Khris Middleton worried about falling behind while unsigned

Khris Middleton:

I got a little anxious, of course, when I saw the rookies who were my teammates during Summer League – Kim English and Andre Drummond and Kyle Singler – sign contracts when I hadn’t. I wanted to come up here and get some work in and find a place to get settled. I enjoyed being back home and working hard while I was down there, but it was a delay. I just tried to work out and make it work.

I left that all up to my agent. I knew he was going to do what was best for me, so I stayed home and was working out mostly by myself with my high school coach – I lifted weights, tried to do some light conditioning to stay in shape and did a whole bunch of work on the floor – so I would be prepared to come up here when it got done.

I worried about falling behind, of course, knowing those guys were up here a couple of weeks ahead of me. They know what they’re doing when they come in every day. They already have their routines set and now I’m trying to figure out my routine.

• Aug 22, 20125:24 pm
    by swampdetroit

Pratice hard than anybody on the team.  So one the stay 2hr aftrer pratice you stay 4hr.

• Aug 22, 20127:12 pm
    by Holy Crow

Next time you’re found,
    with your chin on the ground
    There a lot to be learned, so look around
    Just what makes that little old ant
    Think hell move that rubber tree plant
    Anyone knows an ant, cant
    Move a rubber tree plant

But he’s got high hopes, he’s got high hopes
    Hes got high apple pie, in the sky hopes
    So any time your gettin low
    Stead of lettin go
    Just remember that ant
    Oops there goes another rubber tree plant

When troubles call, and your backs to the wall
    There’s a lot to be learned, that wall could fall
    Once there was a silly old ram
    Thought he’d punch a hole in a dam
    No one could make that ram, scram
    He kept buttin that dam

‘Cause he had high hopes, he had high hopes
    He had high apple pie, in the sky hopes
    So any time your feelin bad
    ‘Stead of feelin sad
    Just remember that ram
    Oops there goes a billion kilowatt dam

All problems are just a toy balloon
    They will be burst soon
    They’re just bound to go pop
    Oops there goes another problem KERPLOP!

• Aug 22, 20127:39 pm
    by sop

another excuse for Middleton…

• Aug 22, 20128:04 pm
    by Holy Crow

So, the Pistons have all but announced that there is another trade coming before the start of the season. I would think that Dan or Patrick should be able to narrow down the possibilities and make an educated prediction, if in fact, they have not got brain damage from emptying Keith Langlois’ litter box over at True Blue Pistons. That would certainly be more entertaining than the current tripe they are shucking about Glass Cebalos, etc. But that would take balls and hard work…

• Aug 22, 20129:38 pm

Charlie Villanueva for Josh Smith.

• Aug 22, 201210:24 pm

Also, just to point out, this was Dumars’ quote from the other day:

“I would feel comfortable (with the status quo), but it’s something we’re trying to address, as well,” Dumars said. “We continue to look to shuffle one or two spots on our roster to give it more balance.”

Has is that ‘all but announcing’ that there’s another trade coming? How is that statement in any way different than any message Dumars has put out over the last three years? Please explain to me your reasoning that they’ve all but guaranteed another trade is going to happen.

I would agree if you said that a trade makes sense or that they have an imbalanced roster and could use more guard depth. But those things are far, far cries from the organization saying something will definitely happen. They have the same stance they always have, and over the last three years or so, that stance has led to exactly one trade.

• Aug 23, 20128:59 am
        by Crispus

Frankly I don’t see what the hurry is. Yes we have too many SF and not enough guards, but it won’t kill us to give things a whirl in preseason and the early part of the regular season.

• Aug 22, 201210:05 pm
    by Travis

Why do Pistons’ fans hate on Keith Langlois? I’m a well-informed sports fan and what Keith writes is much better than what other sports teams mouthpieces write. His rookie diary series, mailbag Q&A, and of course his “kool aid” articles all have value to hardcore fans. You might not like his diplomatic answers, but he has a job that Gores pays him for, and it’s better than having no stories or fan interaction on the Pistons official website.

• Aug 22, 201210:12 pm

He makes occasional points that are obviously far, far too optimistic, but for the most part, you’re right. He knows the history of this team extremely well, he’s as objective as he can be given the position he’s in and he’s a good writer. If people compared Pistons.com to other team sites, the content available is probably among the best in the league. A team like the Hawks, for example, has barely had any new content this summer, and that’s actually been a team that has made a lot of moves. Probably explains partially why that fanbase is not particularly rabid for that team even though they’re usually pretty good.

• Aug 22, 201210:41 pm
      by Otis

He’s a talented writer, but it’s impossible to maintain journalistic integrity while trying to defend this team or its track record for the last half decade. He’s all excuses, and a broken record at this point. It’s all “nothing to see here” while the team finds new ways to win 30-some % of their games.

• Aug 24, 20122:49 pm
        by apa8ren9

Every job includes a crappy part.  I have to defend him to a degree.  He does maintain journalistic integrity.  He is diplomatic and I enjoy that.   Basket ball discussions can become passionate and heated.  He runs a professional ship that is good for business which is why he continues to be employed.

• Aug 24, 20127:19 am
    by ryan

I’m a big Keith Langois fan and I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t be. He’s not a journalist but I appreciate the information we get about the Pistons and the individual players. If you understand that he has a positive bias based on his job there’s not much to dislike.

I think that a large percentage of Piston’s fans are really pissed off and want a writer to tear into the team, management, players… they want someone to help them vent their frustrations. What team is going to pay someone to do that? It’d be silly. I do sometimes wonder why the Detroit newspapers aren’t more critical but I don’t have that question with Langois.

Also the coverage we get as Piston’s fans is so much better than the coverage a lot of other teams fans get both on pistons.com and here at Piston Powered. I used to live in Portland and sometimes read Portland Roundball Society and their coverage is crap. They had a guy in the Olympics this summer and made some big moves and there was very little written about it. So with that perspective I feel very lucky to have the information sources we do have.