Greg Monroe, Carmelo Anthony out

Ryan Field of Fox Sports Detroit:

Monroe (sore ankle) OUT for tonight vs Knicks #Pistons

Howard Beck of the New York Times:

Carmelo is out.

Jason Maxiell slides to center, and Jonas Jerebko will start at power forward. Considering the Knicks have beaten the Pistons by 21, 15 and 14 this season, I doubt this makes much difference, but Detroit’s starting lineup is not pretty.

• Mar 6, 20136:20 pm
    by Mr.BlockedShot

No Monroe ? No Drummond? Maxiell at center and JJ as starting PF? Oh My, this game is going to be hard to swallow. And looking ahead it becomes worse. Hey 5th pick, here we go!!

• Mar 6, 20136:28 pm
    by Scott Carter

So our centers are Maxiell/Khravtsov?? F&%K! I’m gonna be generous due to Melo being out too and say Knicks win by……….12.

• Mar 6, 20136:42 pm
    by Jay

This is about to be one of the worst games we’ve seen in a looong time.

• Mar 6, 20136:42 pm
      by Jay

Even with the sucky years we’ve had recently

• Mar 6, 20137:26 pm
    by Blocks by Dre

unfortunately I’m at work for the first part, but leaving and going to a friends house to do everything BUT watch the game For the second half. If I was watching I would be all smiles just daydreaming about us getting a high draft pick…sounds good….yep daydreaming already! Just need the Cav’s to win…

• Mar 6, 20137:37 pm
    by Vince

Wow, didn’t ever think I’d be annoyed at CV being injured,

We have no forwards. This game is going to be great.

• Mar 6, 20138:02 pm
    by gmehl

I’ve been scanning the schedules for Cleveland, Minnesota, Phoenix, New Orleans, Washington, Sacramento and they all seem to play each other a fair bit the rest of the season which means out of those teams someone has to win. As of today the records look like this:

23-36 Philadelphia
    23-38 Toronto
    23-39 Detroit
    21-39 Phoenix
    21-40 New Orleans
    21-41 Sacramento
    20-37 Minnesota
    20-40 Cleveland
    19-39 Washington
    17-44 Orlando
    13-47 Charlotte

Who is going to over take us in the standings people?? I can see Cleveland, New Orleans, Sacramento, Minnesota and maybe even Washington doing it but i guess it depends who does/doesn’t hit tank mode.

• Mar 7, 201312:57 am

Orlando and Charlotte will be the bottom two teams. All these other teams can shuffle.

Tonight:
      Cleveland won (1 game back)
      Philly lost (1.5 games up)
      Detroit lost
      New Orleans lost (1.5 games back)
      Washington lost (2 games back)
      Minny won (1.5 games back)
      Toronto won (1.5 games up)
      Phoenix lost (1 game back)
      Sacramento lost (2 games back)

This could easily go down to the wire. But I expect Detroit to stay behind Philly and Toronto. Washington, New Orleans, and Cleveland should pass the Pistons. I expect Phoenix, Sacramento, and Minnesota to remain behind. That is good enough for the 7th overall pick, pre-lottery drawing.

• Mar 6, 20138:11 pm
    by I HATE FRANK

Knicks play by play guys are making we feel real good about our talent, with how they talk about Drummond and the future of the pistons

• Mar 6, 20138:22 pm
      by gmehl

It’s always good to hear it from opposition play-by-play guys and people that have nothing to do with the Pistons. The concerning thing for me is you don’t hear the same about Knight.

• Mar 6, 20138:36 pm
        by Vince

I know! They are always high on Moose and Dre, I’ve even heard a few talk about Jerebko, Bynum and English. Knight doesn’t get much air time, because, bear with me here, he is fairly average and isn’t very consistent. Who would’ve guessed?