Poll: Which player belongs No. 10 on the Pistons’ draft board?

Read this before voting

1. Anthony Davis

2. Thomas Robinson

3. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

4. Andre Drummond

5. Harrison Barnes

6. Bradley Beal

7. Meyers Leonard

8. John Henson

9. Perry Jones

• Jun 24, 20121:50 pm

Thankfully, Detroit picks 9th. Because outside of the 9 guys thus far, there is nobody left who I think would be an acceptable use of the Pistons’ lottery pick.

• Jun 24, 20122:27 pm
      by 1298ty

So, so true..

• Jun 24, 20127:40 pm
      by Jason

Nobody left? You clearly haven’t looked into Kendall Marshall enough then….

• Jun 24, 201210:09 pm

I think Kendall Marshal projects as an Andre Miller type. Solid player, but nothing to be excited about. It’s fie if you think otherwise, I was just stating my opinion that those 9 players are the only ones I would even consider drafting until they are all gone.

• Jun 24, 20122:30 pm
    by 1298ty

I think I’d actually go with Terrance Jones here.

Even Arnett Moultrie or Kendall Marshall wouldn’t be that bad. Anything but Zeller and Leonard. Anything.

• Jun 24, 20125:27 pm

I don’t mind Leonard. Or, really, any of these first 9 guys PP viewers picked. I would slightly change the order and hope to get one of the top 6 or Perry Jones. But Zeller, Terrence Jones, Moultrie, Lillard, Waiters, Marshall, or Rivers all seem like reaches imo.

• Jun 24, 20125:50 pm
    by Reaction

Well I think it will soon be safe to say that there is no chance Drummond is falling to us since it seems that Chicago has offered Deng and the 29th pick for Dorell Wright, Biedrins, and the 7th from GSW. So even if he were to fall past Portland cause they take Lillard, he won’t fall past Chicago since they are interested in him. It works for GSW too since they want a veteran sf like Deng.

• Jun 24, 20126:35 pm
      by MrBlockedShot

I still think our pick will come down to the following set of players: Zeller-Leonard-Moultrie, imho. Drummond is a long shot in all terms, even regarding to the chance of getting him, according to last reports. Four more days left to figure out our selection…Let’s go big in this draft Joe D!

• Jun 24, 20126:47 pm
      by Coach_Ackley

How you figure if the Bulls jump to 7 “which is unlikely” that they pick Drummond.. You know Rip was hurt all season long so they still need a SG and if the trade does indeed go down I think they take Jeremy Lamb or Waiters as they play a position the Bulls lack…

• Jun 24, 20127:04 pm
        by Reaction

They have been talking and rumors have been flying since the combine that they and Philly have been interested in Drummond. Hence why they are shopping both Deng and Noah

• Jun 24, 20127:32 pm
          by Coach_Ackley

They can talk all they want cuz Noah ain’t going anywhere.. He has 4 years and 48 million on his contract… Plus they may say they are interested in Drummond in hopes Waiters falls but if not then Lamd will be the pick and besides Deng will be trade way before Noah will… If the Bulls are smart they would try to trade Deng and the 29th pick to the Kings for Tyreke Evans….

• Jun 24, 20126:55 pm
      by DG

My guess is that Chicago is trying to move up and get Waiters.  They’ve been looking for a two for a while.  I don’t think they really want Drummond, nor would they anticipate him being available at the #7 pick.  They’re going to need somebody that can create some offense until Rose gets back, too.

• Jun 24, 20127:34 pm
        by Coach_Ackley

My point DG……

• Jun 24, 201210:13 pm

The Bulls have a hell of a team. They are contenders right now (well, right the moment Rose returns from injury). They would be foolish to trade a sure-thing in a near all-star caliber known quantity for the risk that comes with a draft pick.

But for the Warriors or Kings, who are not yet contenders, they are better off with the lower floors and higher ceilings of the 7th pick or Reke respectively.

All around, this seems like a silly trade notion. I’d be shocked if it happened.

• Jun 24, 201210:21 pm
    by Vic

If the bulls trade Noah for any draft pick not named Anthony Davis they are idiots

• Jun 25, 20127:08 am

True, and the Hornets would be idiots to give up Davis for Noah.

• Jun 24, 201210:42 pm
    by Eric

If Lillard or Rivers is available at 9, we should just draft one of em and screw up the other teams. And maybe Dumars can find a trading partner.

• Jun 25, 20127:12 am

Never draft to screw other teams. It won’t work out well.