Brandon Knight misses WIDE OPEN layup (video)

Brandon Knight has had a rough few months. Kyrie Irving crossed him over. DeAndre Jordan dunked on him. Knight’s ankle and nose have betrayed him.

But in last night’s loss to the Celtics, Knight might have hit a new low. You can see the video above, though if you’re a Pistons fan, it’s pretty cringe-worthy.

Look, there’s no point judging Knight by only his lowest moments, just as there’s no point judging him by only his highest moments. This play is an aberration.

Hopefully, Knight will take this in stride – just as he did DeAndre Jordan’s dunk – and continue to work hard, continue to improve.

• Apr 4, 201312:34 pm
    by I HATE FRANK

ITS CALLED TANKING GOOD JOB! BK

I hate late season meaningless wins…they hurt my stomach…

Knight should not even be playing right now,

• Apr 4, 201312:57 pm
    by G

I’ve missed open layups before, but not like that. How do you miss the rim?

• Apr 4, 201312:58 pm
    by danny

that was hard to watch and no excuse for missing that.  but notice how stuckey just stops running the floor dude has always been lazy in my eyes.

• Apr 4, 20132:23 pm
      by G

Yeah, saw that too. I think it’s probably ok to assume than an NBA player will convert a wide open layup though, and if he follows the play then he’ll likely be out of position for defense.

• Apr 4, 20131:01 pm
    by bvpiston

Wasn’t that a travel as well?

• Apr 4, 20132:25 pm
      by G

Looked like 3 steps to me. Should’ve taken one more dribble & dunked it.

• Apr 4, 20131:21 pm
    by Cliff

charlie v’s misses were worse

• Apr 4, 20132:03 pm
    by jerrific

I hope to God he’s not our starting PG next year

• Apr 4, 20133:57 pm
    by Big Rick

Just wondering…..
    “It’s making sacrifices and concessions to make it work,” Frank said. “They definitely can play together and the more they continue to improve their games, the better they’ll be together. And they enjoy playing together, which is a big part of it. Sometimes combinations don’t work because guys just don’t want to make it work. A lot of times you see it at the two and the three when you have two wing scorers that both feel like they have to have the ball at all times. Pettiness gets involved. But with these guys, they’re both very unselfish guys, so it definitely will work.”
    Lawrence Frank on Moose and Drummond meshing together on the court, taken from TBP.
    Is it just me, or was that kind of a shot at Rodney Stuckey?

• Apr 4, 20134:22 pm
      by oats

My first thought was Gordon. I suspect there is a reason Detroit dumped him like that, and Gordon’s one man mutiny in Charlotte kind of back up that suspicion.

• Apr 4, 20136:02 pm
    by hoophabit

You can find a play like this for anyone if you look hard enough.  I’m not saying there aren’t issues regarding Knight, but this is meaningless.

• Apr 4, 20137:14 pm
    by Lake Side Live

Yup Brandon knight had one I think was worse when russell westbrook bounced the ball off his nuts to score an easy layup.

• Apr 4, 201311:12 pm
    by Pete

If I was BK… I would shut it down for the last couple of games and take a loooooong vacation… THEN i would use all these things for MOTIVATION an dcome back with a chip(no a BOULDER) on my shoulder….

• Apr 5, 201312:03 am
    by bball4224

Shaqtin a fool?

• Apr 10, 201312:55 am
    by ADags

Trade him & Monroe for Kevin Love, one of Minnesota’s PG, & one of Minnesota’s SFs…or do a three-way deal to bring in a legit SF into the picture. BK & GM are not cornerstone type players.