Are the Pistons teasing a new alternate jersey?

The Pistons posted the photo above on their Facebook page with the message, “Hmmm … why does Moose have three #Pistons jerseys in his locker? Find out tomorrow! #MotorCity.”

So, I guess, stay tuned for tomorrow? Or we could wildly speculate:

Possible: the Pistons are getting an alternate jersey that appears to be either black or a darker blue. As Brady Fredericksen and Dan Feldman both wondered, how cool would that possible Pistons alternate be if there’s a lightning bolt on the front?

Remotely possible: Greg Monroe has earned a spot on Team USA . The color of that jersey looks strikingly similar to Team USA’s dark blue jerseys. That would definitely be great news, but the fact that the font of the number 10 appears to be the same font the Pistons use leads me to believe it’s probably not a Team USA jersey. Fingers crossed though.

Probably not possible: The Pistons picked the meanest albeit most clever way to announce a trade in NBA history.

Add your theories below.

• Aug 13, 20134:53 pm
    by Dan

I think they will say Motor City on the front

• Aug 13, 20135:04 pm
    by Evan

Navy blue Pistons Alternate (to finally replace the retired red alternates from a few years ago) that will say “MOTOR CITY” on the front, and will match my Detroit Tigers home gear perfectly :)
    I believe a new alternate was hinted at by Gores a while back too. Figured this was the year they’d do it, as the last couple years without an alternate could have been used to approve this new one.

• Aug 13, 20135:30 pm
    by Windy

That would be nice with MOTOR CITY on the front…like that idea a lot

• Aug 13, 20135:39 pm
    by Otis

Um, it’s explicitly described as a “Pistons” jersey, so… not much room for speculation, eh?

• Aug 13, 20136:07 pm
      by Huddy

Doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to figure out.

• Aug 14, 20133:53 am
        by gmehl

WTF is a rocket surgeon?

• Aug 14, 20138:49 am
        by ffz

lol you mean rocket science

• Aug 14, 201310:19 am
        by Huddy

Its a joke..from a Will Ferrel or Frank Caliendo President Bush impression

• Aug 13, 20136:28 pm
    by Brandon Knight

The colors are sick….I hope it’s a new alternate jersey!

• Aug 13, 20136:59 pm
    by TylerVixmer

Like it

• Aug 13, 20137:00 pm
    by TylerVixmer

Could this mean new logos and a court design

• Aug 13, 20137:44 pm
    by Anthony Tony J.

Great news! I was indifferent about the Red alternatives. I liked them at times but there were also times that I couldn’t stand to look at so much red. Haha. But with that aside, I have been waiting on new jerseys. I’m a person that loves change. I would be ecstatic if Gores went a step further and changed the logo and the design of the jerseys… but I’m getting ahead of myself right now.

The Jersey itself looks Navy Blue with red lining and, like many people have suggested, the front may have something different other than “Detroit” or “Pistons”considering that the jersey isn’t facing towards the front like the other two are.

I like it so far even though it’s just a “teaser.” On a side note, I would like to say that I am a personal fan of teams with black jerseys. I don’t know why but having black makes you look bold and/or intimidating. I LOVE the heat’s all black Jerseys the most which says a lot because I hate the heat with a passion HAHA

• Aug 13, 20137:52 pm
    by CityofKlompton

Considering they applied for approval of a third jersey for this season some time ago, I can’t wait to finally see what it looks like!!

• Aug 13, 20138:03 pm
    by MongoSlade86

That would look better as the new regular jersey kinda look like team USA jerseys.

• Aug 13, 20139:57 pm
    by jinzzy

hopefully we go back to old log ,cause the current one sucks

• Aug 13, 20139:57 pm
    by Bryan

PROBABLY NOT POSSIBLE: Since the Pistons haven’t played very well in this one-team-versus-another format, they are starting a new league where three teams play against each other on the same court. Basically, 21 for the NBA.

• Aug 13, 201310:01 pm
    by Kobina

Man, I was hoping for teal…  Said no Pistons fan EVER!!!

• Aug 14, 20131:43 am
    by Juan Cruz

it the new jersey, dark blue like the palace new colors and the front says Motor City. I saw them earlier today, great jersey

• Aug 14, 20139:38 am
    by Terrell

The new jersey colors are great. I thought the road red was ok. However I would love to see that darker blue more than the other blue.  It speaks change. Gores is trying to create its own tradition.

• Aug 14, 201312:34 pm
    by tim*

Surprise surprise, they’re awful

• Aug 14, 201312:38 pm
    by Domnick

The alter red was btter than dark blue

• Aug 14, 20131:03 pm
    by jamesjones_det

The Pistons are going to leave the NBA to join the Flint Tropics in the ABA.

• [...] of the great Detroit Pistons-focused site PistonPowered wondered Tuesday afternoon if the team had teased a new uniform in a Facebook photo that showed three jerseys hanging in the locker of forward/center Greg Monroe [...]