Wizards come to town to show how to do tanking right

Essentials

Over/under: 190

Score: Pistons win, 97.5-92.5

Read about the Wizards

Truth About It

Notes

1. Stuckey will play. David Mayo of MLive:

Rodney Stuckey returns to the Detroit Pistons tonight, in a reserve role, after a pulled left hamstring cost him almost all of the last four games.

Gordon played well against the Magic, so it’s not really imperative that Stuckey get back in there quickly or anything anyway.

2. See ya next year, Ben Wallace.

Wallace joked that he might let the fans vote on whether or not he plays next year. Well Ben, sorry to inform you, 75 percent of fans who have voted in the poll say you are coming back.

• Apr 5, 20125:50 pm
    by Daye and Knight

LOVE the title to this! I laughed out loud when I saw it
    I’m going to the game tonight cause my friend scored some really good seats from his boss at work, so I’m hoping we pull it off tonight. I’m not for tanking cause I want to see our team grow, plus losing on purpose doesn’t sit well with me anyways. The Wizards are a lock, baring bad luck in the lotto, to get a top 3 pick at the  rate they’re going. Hopefully we can get a good player in the 7-9 range like we did the past 2 seasons, like maybe Zeller, Henson, Barnes (if he falls) or PJ III.
    btw does anybody know when the actually lotto is?

• Apr 5, 20129:27 pm
      by Tiko

Lotto is May 30

And Cody is the Zeller to consider. I don’t like Tyler

• Apr 5, 20126:10 pm
    by MrBlockedShot

Going to be in May, but date still TBD.  If we can pick Zeller or Henson at those spots it would be ok for me too. They’re what we need. I think they’re going to be still available at those possitions. Apart from those two players plus Davis (and maybe Drummond) there’s no one else I’m really interested in (regarding our first-round pick, of course)

• Apr 5, 20126:31 pm
    by Youssif

Agreed on the title, good stuff. Considering Anthony Davis would be perfect for the Pistons (yes, he’d be perfect for a lot of teams…), would it be unreasonable to think we’d have a chance at trading up to get him? Who would have to land the top pick for that to be a likely scenario?

• Apr 5, 20126:41 pm
      by MNM

If you gave Knight and Monroe to whoever wins the lotto..THEN you MIGHT be able to get the 1st pick/Davis.

• Apr 6, 20121:26 pm
        by Youssif

What about Knight/Stuckey + JJ + our first round pick + a future first round pick?

Probably depends on who gets the first draft pick, but honestly I’d say anybody but Monroe should be offered for Davis…

• Apr 6, 20125:28 pm
          by MNM

It would all depend on what the needs of that particular team are. If said team (thats not the Pistons) gets the 1st pick and is in need of a center, then your not getting him. Even if said team isn’t in dire need of a center/power forward, then they would still draft him and try and trade or amnesty someone who’s already on said roster and put Anthony Davis in there..Especially when said 1st pick/center is being considered to be a true potential franchise changer. It would take a real bone-head running an organization to deal the 1st pick in this draft. They’re plenty of bone-heads in this league, but not in this scenario. It’s not impossible for the Pistons to land at the top, but with each win that the Pistons returning vets are getting this organization, it makes it improbable.  It would be much better if they would just play Austin Daye and Vernin Macklin in the rotation, to develop young talent for the future as promised which would probably contribute to more lottory balls, but that’s not how this team operates.

• Apr 5, 20126:43 pm
    by MNM

Im still waiting for this schedual to get tough.. For the most part Im seeing a bunch of games vs. Charlotte, NJ, Washington, Cleveland…These teams are so awful, I don’t even think the Pistons could tank if they tried.

• Apr 5, 20126:45 pm
    by Coach_Ackley

Man the more film and the more highlights I see from Arnett Moultrie the more I like this kid. He’s really not bad if the Pistons pick 8th or lower I think you have to really consider this kid and if we can get big Ben back for 1 more season as a mentor this kid can be an elite shot blocker at the NBA level and would be the perfect fit next to MOOSE……..

• Apr 9, 201311:41 pm
    by Discount Hair Chalk

In the great scheme of things you actually receive an A just for hard work. For right now I will subscribe to your point.