Summer League roster, schedule announced

Via Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press, the Pistons Summer League roster has been announced. The team’s 2012 draft picks — Andre Drummond, Khris Middleton and Kim English — will play. Non-roster players are Yancy Gates, Armon Johnson, Patrick Richard and Casper Ware. Joining them will be Vernon Macklin, Kyle Singler, Austin Daye and Brandon Knight. Here is the schedule:

July 9: Pistons vs. Jazz, 3 p.m.

July 10: Pistons vs. Orlando, 3 p.m.

July 11: Pistons vs. Thunder, 1 p.m.

July 12: Pistons vs. Celtics, 11 a.m.

July 13: Pistons vs. 76ers, noon.

Per Brendan Savage of MLive, all games will be televised live on NBA TV and also replayed. Other teams participating are the Orlando Magic, Brooklyn Nets, Boston Celtics, Philadelphia 76ers, Utah Jazz, Oklahoma City Thunder and Indiana Pacers. Games are closed to the public and only open to media. Also, it doesn’t appear that the games will be streamed online, but if they are, we’ll definitely pass along that info.

• Jul 2, 20129:05 pm
    by Mark

This is going to be fun to watch. I’m expecting a lot of lob dunks from Knight to Drummond. I heard Monroe is going to be there practicing with the team as well, just not playing.

I almost rather Daye not even be there to drag down the team with his bad body language, lol.

• Jul 2, 20129:58 pm
      by Leftos

Daye was fine in the 2011 pre-season. Granted, it was 2 games, but he scored 19 points in one and 18 in the other one, showing great chemistry with Brandon Knight, and having a good flow.
      And then, the regular season came, and we never saw that Daye again.
      Good riddance.

• Jul 2, 20129:58 pm
    by Todd

No luck having Slava on the team? I guess this must be due in part to the fact that we can’t sign him until the 11th. Bummer, I would have enjoyed seeing the big fella in action stateside.

• Jul 3, 20121:53 am
      by gmehl

At least it will give us one last look at Macklin

• Pingback

Jul 2, 201211:51 pm
    by MonkeyWrench32 » July 2012 DSC

[...] (7/2): The Pistons’ Summer League schedule has been added to the [...]

• Jul 3, 201210:58 am
    by MrBlockedShot

Last chance for Daye or just a way to shop him better? I can’t remember a four-year veteran that had to attend a summer league….I wonder they minutes are going to be split between the players. Maybe he’s  not even going to play a main role…The same for Macklin…bad news for him the Pistons didn’t take the team option on him, but, as it was stated here, an incentive for him to play better and demonstrate if he can be up to the challenge. Unless there are some trades on the wires he might be our backup center.

• Jul 3, 20121:30 pm
    by Basement Dweller

$15 for online streaming of the Summer League games.

I don’t see the iphone/ipad app out yet though

• Jul 3, 20123:51 pm
    by Vic

Good news about Casper Ware. He was a pass first of that scored because his college coach needed him too: http://m.gazettes.com/mobile/sports/lbsu/column-casper-ware-the-nba-draft/article_9c6b9fbc-c025-11e1-b1f7-001a4bcf887a.html

Since NBA style basketball tends to revert players closer to their hs playing style than their college program, I think Casper will be a good fit for the Pistons.
    I vaguely recognized his name but I looked him up, and he looks to me like an undervalued, highly talented player. Considering he had his best games against the best comp a la Jeremy Lin, and his knack for showing up in big moments a la Isaiah Thomas, and his ability to switch from pass first to score first like Lin and Thomas – plus considering our need for a pg- I think it’s safe to say Casper could be a high value player for us.

• Oct 3, 20122:15 am
    by Donnetta Tardie

This is the best site for anybody who desires to find out about this topic. You notice so much its nearly onerous to argue with you (not that I truly would want…HaHa). You undoubtedly put a brand new spin on a subject thats been wrote about for ages. Nice stuff, simply nice!