I wanna see how we come out

• Oct 30, 20138:54 pm
      by Dan Feldman

KCP getting to the hoop has been a nice development. He’d be even more valuable on this team if he can shoot 3s, but if they’re passing this well, KCP can help as a slasher, too.

• Oct 30, 20139:43 pm

I’m loving his D. He’s doing so much better than expected on that end. But every time he shoots, you can see it’s gonna be short or wide just after leaving his hands.

• Oct 30, 201310:22 pm
          by I HATE FRANK

thought it was just me

• Oct 30, 20138:57 pm
    by Vic

I love that mo cheeks sees what he has in kcp and is willing to let him work hard thru his mistakes because of his defensive ability. That’s going to pay off big towards the end of the year

• Oct 30, 20139:53 pm

I know it’s only game 1, but it certainly doesn’t appear to me that the Pistons have too many bigs. Or that they can’t all play together.

• Oct 30, 201310:10 pm
    by bruj

did drummond get hurt or did they just not play him at the end?

• Oct 30, 201311:11 pm
      by Max

He picked up an early 5th foul in the 4th and Cheeks never put him back him.

• Oct 30, 201310:18 pm
    by JamesJames_Det

Let’s trade Monroe…  Why?? because we can.

signed,
    -fools in Detroit

• Oct 31, 20139:30 am
      by MIKEYDE248

That’s what I’ve been saying ever since they signed Smith.  He showed again that he is our best player.  Smith may be the bigger name, but Monroe will be the better player for years to come.  Smith will probably be on the decline within the next couple years, just do to age.  Drummond still has the best up side, but he’s not there yet.

• Oct 30, 201310:20 pm
    by Corey

Smith did a better job of being a SF when he was on the floor with both bigs than I thought he could do. Never really watched him play much, somehow- pistons never had a good playoff series against him in Atlanta I guess.

• Oct 30, 201310:21 pm
    by domnick

1-0! YES I FEEL GOOD!!

• Oct 31, 201312:26 am

isn’t it awesome to be back to rooting for wins?

• Oct 30, 201310:26 pm
    by apa8ren9

Just a couple of things I noticed.  I agree with Tarsier, there seems to be no issues of chemistry with the 3 bigs.  Im loving the fact that CV is not playing because we dont need him.

Just a small nitpick about Bynum’s game tonight -  For all of those that complained about the long 2 point shot Bynum is the king of the contested 21 footer from the top of the key.   He shot well tonight and I know that is part of his heat check but I just with he would not take that shot.   Other than that I really like the makeup of the team.  When they get Jennings back that will help a lot  Im loving KCP he looks like a professional ball player.  I like how  when the long ball wasnt dropping he adjusted and started going to the basket and getting better looks.

• Oct 30, 201310:31 pm
    by Anthony J.

I agree with Dan. I liked what I seen so far. Another nice silent game from Moose, Dre and Smith did good as well. Chauncey of course never disappoints and Bynum did had a pretty solid game as well.Spacing did not seem that big of a issue but I will wait for a bigger sample size before ruling that out. Good start to the season. My only complaint may just be the defense against Ariza haha

• Oct 30, 201311:24 pm
    by WDE

when BJ comes back are we going to move Billups to the 2?