Andre Drummond and Rodney Stuckey dressed as Santa and an elf? Andre Drummond and Rodney Stuckey dressed as Santa and an elf

The Pistons posted this photo of Rodney Stuckey and Andre Drummond on their Facebook page with this message:

Andre Drummond (as Santa) and Rodney Stuckey (as the elf) put smiles on the faces of kids at Whaley Children’s Center in Flint as the players took them on a holiday shopping trip to Meijer.

A few things: 1. I love how seriously Stuckey and Drummond took this, dressing up and everything. I’m sure that was an amazing experience for the kids. 2. It’s great that they were at Whaley here in Flint. Whaley does a lot of fantastic work in a city that desperately needs it. 3. I assume Drummond has a modified Santa suit because they don’t make Santa pants for men who are 6-foot-11.

• Dec 13, 20121:54 pm
    by brandow

lol stuckey should star in elf 2 instead of will ferral

• Dec 13, 20122:00 pm
    by frankie d

hilarious!
    a great way to get into the holiday spirit!
    one of the funniest pics i’ve seen in a while.

• Dec 13, 20122:37 pm
    by sebastian

All I want for Christmas is for Stuckey to continue flourishing in his new (and perfect) role as the back-up PG/6th-man/first player off the bench and for Dre Drummond to begin starting at the C position.
    Oh, one more thing, Santa: Tell Gores and Joe to fire L. Frank!
    And, WE will have a Haopier New Year …

• Dec 13, 20123:51 pm
    by MIKEYDE248

Looking at how well Stuckey looks as an elf, this probably isn’t his first time dressing up as one.

• Dec 13, 20124:32 pm
    by Crispus

Ha, look at how long Stuckey’s legs are

• Dec 13, 20125:21 pm
    by AussieKaneFalkon

Under no circumstances should the Pistons trade Stuckey – He does fill that sixth man combo G role perfectly (much like what Monta should be doing).  What is even better is that he content and happy to fill that role.  I don’t know many other “former” starters who can say the same thing at that age.

• Dec 13, 201210:36 pm
      by MIKEYDE248

I’m all in favor of keeping Stuckey and Max also, but I would like to see both as bench players.  They can both be very effective against other teams benches.

• Dec 13, 20125:37 pm
    by sloppy joe

Black Santa

• Dec 13, 20126:16 pm
    by Big Rick

I agree for the most part that Stuckey has played pretty well as of late, but he hurts us when he often decides to do a heat check and launch ill-advised 3-pointers. Everytime he does that I cringe just like I use to do when Big Ben shot airballs from the free throw line.

• Dec 13, 20126:41 pm
    by Nine_Fat_Stalks

we need to save this pic of Stuckey to post in the game threads whenever he does something we don’t like

• Dec 13, 20127:04 pm
    by Travis

Some sports teams would love to have players that get involved in the community like these two. Don’t ever take these photos and goodwill for granted.

• Dec 13, 20127:23 pm
    by gmehl

Geez i hope Drummond doesn’t move too quick in that outfit because its about to bust open. Nice choice in toy btw…the good old Millennium Falcon. I’d be surprised if he new what it was only being 19 and all.

• Dec 13, 20127:52 pm
      by Travis

There’s 9 year olds that know what Star Wars is and sadly who Jar-Jar Binks is.