Pistons have two ESPN games, two NBA TV

Want evidence the Pistons are more intriguing this season?

Two of their games are scheduled to be televised by ESPN, according to a team release:

• at Sacramento, Fri., Nov. 15, 10:30 p.m.
  • at Orlando, Wed., Feb. 5, 8 p.m.

Two more are slated for NBA TV:

• vs. Denver, Sat., Feb. 8, 7:30 p.m.
  • at Boston, Sun., March 9, 6 p.m.

I don’t have exact figures, but that seems like more designated nationally televised games than the Pistons have had in recent seasons. Plus, some of the national games in previous years have been switched to local television, because the Pistons were even more lackluster than expected.

Hopefully, the Pistons will be one of the teams that gets nationally televised games added to their schedule.

• Aug 6, 20137:40 pm
    by BC

Worst ESPN games of the season, sadly.

• Aug 6, 20138:22 pm
      by PG

You mean Bobcats vs Jazz is better than the Pistons games? wow.

• Aug 6, 20138:30 pm
        by BC

Well, okay not the complete worst, to be honest the NOH vs Pho is the worst, but we have 2 terrible games

• Aug 6, 20138:45 pm
      by Scott

Maybe so, but Detroit “LOB CITY” could be on full showcase for national viewers in those games, they’ll still be fun games to watch.

• Aug 6, 20137:45 pm
    by stuckeyandwhoever

Sac and Orlando shoudn’t even get any games..

• Aug 6, 20138:35 pm
    by Kobina

We should blow out 3 of those teams.  Getting wins on national TV never hurts, that’s for sure.

• Aug 7, 201312:25 am
    by Otis

How much do you want to bet we lose at least one of those ESPN games?

We should be a lot better than the last five years, and things will definitely be more interesting, but those games just look terrible. I have no idea what they’re doing on ESPN or who would want to watch those matchups. If either one was against a division rival, a recent rival, or a halfway decent team I might feel differently.

• Aug 7, 201310:25 am
      by Huddy

I was thinking the same thing.  No connection between the teams whatsoever.  I would at least like to see Detroit Vs. Washington/Cleveland/NO…one of the other teams that is up and coming in the EC/

• Aug 7, 20131:01 am
    by David

Ah well, my league pass will still be there regardless!

• Aug 7, 20132:44 am
    by dvs33

Jodi, you around??

• Aug 7, 20131:06 pm
    by Rich

I am actually excited for the SAC game. I love watching Monroe vs Cousins, and I am also excited to watch Drummond play against Cousins as well. The DET v ORL game is garbage. But I am looking forward to the SAC game very much and I have loved watching us battle SAC ever since the 2010 draft. This game would be more fun to watch if SAC kept Robinson. But since they drafted Mclemore, I’m excited to see how KCP measures up head to head. Am I the only one that feels this way? The more I think about it, the more I realize that Sacramento is they team I look forward to playing the most.