Pistons want Kyle Singler to rest, Kyle Singler doesn’t care

Kyle Singler:

Because my season in Spain didn’t end until just before Summer League, I know management was concerned about overdoing it. But I have been working out. I didn’t plan on taking too much time off, just because there isn’t a need. I’ve been doing a combination of shooting and conditioning type of stuff and working on my body, stretching, a little bit of yoga. I’m not really working on too much full-court stuff, just half-court shooting and ballhandling.

• Aug 14, 20123:42 pm
    by MNM

Kinda off topic, but figured you guys would be interested: http://www.nba.com/reportcard/summer/2012/pistons/

• Aug 14, 20124:58 pm
      by G

I don’t get their grading system. Is it just a grade of their off-season moves or of their prospects next year? If it’s just an off-season grade, why do the Wizards and the Spurs have the same grade? If it’s a team grade, why do the Hornets, Nets, 76ers, and Pacers all have a better grade than the Heat? It’s a bit muddled.

• Aug 14, 20125:15 pm
      by Crispus

This report card gets a D+ for lack of clarity.

• Aug 14, 20127:54 pm
    by Holy Crow

I thought that the report card tihng was pretty clear…how have you improved since last year…
    Are you gonna eat those fries?

• Aug 15, 20129:44 am
    by JT's Hoops Blog

I doubt Singler will get any real meaningful minutes because the SF position is clogged.  Unless he can play some off guard or powerforward, I do not see Singler making much of an impact for Detroit.

• Aug 16, 20125:15 am
      by KaBa

Well since Austin Daye got so many chances at the SF position, why wouldn’t Kyle Singler get his chance too? Besides that he is at the moment the only true young option at that position. And with a team like the Pistons that does need to improve but does not need to win anything there is a good chance he will play, if he is near as good as an old Corey Maggette.

• Aug 19, 20128:54 pm
        by Chris

The Pistons need to showcase Daye during the preseason, before contact gets real, and try to at least get a future 2nd round pick for him. Maybe something 2-3 years out from someone that projects to be a lottery team by that point. That’ll clear it up a little for a guy like Singler that is more likely to succeed in the NBA.