Will Bynum on technical foul: ‘I want my $2,000 in my pocket’

Will Bynum received a technical foul against the Memphis Grizzlies on Tuesday, and he reacted exactly how you’d expect – with proud defiance and a focus on his money. Bynum, via Dave Pemberton of Pistons’ Point:

"All I said was, ‘He hit my hand,’ " Bynum said. "That’s all I said. I don’t even say nothing. I want my $2,000 in my pocket. I need every dime I can get man. I’ve never got a technical, I don’t think. It’s different man."

Never change, Will. Never change.

• Feb 22, 20139:19 am
    by MIKEYDE248

Every time I hear a statement from Bynum, I can’t help but think of the commercial with the weight lifter, when they ask him what he does and all he says is that he picks things up and puts them down.

Gotta love the guys focus.

• Feb 22, 201310:03 am
    by Ryank

Will knows his window to make his money is closing quickly.  If he’s been smart, the money he made should be able to last him the rest of his days.  But most of these guys give half to an ex-wife, pay big money in child support, leverage themselves with debt, and get suckered into bad investments with the rest.  A fool and his money are quickly separated.

The NBA needs to have an annual seminar that spells out the realities of the situation.  A presentation team that makes it’s rounds to 30 cities and shows these guys what happens most of the time.  There are ways to protect these guys from themselves…

• Feb 22, 201310:12 am
    by ryan

I’d be saying the same thing.

• Feb 22, 201311:51 am
    by duke

Good thing Will’s not married, supports his daughter and has been saving money. When you truly grow up without you don’t waste it when you get it; money or anything else. That’s why I admire this kid as a player.

• Feb 22, 20134:29 pm

Good thing Will’s not married, supports his daughter and has been saving money.

If this is true, that’s great for him. Well done, Will.

This is really, really untrue. People who grow up without money are usually much worse at managing it than those who grow up with. They are much more likely to frivolously spend themselves into bankruptcy if given a windfall because they have never learned how to deal with having a lot. If you don’t believe me, statistics on this are available all over the place.

• I tend not to drop a leave a response, however I read a great deal of remarks on
    this page Will Bynum on technical foul: ‘I want my $2,000 in my pocket’ | PistonPowered.
    I do have a couple of questions for you if it’s okay. Is it simply me or does it seem like some of these remarks come across as if they are coming from brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are posting at other places, I would like to follow everything new you have to post. Could you make a list of all of all your public sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

• Say, you got a nice blog article.Much thanks again. Keep writing.

• Jun 22, 201310:52 am
    by 18650????

Wow! This could be one of the most helpful blogs we have ever encounter on thesubject. Essentially wonderful publish! I am also an expert in this topic therefore I can understand your difficult work.

• Jun 22, 201310:52 am
    by 18650????

This internet website is my aspiration , rattling great pattern and perfect subject matter.

• Hello, after reading this amazing post i am also
    happy to share my experience here with mates.