Pistons to introduce Maurice Cheeks on Thursday morning

David Mayo of MLive:

The Detroit Pistons have scheduled an 11 a.m. Thursday press conference to introduce Maurice Cheeks as their head coach.

The event will be streamed live from The Palace of Auburn Hills on Pistons.com

I definitely look forward to watching.

• Jun 11, 20138:42 pm
    by gmehl

“I definitely look forward to watching”

Ahhh Dan the sarcasm with you never stops. Have you been steal from Patrick’s liquor cabinet again :-)

• Jun 11, 201311:24 pm
      by jacob

Must see TV.

• Jun 12, 20139:11 am
      by Dan Feldman

Not sarcastic at all. I very much look forward to hearing what Cheeks and Dumars have to say.

• Jun 11, 20138:51 pm
    by Black_Magic

any tips on assistants that Cheeks will bring in?

• Jun 12, 201312:22 am
    by Ozzie-Moto

Zzzzzzzzzz   Zzzzzzzzzzz

• Jun 12, 20131:37 am
      by jacob

Yup, been having some really good post discussions on nbadraft.net. I am starting to get the feeling that Burke may fall to the Pistons. If not I’m torn between Zeller, KCP and Shabazz. I think all three would fit. I also think our best fits would be Oladipo or Porter. Neither I think will be there at 8.

• Jun 12, 20131:57 am
    by Anthony

Hey. I don’t know why everyone is ripping Dan. Seriously as a pistons fan he has a right to be upset, and how he writes is how he writes. If you don’t like it, don’t read it and definitely don’t comment because I personally don’t read the comments to see a bunch of bashing towards the author.
    if his true opinion is negative towards the franchise, well then that’s how he’s gonna write. Who cares? We read this so we can read others opinions, and if you’re not open to others opinions, well then stick to the news that published on pistons.com because that’s where you’ll get all positive, no opinion/biased writing.
    I personally find the articles here to be a sense of reality.

• Jun 12, 20131:59 am
    by Anthony

And I’m not necessarily pointing anyone out in this particular article, but the past month or so has been all hate comments. I don’t wanna read that crap. I want debates and thoughtful discussions of others opinions. And while you are entitles to your opinion of people’s writing, please keep it to yourself if it doesn’t pertain to the subject of the pistons.

• Jun 12, 20136:40 am
    by Grizz

Dan has done a superb job covering the coaching process this offseason .. Major Props!

• Jun 12, 20138:12 am
    by RyanK

I’m excited about it.  Cheeks is the best coach we’ve had since at least Flip Saunders.  He might be the best since Larry Brown.  I think he’ll be here for 3 seasons minimum because he’s good with people, has the experience players respect, and will make our guards better.

After three years, the team will likely be back in the playoffs and Cheeks will be judge based on playoff success.  If he can get the team to advance, he’ll keep his job.  Otherwise, a big name coach will come in and give it a try.

• Jun 12, 20138:16 am
    by RyanK

Cheeks is big into teaching shooting mechanics as well.  Something that I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere yet.

• Jun 12, 20139:13 am
      by Dan Feldman

Source?

• Jun 12, 201311:38 am
        by RyanK

ESPN I think…  It was years ago when he was in Philly.  They were showing him with his players…he was describing the art of shooting mechanics.  While talking about the practice he said he was working with the guards on the elbow and other nuances…  He said these are things that most nba never have heard of, little on practice.

He stood there between his player and the rim facing the player at the 3 point line.  He was calling in or miss right as the player released it.  They showed it over and over and he was right ever single time (maybe through editing).

There has to be an article on it somewhere because it was fascinating.  When I search, all I get is Pistons hire Mo Cheeks as head coach.

• Jun 12, 20135:07 pm
        by Dan Feldman

I’ve searched high and low for it, too. I can’t find anything.