Ben Wallace retirement decision not coming until Oct. 1?

Ryan Field of Fox Sports Detroit:

Dumars on Ben Wallace-"We talk every other day." When asked when he will know his decision–"Training camp starts October 1st."?#pistons?

• Jun 29, 20125:53 pm
    by dvs

With Drummond on the roster i hope Wallace can stick around for another year. He’s a great mentor

• Jun 29, 20126:08 pm
    by MrBlockedShot

Hope Wallace retires as a player and makes the coaching staff. We will need his mentoring anf good work ethic to be a example for our youngsters.

• Jun 29, 20129:38 pm

I honestly think he’s a better example on the roster than coaching. First, we don’t even know if Wallace has any interest in coaching. Second, he’s still a decent player in a reserve role. Third, if he’s on the roster, he can practice with and lift weights with Drummond every day.

• Hi there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading through
      your blog posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same topics?
      Many thanks!

• Jun 7, 20139:35 pm
      by iphone repair pj

Howdy! This post could not be written any better!

Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate!

He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this post to
      him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

• Jun 29, 20126:39 pm
    by Sable

I’d love for Ben to stick around and mentor Drummond on the court and in the weightroom.  I’d also love to hire Rasheed as a big man’s coach to work with Drummond.

• Jun 29, 20129:15 pm
      by Shane

I’d rather hire Laimbeer or Kareem to do it. They have been very successful with Andrew Bynum and Dwight Howard

• Jun 29, 20129:39 pm

Can’t see that happening considering Roy Rogers’ main role on the team is big man coach.

• Jun 29, 20128:28 pm
    by 777BADBOYz

BIGBEN back for another season in any capacity with the PISTONS would be a GOOD THING.

• Jun 29, 20128:39 pm
    by Dirtgrain

He can teach him free throw shooting.

• Jun 29, 20128:49 pm
    by Mark

We need Big Ben back for 1 more year, even if he doesn’t play in any games. Just to be there practicing and working out with Drummond every day will do wonders for his development.

• Jun 29, 20129:54 pm
    by DasMark

I’m with everyone else, I hope he stays in some capacity to mentor or coach Drummond.

• May 27, 20139:09 am
    by wiredtree hosting

I’m amazed, I have to admit. Rarely do I come across a blog that’s equally educative and engaging, and without a doubt, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The problem is an issue that too few folks are speaking intelligently about. Now i’m very happy
    I came across this in my hunt for something relating to this.

• Jun 7, 20131:28 pm
    by Carrie

Aw, this was an exceptionally good post.
    Taking a few minutes and actual effort to produce a superb article… but what can I say… I put things off a whole lot and
    never seem to get anything done.

• Jan 1, 201410:39 am
    by Agatha Z. Faller

I was wondering if you ever considered changing the layout of your site?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more
    in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
    Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two images.

Maybe you could space it out better?