Andre Drummond ‘will enter a second phase of rehabilitation and conditioning that will include a progression of basketball related activities’

Pistons release:

Team doctors, in consultation with Dr. Robert Watkins and Dr. Robert Watkins Jr. of Los Angeles, are pleased with the progress of Andre Drummond’s recovery from a back injury. Under their guidance, Drummond will enter a second phase of rehabilitation and conditioning that will include a progression of basketball related activities. No timetable has been placed on Drummond’s return to game action at this time. He will continue to be evaluated throughout the rehabilitation and conditioning process and further updates will be passed along at an appropriate time.

I now know Andre Drummond is out hurt, but I already knew that. I also know he’s advancing in his rehabilitation, but I already figured that.

The Pistons released an intentionally vague – and timeline free – update, and although I appreciate effort, I can muster much excitement. Drummond will be back when’s back, and that’s really all we knew this morning, too.

At least we can take solace knowing Drummond will “continue to be evaluated throughout the rehabilitation and conditioning process,” and we can look forward to those “further updates … at an appropriate time.”

• Mar 11, 20136:27 pm
    by Justin

“Drummond will be back when he’s back”

I see what you did there.

• Mar 11, 20136:38 pm
    by Brigs

im taking this as a sign that Drummond won’t come back this year

• Mar 11, 20137:23 pm
    by Mr.BlockedShot

The translation of that note, in brief, would be: “Drummond will be ready for next season’s tip off”…so get ready for a neverending and painful end of the season…

• Mar 11, 20137:39 pm
    by Jon

The tanking has officially begun with that statement if it hadn’t 5 games ago

• Mar 11, 20139:23 pm
    by Corey

He’ll be back this season- probably for about 5 games. It will be a useful learning experience for him to play a few games, after all the tape-watching and tutoring he’s going through. but they’ll just bring him back for a few. So they’ll bring him back to get his feet wet again, and recreate some excitement going into the off-season.

• Mar 12, 20138:25 am
    by G

I’m going to the 2nd to last game of the season. I’m REALLY hoping he’s back so I have somebody to watch.

• Jun 2, 20138:41 pm
    by cheapcouponcodes.com

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog
    loading? I’m trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it’s
    the blog. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.