Shabazz Muhammad could push Trey Burke to Pistons

At this point, it seems likely Nerlens Noel, Ben McLemore, Otto Porter, Anthony Bennett, Victor Oladipo and Alex Len will be off the board when the Pistons pick at No. 8 in Thursday’s draft. But for Trey Burke to fall to the Pistons, another player must also go before their pick.

How about Shabazz Muhammad to the Kings at No. 7?

Muhammad worked out for the Kings on June 10, before they hired their new general manager. Apparently, whatever Muhammad did in that workout earned him a second trip to Sacramento. This time, he met with general manager Pete D’Alessandro but didn’t work out, according to James Jones of the Sacramento Bee.

That sounds great to me. If Muhammad had a good workout before with the Kings, just leave that taste in their mouth. No need to follow it with what might be a lesser performance.

The Kings will be key in whether Burke falls. At No. 7, there’s a decent chance every member of the consensus top six will be gone. So, the Kings could be picking from the same tier as the Pistons – at least as far as how tiers are commonly viewed.

Another player in that perceived tier I hoped the Kings would consider is Michael Carter-Williams, but according to a pretty reliable source, his workout in Sacramento went poorly.

Muhammad – or maybe even somehow Tony Snell – going to the Kings is definitely becoming a realistic chance for that elusive seventh player to jump over the Pistons and Burke, dropping the Michigan point guard to Detroit.

• Jun 24, 20139:13 am
    by ryank

operating under the assumption that the Pistons want Burke is a big assumption.  from what I’ve read the pistons are not high on Burke.  I don’t remember where I read it so don’t ask me for a link… not going to spend time looking it up.  Free Press, Detroit News, mlive… one of those sites has it.

• Jun 24, 20139:15 am
    by ryank

I also read that Ben McLemore has been bombing workouts.  he may work out for the Kings to try to get the 7th spot.

• Jun 24, 20139:18 am
    by Jack56

Good! Shabazz is in my 4th Tier.

This is my tiered list:
    Tier 1:
    Ben McLemore, Victor Oladipo, Otto Porter.
    Tier 1 is full of players that both fit the Best Player Available and meet a position of need. From the most recent rumors McLemore has the best chance to fall to 8, but I don’t see that happening.
    Any of these guys would make Detroit a better team.
    My preferred order would be McLemore, Oladipo, & then Porter. If McLemore is being lazy in workouts then Oladipo would leapfrog him, but methinks some folks might be trying to smokescreen some folks so he drops.

Tier 2:
    Alex Len, Anthony Bennett, Nerlens Noel
    These players are rated as three of the most talented (with potential) in the draft, but they don’t fit an area of immediate need. The only way this would change is if a trade was in the works or the Pistons thought Bennett could be a stretch 4. They have big question marks though because of injuries. Without being able to work them out any team is taking a gamble on this tier.
    My preferred order would be Len, Bennet, Noel. Noel is the most likely to be like Drummond and we won’t be trading him. Len may be similar to Monroe at some point (notice I said may and not will), but if the Pistons decide to trade Moose, Len would be a solid pick. If Bennet can’t be a stretch four then he’d drop out of the top 10 for me.
    Tier 3
       Cody Zeller, Trey Burke, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
    This tier are guys who may be available at 8 and have the talent, work ethic, and/or potential to be top three when this draft is said and done. Burke & KCP fit a need and Zeller could play stretch 4 because anyone who actually saw him shoot knows he CAN shoot.
    Honestly, these are the three players I’d most want Pistons to draft.
    My preferred order would be Burke, Zeller, and then KCP. I don’t see Burke as the next CP3. He looks like John Stockton with longer arms. He is a gritty leader who can be a pick and roll maestro and can knock down the three. Zeller is an athletic freak at 7 foot and he has a nice shot. Indiana wouldn’t allow him to shoot. If they did he may be top three in this draft. KCP, has the best shot out of McLemore or Olapido to be the SG of this draft.

Tier 4
      Micheal Carter-Williams, C.J. McCollum. Shabazz Muhammed.
    These are guys I’d prefer to avoid altogether. McCollum might turn out okay, but he is a question mark because of his injury. And I’m leery of yet ANOTHER combo guard. MCW I think is HIGHLY overrated. People talk about other point guards being unable to guard his height but that goes both ways, because he has trouble guarding smaller guys. Burke owned him when they played. In two steps Burke was past him. Muhammed….well he seems like a volume scorer to me. I know the system he was in at UCLA didn’t showcase his skills, but I think there is too much risk. He could be a steel in the draft, but I think there will be better options at 8.

• Jun 24, 20139:27 am
    by Terrell

I really think we should take kcp. If we don’t it will bite us in the bottom!

• Jun 24, 20139:30 am
      by Lee

I agree!

• Jun 24, 20139:43 am

Pope’s upside is being a Danny Green/Jimmy Butler type player. He may end up better than whoever the Pistons draft, but nobody is going to be wistful about passing him up because some random other guy will go late in the draft and turn out to have an even better career.

KCP is one of the safest picks, but he won’t be the cream of the 2013 crop. Safe picks are for when you have already completely compiled a contention caliber core (accidental alliteration FTW).

• Jun 24, 201310:43 am
        by Ryan

Right. Maybe we can get someone to give us KCP and a vet for whoever we take at 8, but someone out of Bennett/Burke/McCollum/Muhammad will be on the board and I’d rather roll the dice on them. If Oladipo or McLemore somehow slip, it’s no question.

• Jun 24, 201311:53 am
        by oats

I’m regretting passing on Kawhi at 8. I think Pope’s not going to be as good as Leonard, but he could be close enough to make me regret passing on him in a draft this weak. Especially if it’s passing on him for someone that flops hard.

• Jun 24, 20139:28 am
    by gmehl

Do it Sacramento… do it and take the fools gold. I just can’t wait for Thursday to come around so we can get the draft over with. I am also hoping Joe can keep up his stellar drafting form with his second round picks. Fingers crossed  on Burke but I am not getting my hopes up.

• Jun 24, 20139:32 am
    by Who Is Us

Dan you seem to be working under the assumption that the Pistons are desparate to get Burke. Until I hear Joe D or George David come out and say they are looking for a new PG of the future I’m gonna remain skeptical because that is not what they need most, and it is a position that has an abundance of veteran options available in free agency. in this especially weak draft I doubt any of the consensus top3 PGs will be any better than Jack, Augustin, Jennings, Maynor, Calderon, Beverley, Udrih, Teague, or Collison just to name a few.

• Jun 24, 20139:36 am
      by Dan Feldman

Not working under that assumption at all. I’m desperate to get Burke — or Noel, McLemore, Porter or Oladipo. I just think Burke has, by far, the best chance of falling to No. 8.

• Jun 24, 20139:54 am

Why do you rate Bennett significantly lower than the rest of those?

He may have a low floor, but so do Noel and McLemore. And he looks like fantastic fit–a guy with the size and speed to play either forward spot, particularly suited to defending 4s, and he can spread the floor.

• Jun 24, 20132:55 pm
          by Todd

I think the issue with Bennett is the question of fit. Not only where does he fit with the Pistons, but where does he fit in the NBA as a player? He was able to dominate in NCAA against teams that were good but not stacked with NBA talent by using his athleticism and skills. He will now be an under-sized 4 in the NBA against guys that share his athleticism and skills, so does he translate into a good NBA fit? He reminds me too much of Ike Diogu, that undersized 4 with a wide frame and a good motor.

• Jun 24, 20139:56 am
        by I HATE FRANK

You’re being way too emotional….. with this whole Burke thing…its like a Man-Crush…and its cool…

If I have a current NBA Man Crush its Perry Jones

I’d be soo excited if the pistons swung a deal to get PJ3…im still crossing my finger…

But overall it helps the team, I dont see how Burke helps the team…

• Jun 24, 201310:04 am
          by Blocks by Dre

I thought I was the only one hoping we would find a way to get PJ3! I also hope we can work out a deal that would land us Jones but not sure what it would take

• Jun 24, 201310:15 am
            by Matt

I don’t see it in Perry Jones. OKC had an awful bench and usually had Durant playing the 4. Perkins and Ibaka only played 25 and 31 minutes. I think if he was all that good they could have found it. I’ll never deny PJ3 is athletic but it doesn’t seem to be translating. If we can snag him cheap though I consider it but I wouldn’t give up a whole lot. Judging by his final game though I could be wrong.

• Jun 24, 201310:30 am
            by Ryan

No guarantee that Jones will be good, but Presti seemed happy to have PJ3 slip to him and then was willing to give up Harden in part for Lamb – just to have Brooks bury them on the bench. I think on a team like Detroit, where they’ll get more burn, it’s worth rolling the dice.
            They’d probably give us both for Brandon Knight (and maybe Middleton or another 2nd rd’er). I’d say why not, but I don’t see Dumars (or even the people on this board) agreeing with that.

• Jun 24, 201310:51 am
          by KaBa

Totally agreeing with you on the emotional thing.

• Jun 24, 201311:32 am

“I dont see how Burke helps the team…”

He helps the team because he is a really good basketball player. What about that is hard to understand?

I’d be happy to roll the dice on Jones, too. But he never helped his team nearly as much as Burke did.

• Jun 24, 20139:34 am
    by I HATE FRANK

I’d rather have Shabazz … or Pope or Snell … TOP DRAFTING DAMN PGS!
    WE NEED A WING PLAYER… WE NEED A SCORER!

My goodness…

If we draft Burke, it means we are going to over-spend on OJ MAYO … Just keep Knight, draft a sg … and trade stuckey for a SF …keep it simple …

• Jun 24, 20139:40 am
      by Dan Feldman

Stop drafting PGs? The last time the Pistons drafted a player whose best position is definitely point guard was Will Blaylock — the No. 60 pick seven years go.

• Jun 24, 201310:01 am
        by I HATE FRANK

Stuckey PG of the Future… Brandon Knight PG of the Future..

and the fact that Knight only has played one full NBA season, and he is 21

It doesnt make sense to draft another PG of the Future….

• Jun 24, 201310:02 am

That comment may be technically true, but it fails to address the point.

• Jun 24, 201310:13 am
          by Dan Feldman

Maybe I don’t understand the point. Who cares how many players perceived to be point guards at the time the Pistons drafted in the past? They have zero players under contract next season whose best position is definitely point guard.

• Jun 24, 201311:33 am

Now that is a much better response. And goes right to the crux of the matter.

• Jun 24, 20134:34 pm
            by Filo Putz

Look. point guard can be a significant position on a winning team or not. Look at the heat and the Pacers. In the NBA today unless you have a Westbrook or a Rose or a Paul, or an Irving, to produce a winner  other aspects like great defense or inside scoring or superstars at the scoring positions become key.

• Jun 24, 201310:16 am
          by I HATE FRANK

“”Stuckey and Knight were both drafted as PGs. If they were seen as SGs on draft night, they probably would not have gone as high as they did.”"

either way …they were Declared PG’s of the Future by Pistons Management…

stop trying to argue points that dont need to be argured….

Knight is 21 and i dont care if you dont like him, he has only played one full NBA season (and do forget the injuries that he played through), and he struggled on of the worse and unbalanced offenses in the NBA…Caldron also struggled in the Same Offense….

Why bring another PG in…if the team is going to have all the same holes? we still dont have an SG or atheltic wing player that can create offense or consistently score off the bounce…

So even If Burke turns out to be Damian Lillard which he isnt….CLEARLY…how many Wins did Portalnd have this year? Even if he turns out to be Kyrie Irving Which he isnt CLEARLY…how many wins has Kyrie had in the last 2 season?

PG isnt the concern…. I’d rather draft Zeller and flirt with the idea of trading Monroe… Its time to build a team PERIOD

• Jun 24, 201311:23 am
            by Huddy

The Lillard and Irving point really make no sense.  Should either of those teams have chosen someone else?  CLEARLY no.  Saying the last two ROY didn’t make their team’s playoff contenders isn’t an argument against drafting PGs because it is not as if they had drafted a less talented player at a different position they would have made the playoffs..

• Jun 24, 201311:39 am

Work on your reading comprehension. That comment was actually on your side. Now, I actually have many more that counter what you have to say, but I was agreeing that the Pistons have drafted several PGs in recent years.

The best way to build a team is to get excellent players. Burke is much more likely to be an excellent player than Zeller. Also, in spite of having Knight on the roster, Burke is definitely a better fit than Zeller. If a deal of Monroe for an excellent wing (who, though?) had already been completed, that might change the fit argument, but it hasn’t and that still wouldn’t change the best player available argument.

• Jun 24, 20139:59 am

“If we draft Burke, it means we are going to over-spend on OJ MAYO … ”

• Jun 24, 201310:07 am
        by I HATE FRANK

“”Burke is a scorer. He’s also a distributor. And a good handler/caretaker of the ball. The Pistons need more of all of the above.”"
        1. COLLEGE! several people question what he will be in the NBA..if he was so great he’d be a top in orlando..who was looking for a PG of the future

“If we draft Burke, it means we are going to over-spend on OJ MAYO … ”
        “”This may be the worst argument yet. Do you have any evidence (and I mean any at all) that this is true? No, you just whipped it out of your ass. ”"

2. half the things said here is Pulled from peoples asses, this scenario by Dan is pulled from his ass , the stuff you say is pulled from your ass with NO EVIDENCE.

FACT: Gore wants a play-off team …
        FACT: Gore said they will spend to get in Free-agents
        FACT: OJ MAYO is the ONLY High tier FA that we could even Sign, that even would fit this team
        FACT:  Iggy has already stated he wants to play for a Play-off contending team
        FACT: We are NOT A PLAY_OFF Contending Team

• Jun 24, 201310:14 am
          by Dan Feldman

“1. COLLEGE! several people question what he will be in the NBA.”

Says the guy who frequently cites Knight’s high school play as evidence he’s a good NBA player.

• Jun 24, 201310:23 am
            by I HATE FRANK

Well ateast you read some of what I say

I said Knight has always been a scoring PG SINCE HIGHSCHOOL, and he played excellent at Kentucky in the role of a scoring PG…

I said the problem came with trying to make him a traditional PG….under Frank, who i said from the start wasnt going to be good for Knight …neither here nor there…

If we needed a PG, I’d be good with Burke, but its just not a need… Maybe if I was a Michigan fan, I’d be foolish enough to believe Burke makes since but he doesnt

Unless Dumars is gonna reconstruct this whole Roster

• Jun 24, 201310:20 am
          by Jon

tyreke evans is better than oj mayo. we could sign him

• Jun 24, 201311:53 am

“FACT:  Iggy has already stated he wants to play for a Play-off contending team”

Everybody wants to play for a contending team. Who cares? They still usually just end up going to whoever offers the biggest contract. But Iggy may not be a great fit anyway, too many non-shooters.

“FACT: We are NOT A PLAY_OFF Contending Team”

Contend for the playoffs or contend for real? With another year of development, a draft pick, and a good FA or two, the Pistons should definitely be in the mix for the playoffs. Did you see how bad the Milwaukee team was that just made it to the postseason? As for real contenders, I don’t think any of them will have enough money to lure Iggy with the possible exception of SA if Manu retires.

“if he was so great he’d be a top in orlando..who was looking for a PG of the future”

He has been rumored many times to be in consideration for Orlando’s pick. The reason he is likely to fall is that if he gets past Orlando, there are a lot of teams who already have pretty decent PGs. Also, do you not recognize the possibility that he could be less than the second best player in the draft but still be a steal at 8?

“half the things said here is Pulled from peoples asses, this scenario by Dan is pulled from his ass , the stuff you say is pulled from your ass with NO EVIDENCE.”

Sure, but we state these things as possibilities or hopes or how things should happen. How often do you see comments equivalent to your incredibly presumptuous:
          “If we draft Burke, it means we are going to over-spend on OJ MAYO”?
          That is not stating the possibility as a concern. It is saying that it will definitely happen. Whether the Pistons draft Burke or not, there is probably an absolute maximum of a 30% chance that they sign Mayo at all. And part of the will be a chance that they don’t overspend. The odds of any given team signing any specific FA that didn’t play for them the previous year just isn’t that high.

• Jun 24, 201310:27 am
      by sop

We need both. The question is Burke a better PG then Shabazz is a Wing? You clearly do and Dan clearly does not. Shabazz and Burke both have too much hype. Shabazz because of his high school rep and Burke because he went to U of M. Don’t know how anyone can be excited about drafting any of the prospects in our draft range. Shabazz is way to similar to Xavier Henry and Burke is way too similar to DJ Augustine.

• Jun 24, 201312:16 pm
        by oats

Everyone looks bad if you only compare them to their worst case scenario.

• Jun 24, 201310:32 am
      by Ryan

Unless Denver is willing to give us Wilson Chandler or Utah will give us Gordon Haywood in a package deal, Stuckey doesn’t fit on any other roster that could send us back a legit 2/3

• Jun 24, 201311:03 am
        by Matt

Chandlers contract is almost up and they want Iggy back. Might be possible though I’m not sure they would truly like his contract when the idea is to cut salary for Iggy but I keep saying we should be on the phone with Denver. Although Chandlers neck tattoo creaps me out. Is it wrong to want Gallo more because he doesn’t have a face tattooed to his neck?

Utah needs a guy who can creat his own shot. Stuckey can create a shot, he just can’t knock it down. Maybe we could fool them into thinking that if Stuckey tries he is good, we also have to convince the other 29 teams he isn’t a cancer. Sorry I REALLY don’t like Stuckey. I’d trade him for a klondike bar and a pair of Bobcats tickets.

• Jun 24, 20132:18 pm
          by Crispus

Haha when I think of Wilson Chandler I am also haunted by that weird child’s face staring at you from his clavicle.

• Jun 24, 20139:36 am
    by I HATE FRANK

“STOP draft PGs” (keypad)

• Jun 24, 20139:37 am
    by Who Is Us

Frank,
    Finally something we can both agree on!

• Jun 24, 20139:39 am
      by I HATE FRANK

Eventually it would happen…

• Jun 24, 20139:48 am
    by Terrell

I really think the piston should do a massive trade! Mull this over……. Pistons ship the two second round picks and stuckey to dallas for marion and that 13th pick…..then send monroe and singler to boston for rondo….then two both first round picks to cleveland for the 1st pick and speights take mclemore…and still have enough money (AFTER THEY AMSTY THE NO EYEBROW HAVING GUY) to sign iggy.
    Starting line
    Pg: rondo
    Sg:mclemore
    Sf:iggy (SORRY NOT ATTEMPING TO SPELL HIS NAME)
    PF

• Jun 24, 201310:06 am
      by Matt

I don’t think this lineup would ever score more than 75. Rondo 13 ppg, iggy 12, Monroe 15/16, Drummond 10. No offence. Good D but unless Maclamore is Kobe we’d be bulimic on offence. The 4 is a weakness too unless Marion and Speights have good years.

Side note Cleveland wants to add Alderage or Love. Also with the trade in LA the Clippers have some spare parts. Denver too if they want Iggy back. Might be more interesting than we think. Someone just needs to be the first domino and Boston looks like they just were.

• Jun 24, 201310:09 am

The other trades would give me discomfort, but I’d consider them. But McLemore is not worth the 8th + 13th picks.

And if Monroe were to be traded, I’d hope to get more back for him than Rondo. But if that deal did go through, I’d rather go after any of Millsap/Smoove/Jefferson than Iggy. The entire reason to go after Iggy is that the Pistons need a wing and already have their bigs. If you get rid of one, you need to replace him.

• Jun 24, 201310:47 am
      by Ryan

Monroe will be a good chip to get a PG or wing player after the draft. Millsap is the only top player who might come to the D and he could slide in and probably fit even better with an uptempo offense.

Personally, I’m hoping that we help facilitate J. Smoove’s move to Brooklyn. We could absorb Marshon Brooks, try him out on the wing, and Kris Humphries, and we’ll have $20m between him and Stuckey again next summer. Maybe even send somebody an expiring contract to get back in next year’s draft.

But I don’t really see the need to be active for picks this time around.

• Jun 24, 20139:50 am
    by I HATE FRANK

I dont get this Burke excitement….its kind of depressing….

He isnt the best Passing PG in the draft..
    He isnt the best scoring PG in the draft
    He isnt the most athletic or fast PG in the draft
    He isnt physically a standout at PG…

This Michigan crap isnt going to help this team…

Last year we cryied about how we like Singler but we need more out of the SG and SF position….He complained how Stuckey couldnt shoot or score off the ball… We traded for one of the best ball-control, decision making, and shooting PG in the NBA, and he look average with the talent around him….

Drafting Burke does not fill a need…other than a temporary emotional high, and they followed with tons of question marks about the direction this team is going to go…..

If we draft Burke, and dont land a major NBA Starter / Star … that means we have taken a huge step backwards….

and if you dont like shabazz thats fine, I promise he will prove me right someday…but you should be hoping that Burke and Cj Mcullom or Carter-Williams…. both go in the top 7…which pushes a player like Bennett or Oladipo to the 8th pick

• Jun 24, 201310:01 am
      by Dan Feldman

“He isnt the best Passing PG in the draft..” Burke had a better assist-to-turnover ratio than any major draft prospect in the country last year.

• Jun 24, 201310:07 am
        by Domnick

Im with u… I want trey or mccollum…. Bennett or zeller if they are both gone

• Jun 24, 201310:27 am
        by I HATE FRANK

@Dan … Because he had shooters, and athletic Wing Players… Detroit doesnt have Shooters or athletic Wing players….

thats the problem…

The Draft isnt just about colege its about how a player projects in the Next level…

• Jun 24, 20131:27 pm
          by oats

If the team doesn’t add athletic wing players and shooters in the next two years then Dumars should be fired. That’s not a good argument against Burke.

• Jun 24, 201310:17 am

“He isnt the best scoring PG in the draft”

He put up 19 ppg on 57% true shooting percentage against the stiffest competition in the NCAA while often deferring to teammates.

• Jun 24, 201310:32 am
        by I HATE FRANK

@Tarsier So you think he is the best scoring PG in the Draft?
        @Dan Think he is the best passing PG in the draft?

Thats what you are both telling me?

• Jun 24, 201310:36 am
          by Dan Feldman

I think Burke is the best passing PG in the draft and one of the best scoring PGs in the draft.

• Jun 24, 201311:00 am
            by I HATE FRANK

I believe Michigan offense was built for a guy like burke, I dont believe has outstanding court vision… I dont believe his game is gonna be an easy NBA tranistion.

• Jun 24, 201311:37 am
            by Huddy

So you proclaim that Burke isnt the best, but in reality you mean in your opinion because of your thoughts on how easy Michigan’s team was for Burke to play on and how bad the Pistons are Burke isn’t the best…even if his numbers say he is.

You don’t believe he has court vision…because?  He has never proved otherwise.

I don’t understand how drafting a PG means no other changes will happen for the Pistons roster.  Cap space and trades are still an option and if Calderon and Bynum we have 2 half PGs.  No one thinks the team already has strong wings…but that can be solved in multiple ways.  The FA market is certainly slim but no one on this board has any idea what trade calls Joe D is getting or working on.

• Jun 24, 201312:03 pm

Frank, you believe that based on what?

I mean, yeah, it would be easy to say that about absolutely any prospect that the system he played in helped or hurt him. But unless you have some basis for your claim, that’s just another way of saying that you over or under value him.

• Jun 24, 20133:03 pm
            by Todd

I absolutely agree with your statement here AND Burke is also one of those insanely confident leaders. He has a lot of the qualities that made Zeke special (not saying he is Isiah, but similar style).

The key for Burke (as with most players coming out) is having a team that understands how to use their talent and what type of sets they put them in. Why was Billups better under Brown than any other coach – because Larry understood his talents and the structure of offense that suited him best. Same will be true with the ceiling for Burke.

• Jun 24, 201311:59 am

I don’t think he will score the most prolifically of any PG in the draft. I think he might well be if he wasn’t so busy being a great passer.

But how do you define “best scorer”? In simple ppg? Then no, I don’t think so. But he could very easily end up being the most efficient scoring PG in the draft.

• Jun 24, 201310:24 am
    by Jon

I wish the Pistons had picks 15 through 20 in this draft. someone in that range (ledo, mitchell, franklin, karasev, rice jr.) is gonna end up being a steal its just impossible to tell who.

• Jun 24, 201310:35 am
    by Terrell

Only real basketball fans know monroe is not a good fit next to drummond. There is only so much room in the paint. Drummond needs a great point gaurd (see dwight howard) and rondo defense is what detroit is about. Iggy is a lock down defender and mclemore can focus on his strong suits shooting and slashing! I like monroe but we clearly need to make a choice sooner rather than later on which one want and clearly its drummond. Whether we sign iggy or possibly sneak away from the deal  with contract of pierce its all fine. We are not close to champs so paul pierce contract could be dangle at the trade deadline next year to see if we can come away with wiggins or parker in the next draft@ Tarsier

• Jun 24, 201312:43 pm
      by oats

I’m not buying the bad fit thing. Monroe and Drummond actually played quite well together. There is some concern about the limited shooting range of both players, but you can stretch the floor with passing too. I remain unconvinced that a decent free throw shooter in Monroe will never develop an average jump shot, and I also remain unconvinced that those two will be a bad fit without that jumper. The key is to get them surrounded with guys that can hit a 3 pointer so teams won’t be able to cheat off the perimeter players to further clog the paint. I’d rather try to see how those two develop together than trade Monroe for little gain.

Honestly, all the reasons that Monroe is a bad fit next to Drummond also apply to Rondo because Rondo also can’t hit a jump shot. Teams cheat off him to clog the paint all the time. Plus Rondo’s coming off a major injury that could hamper his athletic ability, and without that I don’t know if he can be effective. Given all that, he just isn’t a good enough return for Monroe in my opinion.

• Jun 24, 201311:11 am
    by Terrell

Predicition!!!!!!!!!
    Tim hardaway jr becomes better than former teammate burke
    Sleeper pick is Glen Rice jr

• Jun 24, 201311:17 am
    by KaBa

• Jun 25, 20137:52 am
      by I HATE FRANK

“”Funny thing, I think that Shabazz could work in Detroit as the Pistons need a scorer like him but under the large asumption that he stops being selfish in such an anoying way (beig selfish per se is not overally bad) and that he find as a doc who is going to transplant him a second arm.”"

I’ve never heard a coach or scout call himselfish…you only hear critics call him selfish…also, his low assist numbers arent a case where he is being selfish….

1. He is only the finisher, off the catch and shoot..he was not creating offense in ISO situations
      2. UCLA was one of the worst shooting teams in the country,The 2nd and 3rd next scorers on the team shot 31% for 3′s , who is he passing it to?
      3. Sometimes as a scorer, it does turn into hero ball and you stop looking for teammates

He had one situation which I think is going to follow him for along time, but I also think he has learned from it and it will never happen again.

• Jun 24, 201311:47 am
    by Jack56

Dan,

What are your thoughts on Zeller?