Pistons send Khris Middleton and Kim English to D-League

Vincent Goodwill of The Detroit News:

#Pistons announce Khris Middleton and Kim English to Ft. Wayne, their D-League affiliate

I thought Kim English had a chance at cracking the rotation again, but I guess not yet. For Khris Middleton, this is absolutely his best chance of receiving minutes, which like for English, should be good for him.

This leaves the Pistons with 13 players, meaning everyone else – including Viacheslav Kravtsov – will be active each game. Hopefully, this gives him more minutes, too.

• Dec 12, 20122:09 pm
    by MrBlockedShot

What a waste of time not to send Daye to D-League (one more time…) and keep English on the roster. That would give Kravtsov the active status and allow English to develop with the best players of the team…

• Dec 12, 20122:11 pm
    by Tom Y.

English should be better than Maggette, but I don’t mind much that he’s going to play some in the D-League. Langlois says (on his Twitter account) that it’s a three game stint.

• Dec 12, 20122:36 pm
    by Vic

I don’t mind that, they will probably go to the d-league and dominate. I have a problem with Lawrence and Joe not giving them a chance anyway even if they prove they’re better than Maggette, bynum, etc

• Dec 12, 20123:11 pm
    by Scott Free

At least this way they’re playing in actual games.  I fear Kravtsov will continue looking like a dapper question mark sitting behind the Pistons every game.

• Dec 12, 20123:29 pm
    by D_S_V

Finally. Now I don’t have to be mad that Maggette plays – there’s no other option!

• Dec 12, 20123:30 pm
    by Day and Knight

Hey Pistons, I think you forgot someone (pointing finger at Daye)

• Dec 12, 20124:38 pm
    by danny

I think thats good new for them.  This way they get a chance to play and we can bring back big ben so he can teach some of these bigs that act like they cant play d.  I think we are still trying to play Daye so someone will be interested in him and we wont lose him for nada.  Oh well good news.

• Dec 12, 20124:48 pm
      by bugsygod

HUh? Big Ben back? ^^^^

• Dec 12, 20124:57 pm

@danny:

No, the Pistons can’t bring Wallace back. Sending Middleton and English to the D-League still means they are on the Pistons roster. They don’t have a roster spot for Wallace unless someone is traded and they take no player back in return or someone is released.

• Dec 12, 20124:41 pm
    by I HATE FRANK

anyway we can watch those games?

• Dec 12, 20124:56 pm

Yes, they stream games here on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/nbadleague

• Dec 13, 20127:57 am
        by I HATE FRANK

Not trying to make extra work for your guys, but when they play can you post it, like you do on Pistons game day, with the link?

The kim English and Khris Middleton Cult following is growing…

• Dec 13, 20129:35 am
        by I HATE FRANK

24 games in … Last year with Lockout, No real time to prepare, no real training camp, no summer league, and a shorten preseason …

The Pistons had a 4-20 record…

This year 24 games in NO Lockout, Plenty of time to prepare, FULL training camp, summer league, and a full preseason …

Pistons Are 7-17 … Only a 3 game improvement …… 7-17 kinda hurts more than 4-20 because with 4-20 we had a built in excuse ….

• Dec 12, 20126:59 pm
      by Mark

You can stream them free at that link. I watched Macklin play last year on there, but these games Fri/Sat will probably be the same time as the Pistons games, so I probably won’t be watching them this time.

iirc last year on the d league website, you could watch archived games. If you really want to see them play

• Dec 12, 20124:55 pm
    by dvs

Im pretty sure i read somewhere that the DLeague stream games on a youtube channel… I’ll have to look into it.

• Dec 12, 20126:13 pm
    by DEL

Will they play today?? Game starts in 45 minutes…

• Dec 12, 20126:29 pm

No, Frank said they’ll be joining Ft Wayne after the game tonight in Canton. Ft Wayne starts a 3-game homestand this weekend, so the assumption is they’ll play those three games then return to the Pistons.

• Dec 12, 20126:33 pm
        by pistonsPoland DEL

Ok, thanks. I’ll watch them next time.

• Dec 12, 20128:21 pm
    by AU Examiner

It official “WE’RE TANKING”

• Dec 12, 20129:15 pm
    by MattRC

Sending English to the D-League is a bad choice, I think the Pistons should develop him. We need a SG in the rotation to spread the court and hit some 3′s. This would make everyone else more potent.

• Dec 13, 20128:59 am
      by Crispus

It is the “Developmental League”. And it’s not like he’s going away forever, just for a few games.

• Dec 12, 201210:46 pm
    by Mel

I hope English and Middleton have major success in the D-League and make Frank look stupid for not given these guys a chance on the court earlier. I agree,send Frank to the D-League TOO.

• Dec 12, 201211:09 pm
    by Zekekhaseli

D league is where Frank belong. These rookies hv performed well and yet Frank broke his own commitment of deciding playing time based on merits not seniority

• Dec 13, 20126:28 am
    by HorsePower

Wow – the Warriors have no problem playing their second round picks and winning games.
    I wonder why things are not working out here in Detroit ????

• Dec 13, 20128:09 am
      by I HATE FRANK

Mark Jackson has two rookie starting…and a Rookie playing solid minutes off the bench…

Mark Jackson was a confident player, who can relate to the mind set of todays NBA player…

Mark jackson also does not lack X’s and O’s either…..

• Dec 13, 20128:27 am
    by I HATE FRANK

If Golden State had taken Drummond, All of that energy on that, youthfulness, confidence ….Drummond would be averaged 10pts 13rebs 3blks per game easily…..

Wanna know whats scarey!

IF Drummond was off the board…..We were gonna draft JOHN HENSON!!!

Who has been injury-prone (like I said he would be) he gets pushed around (like i said he would) ….. struggling on both sides of the floor….(like i said he would)

• Dec 13, 20129:46 am
    by I HATE FRANK

The Pistons had a 4-20 record…

• Dec 13, 20122:20 pm

Sure but it was an excuse everyone had. So it doesn’t really count.