Anthony Bennett falls to Pistons in ESPN’s post-lottery mock draft

Chad Ford of ESPN updated his mock draft after last night’s lottery, and he has the Pistons taking Anthony Bennett at No. 8:

The Pistons’ biggest need is at the three, and if Bennett falls this far, I could see Detroit convincing themselves that Bennett could make the transition. While Bennett looks like a power forward, he can really shoot and handle the basketball. He has enough talent to be the No. 1 pick, but his recent rotator cuff surgery has caused his stock to slide just a tad. He’d be a great fit in Detroit and give the Pistons, along with Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond, one of the best young front lines in basketball.

I didn’t like Bennett relative to the other five typically touted players – a group also comprised of Nerlens Noel, Ben McLemore, Otto Porter, Trey Burke and Victor Oladipo.

But at No. 8? Heck yeah.

I definitely believe Bennett’s is better suited to play power forward long term, but there’s no harm in the Pistons spending a little time trying to make him a small forward, a position that presents a bigger need in Detroit. Even if that experiment is a likely failure, Bennett as a power forward would be great value at No. 8.

• May 22, 20131:11 pm
    by ryan

Some what more exciting that CJ McCollum but still frustrating. Could he eventually be part of a three man rotation with Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond? Can he defend a position in the NBA? Will he rebound well enough to help?

• May 22, 20131:29 pm
    by Gil

Will Bennett rebound?  Are we talking about the same guy?  Yeah, his rebounding game should transfer pretty well to the NBA.  But in a draft that is all about picking based on “potential” and “upside” I doubt that he’s there at 8.  At this point, I think the Pistons should see if they can’t trade back some, get something else plus a later round first rounder that allows them take Tony Mitchell and give him a shot at the starting 3 position.  Honestly, if they can just get a dependable bench rotation player out of this draft that would be great.  The real difference will come from Free Agency, not the draft.  Instead of Draft Dreams profiles, I’d much rather see Free Agent Dreams profiles.

• May 22, 20131:50 pm
      by G

I think there are even odds that 2 of either Zeller, Len, Gobert, Shabazz, McCollum, MCW, or even Saric could creep into the top 7 picks, leaving either Oladipo or Bennett to Detroit. This could be a totally boring draft & the top 6 players all get taken ahead of the Pistons, or it could be a little like last year. In a draft as weak as this one, I think you’ll see more teams rolling the dice.

• May 22, 20132:09 pm
        by I HATE FRANK

Actually its goes back to my original scenario…

1.Mclemore
        2.Noel
        3.Porter
        4.Bennet / Olapido
        5.McCollum
        6.Len / Burke
        7.Zeller / Len
        8. Olipado / Bennett

All we need a the Sun to run with McCollum, and the Sun have Seen what Damian Lillard has done, and they was what Curry has done, and everyone is comparing him to both of them. They will take the bait

• May 23, 20137:42 am
          by Who Is Us?

There is not a chance of that happening unless Burke blows out his knee in workouts. Burke is going to go top 3-4 and no way he goes after McCollum.

• May 23, 20132:16 pm

I think he could slip as far as 6. Mostly because if Orlando doesn’t take him, the next three teams have significantly larger needs elsewhere than at PG.

But I agree that there should be a zero percent chance of McCollum passing Burke.

• May 22, 20131:46 pm
    by mike

I see him as a SF and think he would be an awesome fit at the 3, giving us an old school frontline, with 2 true bigs and a forward. I hate these SFs today that are really just SGs who are an inch taller. Give me the Larry Bird/James Worthy big type SF any day.

With Drummond/Monroe/Bennett we could have a frontline like the 80s Celtics. Defensive Center, highly skilled offensive post PF, and big/long offensive star SF.

I’m down with the Bennett idea. I really don’t see why he cant play SF. He’s got the shooting and ball handling of a SF offensively, and the length and athleticism defensively. Really the only thing about his game that resembles a PF is his power, strength, and aggressiveness. But you could say the same things about LeBron and Carmelo. If you just defined their position based on their power and strength/size, they would be PFs. But when you factor in how highly skilled they are, it mkes them power SFs instead. Thats what I see Bennett as.

The only thing that concerns me is his health problems. I’ve read he’s got back and asthma issues in adition to his recent rotator cuff issues. But if that all checks out, he would be a steal at 8

• May 22, 20131:51 pm
    by I HATE FRANK

if Bennett is gone (likely)

Shabazz is a legit top 10 pick
    Glen Rice Jr isnt a that big of a reach in this draft
    Caldwell-Pope (im not a fan, but he is not a reach in this draft)

Said it once, and I’ll say it again the talent level is pretty even…

perfect Exapmle : Cody Zeller was consider a top 5 pick in last yeat lottery, returned to school and started this year in the top 3. He got better as a player offensively and defensively…but no one is mentioning him in the top 5…

But everyone is excited about Noel who is only a Shot-blocker his comparison is Larry Sanders….

Hype and potential driven league…

• May 22, 20132:20 pm
      by Corey

I could see taking Zeller at #8 now. I was never in favor of him before (and still wouldn’t be in the top 6), but his combine measurements and athleticism were all much better than I expected. He weights 230 now, not 207 like espn had posted – presumably that’s a very old measurement. So he’s not really undersized at PF – maybe just a smidgeon. And his athleticism numbers were outstanding. So if he shows any PF/midrange skills, he could be really good as the third big in our rotation.  I’d still take Bennett if he’s available, but taking a big such as Zeller if the “top 6″ are all gone makes sense.

The more I think about it, the more I like taking a big, if there’s a starting-caliber big available. Then our plan is to start the season with that big as a backup, and see what happens with the Monroe/Drummond pairing. If that duo just doesn’t seem to work, and the new big pairs better with Drummond, then we can trade Monroe to fix any perimeter problem we have remaining.

This is the real reason I’d love to get Bennett – he can shoot the 3 and handle the ball, so we know he’d work well with Drummond on offense. The dream scenario with Drummond would be to surround him with a good pick and roll guard and 3 guys who can shoot the 3.

• May 22, 20133:22 pm
      by Jeremy

According to Chad Ford in his chat earlier today, half the teams in the league are looking to trade their picks and there are many ways of looking at that: All the lottery teams are looking to trade out, all the playoff teams are looking to trade in, a quarter of the lottery teams and a quarter of the playoff teams are looking to move their picks…

I actually think that it is possible for Joe D to trade up in this draft instead of trading down. More than likely would involve taking a bloated deal back and sending off one of the expiring ones (Stuckey or CV). Wizards, Bobcats, maybe the Magic if we took back one of their bad deals?

• May 22, 20134:47 pm
      by oats

Zeller was projected top 5 because of his age primarily. It was assumed that staying in school would result in him making significant strides as a player. He got better on the boards, but that’s about it. His shooting percentage dropped despite taking only 24 jump shots this year. That means he was still largely taking the same shots but hitting about 6% less of them. I like my bigs to rebound, so I’d say he got better, but only marginally. That’s why he’s no longer a top 5 pick, because he is basically the same player as he was last year despite having another year of development. He was also probably over rated last year. That doesn’t make him as good as the top 5 in this draft, it just means we have more information to put a more accurate rating on him.

Also, Noel is not just a shot blocker. He does everything on defense at a really high level. Rebounding, steals, blocks, relatively low fouls given his activity, and just generally impacting the game with his presence. He’s a much better prospect than Sanders was.

• May 22, 20131:53 pm
    by patrick the troll

Don’t the pistons take threes and try to make them fours (j.j./daye) not the other way around?

• May 22, 20132:43 pm
      by Todd

This seems to me to be one of the consistent critiques of the last six-eight years with the Pistons: they don’t draft players that actually fit positions. Three of our last six first round picks has been shoehorned into a role that doesn’t fit their skillset. Brandon Knight as we all now know, is not a PG. Austin Daye was not a SF or a PF or a SG (a good college player who just doesn’t seem to be a good fit on a pro squad). Rodney Stuckey is not a PG, he might be a SG or even slide over to SF some, but he doesn’t run an offense. We have tried Jerebko at multiple positions, Kyle Singler at multiple positions, Bynum is a SG in a PG body, Maxiell is a PF/C with the height of a SF – UGHHH!

While I understand that the NBA is trending toward a position-light league, we still need players that can fit together well. As much as I like the idea of Bennett falling to us based on talent/potential, I just don’t think he fits a team that has such glaring holes at PG and SF (and frankly SG).

If a trade back scenario is possible it would make better sense to get Glen Rice Jr. or Tim Hardaway Jr. (both are 6’6″ and have the speed to keep up with the SFs in the league and both rebound fairly well) late in the first with possibly an early 2nd guy like Tony Mitchell. At the very least we could play a 2 guard lineup with Knight and one of these guys playing off each other and Tony Mitchell, Monroe, and Drummond being a good versatile front court.

• May 23, 20137:54 am
        by Who Is Us?

I would agree. I see Bennett as a Danny Fortson/Elton Brand type player. Not enough foot-speed to play on the wing even though he is an above average shooter. If it plays out that the top perimeter players are all gone by the 8th pick and the Pistons aren’t in love with and of the “Top 10″ players, they should move back with a team like the Bucks at 15 or the Cavs at 19. With as bad as this draft is you are unlikely to be able to get anything other than an additional 2nd rounder, but if you trade with one of those two teams, you can get an extra 2nd rounder next year that will will be an early 2nd since both will probably be in the lottery next year.
        If the Pistons could move back into that range then guys like Caldwell-Pope, Crabbe, Hardaway Jr., and Rice are a much better value and would actually fit a position of need.

• May 22, 20132:19 pm
    by TDP

Woo hoo?

• May 22, 20132:30 pm
    by joe

I hope the Pistons draft for the 8th pick in this order:

1. Bennet (If he fall down to #8 and is still looking in good shape)
    2. KCP (I got a good feeling about this kid)
    3. Cody Zellar (If KCP don’t impress the Pistons and then you have go with the steal of the draft)
    4. Glen Rice Jr ( because i don’t want Shabazz or McCollum)
    5. MCW (only if he has a good workout for the Pistons)

• May 22, 20132:37 pm
      by G

You don’t want Shabazz or McCollum but you’d take MCW? I’ve got a better jumper than him & I’m not that good.

• May 22, 20132:57 pm
        by I HATE FRANK

Im with G…(and that never happens)

You dont like Shabazz or McCullom…

But you have Pope ranked 2nd? ( I can jack up 7-8 three per game and make 2-3 per game to)

• May 22, 20133:02 pm
          by patrick the troll

“ I can jack up 7-8 three per game and make 2-3 per game to” (too)

In your driveway maybe, in the nba… no, no you couldn’t

• May 22, 20133:04 pm
            by I HATE FRANK

Oh then me and Pope got something in common because he’s not gonna get up 7-8 three’s either in the NBA

• May 22, 20133:09 pm
            by patrick the troll

Maybe not but if he did he would make 2-4 of them and you would make 0-.25 of them. you can knock players all you want, but when people start to talk about how they are better then them it just makes me laugh. If you were even a little bit better, hell even if you were a little bit worse, you would be in the NBA like he will be next year, but your not. Your on a website knocking a guy because he gets to do what you wish you could do for a second. Again, knock players=you have that right / saying you are better=crazy

• May 22, 20134:19 pm
            by I HATE FRANK

i dont want to play basketball ..maybe they are doing what you want to do.
            Its retarded to think that you cant be criticized for something you know you are going to be criticized for and Knocking him about what? shooting too many 3′s? its a fact

• May 23, 20138:30 am
            by G

@FRANK – you’re getting a little nuts on us. Unless you’re over 6’4″ and have a sweet shot, there’s no way you’re going 2-8 from behind the arc in an NBA game. Decent shooters will hit about 50% of their threes if they’re wide open. Running off screens, with a hand in their face or off the dribble is different & lowers their 3P%. So if you can hit 3 out of 10 threes in the gym or on your driveway, that would translate to about 0 to 1 out of 10 in an NBA game.

• May 23, 20139:12 am
            by G

To qualify what I said about having a better jumper than MCW – if we both were taking practice shots in a gym, I’d probably hit 3 or 4 more out of 50 than MCW. Dude has no range & a goofy-looking almost 2-handed shot.

• May 22, 20133:02 pm
          by I HATE FRANK

I can deal with Carter-williams and his shooting because that can and has improved, and he was one of the better athletic players at the combine. He actually has a unique skill and his size is unique for that position.

• May 22, 20133:00 pm
        by patrick the troll

What team do you play for? But really, every player has a whole in their game. Look at what he can do instead of his one weakness. I’m not a MCW fan i just see that line of thinking applied to too many rookies. He can’t do this or he can’t do that, then the same people are blind to all the things that player does well. Pick a player based on what he CAN do for your team, not the things he lacks.

• May 22, 20133:09 pm
          by I HATE FRANK

I actually agree with that statement….

This draft is sooo even its silly,,,, the only player, and i mean only player that might be a slighty higher tier than everyone else is Mclemore.

So it is about looking at what they can do verse what they cant….

• May 23, 20132:17 pm

The top 6 are clearly on a higher tier than the rest.

• May 22, 20133:19 pm
      by sop

Bennett would be a great pick.
      KCP has a lot of hype right not but didn’t do well at the combine and his skill didn’t amount to many wins, I wonder how efficient he would be without a ton of touches.

• May 22, 20134:01 pm
        by I HATE FRANK

my lost brother!!!!!! exactly

• May 22, 20135:16 pm
        by oats

1) Georgia is insanely terrible. Not just regular terrible, I mean without Pope they would be an average Division 2 team at best terrible. Seriously, Lehigh had 3 players other than McCollum that would be the second best player at Georgia. They were that bad. Pope accounted for 30% of the team’s scoring, and scored nearly 4 points a game more than the 2 next highest scorers on the team combined. He led his team in rebounding, and accounted for 20% of them. That’s a higher percentage of rebounds than Alex Len’s 19.4%. The 2 leading assist men on the team combined to get 5 assists. This team was crazy awful.

2) Increased shot attempts usually lowers efficiency. So why would he be less efficient with fewer shots exactly?

• May 22, 20137:58 pm
          by sop

@oats
          1. I understand that Georgia sucked but that excuse can only get you so far (just like the Len had poor guard play excuse). I actually watched several Georgia games this year and Frosh Charles Mann showed some decent potential. Nemanja Djurisic actually isn’t terrible either.

2. allot of SGs need to get into a rhythm but putting up number of junk shots. also he had the ball in his hands a ton more than he will as a pro.
          He’s not worthless just that I think he’s being overrated right now. His shooting was good but not great. His somewhat mediocre athleticism is also worrisome.

• May 22, 201311:09 pm
            by oats

1) Charles Mann: 6.7 points, 3.1 rebounds, 2.9 assists. Nemanja Djurisic: 7.9 points, 4.3 rebounds, 1.4 assists. That’s not good, and frankly it is pretty terrible. Here’s Pope: 18.5 points, 7.1 rebounds, 1.8 assists. He outscored the two of them combined by 3.9 points, and is only .1 rebound behind them a game.

2) Far more players shoot better on lower attempts though, because they are taking better looks. Anyone who watched Georgia knows that he could significantly improve his efficiency by taking fewer bad shots. Cutting those out should more than offset any potential hit from not having as good of a rhythm. As for his shooting, it was good but not great, I agree. 58.6% true shooting percentage is definitely good, but it’s not Oladipo or McLemore good. That’s also not why I like him. 7 rebounds and 2 steals a game, those kind of stats strongly suggest he will be a good defensive player. He even knows defense is one of his selling points. At the combine he was talking about how defense was his favorite part of the game. That’s the reason I like, his shoot is good and his defensive potential is really good.

While his jumping numbers were pretty average, his running times were actually far better than just mediocre. His 3/4 court sprint was the 3rd best at the combine, behind Shane Larkin and CJ Leslie. His lane agility drill was the also the 3rd best, behind Tony Snell and Vander Blue. That makes him really fast by any standard. What’s more, he is already good at using that speed to jump passing lanes on defense. He’s not a mediocre athlete, he’s just not a leaper. There is nothing wrong with that. He needs to get a bit stronger as well, but that’s true of most players in the draft. He’s actually a good athlete already, as long as athleticism is actually a measure of more than just jumping ability.

• May 22, 201311:38 pm
            by oats

Also, my point was that Georgia failed to win because the team was bad. For Len we’re talking about the a failure of an individual to produce based on the play of his teammates. There is a correlation between individual production and the quality of the rest of the lineup around him, that part is true. That correlation is far less than the correlation of a team’s talent and that team’s winning percentage. My argument that Georgia’s winning percentage is despite Pope’s play is a much stronger argument than the argument defending Len’s individual production.

I should add that Maryland’s guards are better passers than what Georgia’s got. Howard averaged 3.6 assists, Wells averaged 3, Faust averaged 2.5, Allen averaged 2.3. The leading passers for Georgia are Mann at 2.9, Williams at 2.1, Pope at 1.8, and Djurisic at 1.4. Notice that Pope is 3rd in that group despite the fact that no one else on the team is making shots.

• May 22, 20132:58 pm
    by I HATE FRANK

Pistons need to trade that 8th pick and get 17 and 18

• May 22, 20133:13 pm
    by Heep

Drafting Jason Maxiell with 3 point range and less defensive chops to replace Jason Maxiell?  What a horrible draft this is

• May 22, 20133:26 pm
      by G

A) Jason Maxiell with ANY kind of range or offensive ability would be a good thing. Bennett can shoot, score off the dribble and post up
      B) I don’t think Bennett has “less defensive chops” than Maxi did when he came out of college
      C) Bennett is taller and longer than Maxiell

• May 22, 20133:28 pm

The only way that Bennett is anything like Maxiell is that he has a similar body. Is that really how you rate prospects? You find who they kinda look like and assume they are comparably talented?

• May 23, 20138:35 am
        by G

I’d even hesitate to say they have similar bodies. Bennett looks carved out of rock, Maxiell looks carved out of mashed potatoes.

• May 22, 20133:44 pm

Max’s freshman stats:
      8.1 ppg,  6.8 rpg, 0.1 apg, 0.55 2PT%, 0.00 3PT%, 0.59 FT%, 0.39 FTA/FGA

Bennett’s freshman stats:
      16.1 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1.0 apg, 0.59 2PT%, 0.38 3PT%, 0.70 FT%, 0.47 FTA/FGA

And you think these are comparable players?

One more thing. One of Max’s biggest issues as a young player was fouling too much. In the compared seasons, Max played 23% fewer minutes than Bennett and still picked up 14% more fouls. That means Bennett can, on average, stay on the floor for 3 minutes to every 2 that Maxiell can.

• May 22, 201311:15 pm
        by gmehl

Bang bang…shot down. I don’t think he will be commenting here for a while guys. Well done :-)

• May 23, 20138:39 am
          by G

That wasn’t our objective. I don’t like running people off the blog (unless they’re being assholes). I like to debate with people & if necessary, correct mis-assumptions (that’s probably not a word, but I like it). A guy who compares Bennett to Maxiell is clearly not armed with the facts, so I like to drop a little knowledge.

• May 22, 20133:46 pm
    by Alastair

What about Larkin?  Dude looked amazing in the tournament.  Probably a reach at #8 though.

• May 22, 20133:49 pm
    by joe

Anthony Bennet is my 1st choice, I think the reason he was in such great shape at draft is, he may understand that he has the potential to become one of the top small forwards in the NBA. We just got to hope that other teams don’t view him in that way so he can slip to the Pistons.

After Bennet, Cody Zellar got to be the best option just because he is a monster. He’s claiming to have a decent jumper too, you never know? He might be that guy that make Monroe expendable.

• May 22, 20135:00 pm
    by tom

Getting stuck at 8th forces us as fans to face what was the unavoidable truth at every position in this draft: we are going to draft a guy with some skills that suggest a budding superstar but enough wholes to hint at a dud. I’m still hoping Oladipo slips, but we’re likely choosing between Bennet, Shabaz and I think Zeller is probably now in the conversation. 5 years from now if you had your pick of those guys I think there is at least one that would make you very happy; the key is just making sure we grab the right one.

• May 22, 20135:16 pm
    by Vic

If Bennett falls, of course.

If not, get McCollum at 8.
    Get Dallases pick.
    Pickup Tony Mitchell.

Mcollum is guaranteed buckets.
    Mitchell is guaranteed blocks, dunks, rebounds and alleyoops as a backup PF.

Anytime you can get a guaranteed skillset that fits into a position with no question marks as to if it will translate, thats an Easy decision.

• May 22, 20135:24 pm
    by I HATE FRANK

• May 22, 20135:44 pm
      by oats

I like Porter and all, but not as much as Monroe. Monroe + the 8th pick should get better than pick 3 and Booker.

• May 22, 20136:32 pm

Agreed. This is a terrible trade idea. People seem to have forgotten that Monroe is actually a really good player.

• May 22, 20135:39 pm
    by Edgar

I’m not in love with Bennett. He looks like a Michael Beasley/Derrick Williams/Thomas Robinson/Jan Vesely/Morris twins/Al Thornton type to me. And a lot of those guys are taller than Bennett.

• May 23, 20138:50 am
      by G

Beasley’s problem is he’s lazy and crazy. I see a little similarity with Williams. Robinson had nowhere near the offensive game Bennett does. Same with Vesely, and Vesely’s entire muscle mass would make up Bennett’s right quad. Morris twins were older and still less dynamic offensively. Thornton came out after his senior year (red-shirted as a freshman no less), didn’t rebound like Bennett and was much less versatile on offense.

I’m not crazy about Bennett either (because he’s really a short 4 unless he gets faster), but if he or Oladipo are available at 8, I’ll be clicking my heels.

• May 22, 20136:08 pm
    by Mr.BlockedShot

He remembers me of Paul Milsap, which I ‘ve always liked. He’s strong with size and with a good frame for playing the SF spot. A bit scared about his overweight problems in the future and how can it affect to his body in terms of injures. But, as many of you have said, this is not a bright draft so he’s worth the risk.

• May 22, 20136:55 pm
    by The Rake

Updated ESPN best case scenarios have the Pistons going after Burke 1st, Bennett 2nd and MCW 3rd. They, like me, think PG is a huge need. The combo guard deal with Stuckey, BK and even if they went after McCollum in the draft, to me are no-nos.

Need guys with defined roles in the starting lineup. On the bench, guys that can play combo spots or defend multiple positions are much more useful. MCW should be there for us at 8, I like his length and athleticism, but his shot is suspect. Reminds me of Shaun Livingston a lot. Not sure about attitude/maturity level either.

Although Burke is undersized, if by some miracle he is there or obtainable through trade, I’ll take him and his winning attitude and work ethic any day over virtually any one else in the draft for our team. (McLemore possible exception).

• May 22, 20139:23 pm
    by Corey

we could get any pick in this draft for just Monroe- and would be stupid to do so.

• May 22, 201310:51 pm

Perhaps. While Monroe is probably at least as strong a prospect as any in this draft, you are severely underestimating the value of having three more years worth of rookie scale contract.

• May 23, 20138:38 am
      by Who Is Us?

Even with the value of rookie scale contract, Monroe is a superior prospect to everyone on the board with only the possible exception of Noel and McLemore. I you are trading Monroe, you are keeping your pick.

• May 23, 201310:19 am
      by tom

Exactly. The trade the WashingtonPost suggested is pure non-sense. Monroe is certainly worth the pick alone, but there is no chance we trade Monroe for a pick; with our pick heading out next year we’re clearly playing for the playoffs next year; you don’t get there by trading Monroe for a pick.

Maybe if the Wizards really want to move down it could be Stuckey and our pick for there pick and filler.

• May 23, 20135:06 pm
    by Lake Side Live

Bennett screams to me a shorter version of Charlie Villanueva, once he gets in among the trees of NBA bigs his inside game becomes non existent (dude is not about contact) he becomes a huge liability on defense, and all he has is his outside shot = one dimensional, his turnovers and fouls are more than his steals blocks and assists combined 4.3 2.8.  And people want to say he gives effort?  Those numbers at 7.1 length are atrocious.

Detroit should make a play for Dallas’ 13th pick (which they are trying to get rid of, to clear cap space for Dwight Howard.)  and also take on the last year of shawn marion’s contract, and give them a future 2nd rounder.

Use the 8th pick on Alex Len
    The 13th on Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Either take the 2 2nd rounders and trade up to get Denver’s 27th pick and take Reggie Bullock or if that doesn’t happen use the 38th pick on Nate Wolters and the 56th on Ricky Ledo.

Cut Stuckey for 4 million of his 8 use the other 4 for your draft picks. Don’t resign English

Resign Calderon at two years at 6 million sign Kevin Martin for 2 at 8 million.

Lineup

PG CALDERON/ KNIGHT/WOLTERS
    SG MARTIN/ CALDWELL-POPE/LEDO (English)
    SF MARION/SINGLER/MIDDLETON     (Bullock)
    PF MONROE/JEREBKO/ VILLANUEVA
    C DRUMMOND/LEN/KRAVTSOV

Next year take get 18 million back from Charlie, Marion, and Kravtsov’s expiring contracts and get a big FA.  Use any combination of Knight, Len, Wolters, Ledo, and Middleton to get back into the first round of 2014 draft.

• May 24, 20131:46 pm
    by #NAME?

Anthony Bennett falls to Pistons in ESPN’s post-lottery mock draft « PistonPowered