Greg Monroe will not be added to Team USA

Well, that was nice while it lasted. Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today:

Detroit Pistons forward Greg Monroe will not be one of two additions to Team USA’s preliminary Olympic roster, according to person w/info.

It would’ve been great to see Monroe on the preliminary roster, but like I said in the post this morning, it was pretty cool that Monroe was even given consideration.

• May 2, 20124:39 pm

Oh man, it looks like Jodi Jezz’s guarantee may have been errant. Could the Mayans have been right? Is this the end of the world?

• May 2, 20124:59 pm
    by Tiko

Jodi jizz is a douche

• May 2, 20126:42 pm

Ok, so I realized I did it first, but the name calling brought my attention to it while my own actions slipped under my radar. But as much as I disagree with Jodi Jezz, insulting is crossing a line. It just makes a forum like this a less fun place for everyone.
    I apologize, Jodi; I still think you are wrong, but I could demonstrate that with a lot more class.

• May 2, 20128:33 pm
    by sop

I think the best we can hope for is that in 2 years he’d be considered for a slot on the FIBA team.

• May 3, 201212:02 pm
    by MrBlockedShot

Anybody thought it might be a mistake? maybe the wrong button or check-mark (jk)
    I can’t belive Ibaka didn’t earn the trophy…

• May 3, 20125:34 pm

I definitely would have voted for Chandler over Ibaka. The Knicks are the far superior defensive team. And apart from Ibaka/Chandler, they have inferior defender all around. Sefolosha and Shumpert basically cancel out. Durant significantly better on D than Melo this year. Westbrook will blow any NY PG out of the water on that end. Perkins more than cancels out Jeffries (because he get more minutes), and after all those players are accounted for, OKC has no comparable defensive liability to Amare. If Ibaka had 3/4 of the defensive impact that Chandler has, I would expect OKC’s defense to be at least as good as NY’s.

• May 9, 201212:31 am
    by Thomas

Im a american big NBA fan, working in Japan. I think Monroe has a way to go before being considered for a USA slot. i saw him play a few times this season and he seem pretty raw, what do you think? the NBA seems to be the deepest with power forward now, look forward to hearing from you.