Pistons-76ers summer-league game thread

• Teams: Detroit Pistons vs. Philadelphia 76ers
  • Date: July 13, 2012
  • Time: 12 p.m.
  • Television: NBATV

• Jul 13, 201212:48 pm
    by Travis

After watching 5 games, I hope an NBA signs Gates to a contract for this season. He plays like a dependable 7-10 minute bench player. Plus, his contract will be inexpensive.

• Jul 13, 201212:48 pm
    by jacob

Kim English was a great pick.

• Jul 13, 20121:34 pm
    by Brian

finally middelton came out his shell I would like to see him make the team he has a nice stroke. kim english is the man

• Jul 13, 20121:36 pm
    by Lee

I wasn’t able to watch any of the games, but if someone can help me out in my analysis of the Pistons summerleague results that would be great. From the box score and comments from others all week, it looks like Kim English will be the primary back up SG. It also looks as if Knight has shown flashes of great development as a PG and floor leader. Sounds like Middleton will not be on the main 15-man roster this year. Looks like Daye is playing great and will be “making the coaches play him” this year; good luck coaching staff figuring that out. Lastly, it looks like Drummond will start off as a reserve behind Monroe until maybe 15-20+ gmaes into the regular season, then become a full time starter. Again, i haven’t seen any of the games, but just been going off of mostly reports (primarily from this site) and box scores.

• Jul 13, 20126:13 pm
      by MrBlockedShot

Well, I agree on most of the points. English and Daye have been the best players over the summer league. The most consistent at least. English should be our backup PG (Stuckey is gonna start but might get some starts, do not discard it). Daye played good, with some stellar moments, but imho do not expect him to make the team, most likely to be traded for something else. Knight has been brilliant at times although I expected him to play better, but physically is much stronger than last year and it will help his game for sure. Middleton is the question mark of the year…why did we draft him? is he gonna make the roster actually? Don’t expect it. And Drummond…well…he’s to become 19 yet, he’s raw offensively and has the instinct and habilities deffensively, but will need some years to develop his full potential. Might start games as long as the season goes by, but I expect Slava to take the starter role and be given more minutes. By the way a convincing progression by Drummond during training camp and pre-season could change things by the start of the season.

• Jul 13, 20121:39 pm
    by john

If drummond doesnt start, theres something wrong with the new coaching staff.

• Jul 13, 20121:53 pm
      by Max

Monroe didn’t even start right away and he was much more polished.

• Jul 13, 20121:55 pm
        by vic

defense factor.

• Jul 13, 20122:20 pm
        by bugsygod

that was under Kuester!

• Jul 13, 20121:58 pm
      by BIGMARV

I agree hes good enough to start I mean damn good he’s way ahead of schedule. Yes he’s a rookie and he will make mistakes but there is no way that you sit this guy

• Jul 13, 20122:05 pm
    by DoctorDaveT

with the draft pick about to go to Charlotte, Detroit is in “Lose Now” mode – because the protection on the pick lessens over the next two-three years. That means lots of court time for Drummond, English, “The Russian,” and the rest of the young guys.

• Jul 13, 20122:06 pm
      by DoctorDaveT

Clarification: not so much “lose now,” as in “play the young guys now.” I think .500 and #8 seed is realistic – even while grooming the youth.

• Jul 13, 20124:28 pm
        by Andrew

Alright, because if we want to “lose now”, personally I think we’d want to sit English and Singler. Playing those two does not look conducive to losing basketball.

• Jul 13, 20126:04 pm
          by Worm

So we’d win more games playing Singler and English than we would playing Stuckey and Prince? I’m all for one more losing (albeit hopefully entertaining w/ addition of Drummond) season so we can secure one more lottery pick, hopefully a three-point shooting SF.

• Jul 13, 201211:38 pm
            by Andrew

Win more with Singler over Prince?  Maybe.  Too early to tell.  I had meant playing both of them as primary reserves however.

• Jul 14, 20129:08 am
            by Tom Y.

Whatever you or other fans think, after the last couple of years it’s pretty clear the team is not interested in losing. Joe’s not into losing, Frank isn’t into it and certainly the players aren’t into it. Personally, I’d love to see them continue to develop a winning culture and start getting some playoff experience for the young guys. That’s way more important than a late lottery pick in a weak draft IMO.
            That said, I think it’s about 50%-50% whether they make the playoffs or not, and if they don’t they get another nice pick, so I’m happy with either result as long as they play hard and continue to develop and improve their chemistry.

• Mar 23, 20142:35 pm
    by puma suede

Hey would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re using?
    I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a hard time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.

The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then
    most blogs and I’m looking for something unique.

P.S Sorry for being off-topic but I had to ask!