Rodney Stuckey out against Nuggets

Over/under: 200

Score: Nuggets win, 104-96

Read about the Nuggets

Roundball Mining Company

• Mar 21, 20128:58 pm
    by Jodi Jezz

Time to shine Gordon…Get your PPG up this game, lol..

• Mar 21, 201210:13 pm
      by Jodi Jezz

I think I just got my wish, Gordon is going off tonight!! This needs to continue for the rest of his contract…

• Mar 21, 20129:20 pm
    by gmehl

Heck i think Moose should sit this one out too. Question here is will Daye get some burn??? or will it all go to Gordon and maybe even Bynum. I wouldn’t be surprised if they unleash Knight as the SG tonight and start Bynum at PG.

• Mar 21, 20129:55 pm
    by gmehl

Is me or can anyone else see that the Nets and Raptors have started to tank there last couple of games? Both teams have had big leads late in the 3rd quarter only to get beat.

• Mar 21, 201210:01 pm
    by Daye and Knight

Gordon puttin in work tonight…25 and it’s not even the end of the half, hopefully he can play like that and be instant offense off the bench the rest of the way…or next season when it might actually matter lol

• Mar 21, 201210:14 pm
      by Chris H

Rest of the way out so we can find a sucker… I mean a team were Gordan would be the missing piece to a championship.

• Mar 21, 201210:18 pm
        by Reaction

Maybe Gordon will be a changed man (not jinxing it) He could go off for 40. Already at 27 at halftime. THIS is the Gordon I want to see.

• Mar 21, 201210:24 pm
          by Chris H

I think that this is the Gordan we thought we were going to get when we signed him to that contract.  Admittedly if he played this way all of the time he’d be worth it, but that hasn’t happened enough at this point.  Excuse me I’m having a dream moment where Stuckey has completely turned a corner, Gordan consistantly becomes that man that took the Celtics to seven games, Knight gets more consistant with his outside shot and we somehow land the big men of our dreams in the draft this year.  Now if only all that would actually happen.

• Mar 21, 201210:42 pm
          by Stuckey and whoever

He is already there…..lets see where he ends up

• Mar 21, 201210:50 pm

Can he get 60? Also, anyone notice that he has assisted about 30% of the Pistons’ baskets that he hasn’t scored himself?

• Mar 21, 201210:51 pm

also, i meant to say 50. but 60 would be crazy, and vaguely within reach.

• Mar 21, 201210:26 pm
    by gmehl

I am by no means an Daye fan but if he doesn’t see the court in this game then to me there is absolutely NO reason why he hasn’t been sent to the D-League (Mad Ants). If the Daye experiment (if you can call it that) is over then i wold try and package him with our late second rounder to see if we can get a late 1st rounder for this year. Any teams in need of an anorexic 6’11 SG/SF/PF???

• Mar 21, 201210:29 pm
    by swish22

It’s great to see Gordon playing well and kudos for the effort getting back into this game by the whole squad!  Never liked the signing and huge contract but BG has been the ultimate professional.  Never complains about pt or any injuries just tries to do his job!
    Charlie V injures his ankle while running down the court in practice.  Would someone please put me out of my misery and amnesty this guy the most overpaid player in the history of the league!  What’s he making per minute this year!    No I don’t even want to know!

• Mar 21, 201210:31 pm
    by Reaction

I don’t understand why Brandon Knight doesn’t have more assists. I’m not watching the game but usually Ben Gordon is a spot up shooter. Is Ben Gordon driving to the basket more?

• Mar 21, 201210:36 pm
    by D_S_V

We should put in Daye to join this 3 party!

• Mar 21, 201210:37 pm
    by gmehl

BG 8-8 three’s…he is en fugo (on fire)!

• Mar 21, 201210:38 pm
      by gmehl

By memory Ty Lawson holds the NBA record for most 3′s without missing 10-10 until he missed his last one while finishing 10-11.

• Mar 21, 201210:54 pm
        by Kk

It’d be very fitting for Gordon to break that record against Ty Lawson of all people

• Mar 21, 201211:17 pm
          by Stuckey and whoever

Latrell Sprewell holds the record and BG just tied it.

• Mar 21, 201210:39 pm
    by Star

40 and counting. Wow.

• Mar 21, 201210:41 pm
    by Stuckey and whoever

I think Gordon is saying start ME coach!  Are you serious with this, I know it is like a all star type game (just a long fast break).  But geese BG save some of this for the rest of the season.  Really think he never liked getting put back on the bench.  He needs to understand teams want players who score off the bench.

• Mar 21, 201210:55 pm

Come on Frank, put Gordon back in. A guy going off like this is one of the most exciting things Pistons’ fans can have in a season like this. Let him see how high a total he can ring up. It’s not like anyone really cares who wins the game.

• Mar 21, 201211:12 pm
      by swish22

I would think he needed a little longer blow than normal.  They are playing a mile high and fatigue does set in a little quicvker!

• Mar 21, 201211:29 pm

Still, you run a guy on a career night. But I was awfully disappointed by how few attempts he had in the 4th.

• Mar 21, 201211:35 pm
          by swish22

Adrenaline can sometimes carry you.  Tough loss, I’ll pin it on the lack of rebounding from guys like Prince!  If you get out rebounded by 15+ you’re not going to win very often!   PEace, out!

• Mar 22, 201212:40 am
      by frankie d

frank has no “feel” for games or players.
      he consistently sits hot guys and plays guys for god knows what reasons.
      it is why he lost so may games in a row a  at NJ..
      he doesn’t have a feel for players.
      who knows… gordon scores 60 points tonight, if he is played correctly.
      his biggest impediment was frank.  he looked fine on the bench.  he looked like he was chomping at the bit to get back in.

• Mar 22, 20121:02 am
        by RationalSportsFan

BenG played over 41 mins.  Frank played him just fine.

Seriously frankie, has Frank ever made a substitution that you were okay with?  You are always ripping his lineup choices…(I do so as well on occasion, but your consistency is shocking.)

• Mar 22, 20121:28 pm
          by frankie d

it may be a bit harsh, but last night was a game where i would have played gordon til his arm fell off.    instead of sitting him for 5 minutes at a point where the game is on the line and he is hot, take him out for a couple of minutes, let him catch his breath and get him back in.
          gordon looked like he was chomping at the bit, waiting to get back in, while bynum was out there stumbling around.
          he only had 22 shots last night, which is extremely efficient scoring.  45 points on 22 shots.  not bad.
          in a situation like that, just keep him in the game and keep feeding the beast.
          this was another one of those games where frank went to his no-offense line up – the one with ben and wilkins – and as usually happens, the team went in a scoring drought and lost the lead.
          just another example of lousy game management, imho.

• Mar 21, 201211:03 pm
    by Pistons87

For every good will Bynum play he makes 2 horrible plays. Doesn’t matter how much pt he gets. But hey, he plays hard.

• Mar 21, 201211:17 pm
    by Max

9-9!  Ties an NBA record!  I thought Gordon would be doing this kind of thing every 10-20 games for the Pistons.   It has taken a long time.

• Mar 21, 201211:29 pm
    by Stuckey and whoever

Are you serious Monroe!?!

• Mar 21, 201211:31 pm
    by Max

Another exciting loss that is good for the lottery balls but still,…………..I’m annoyed.  I guess BG figures he had played so well that he deserved to make a series of plays that coughed up the game.   I’m disgusted.

• Mar 22, 20124:33 am
      by gmehl

@Max
      I think BG wanted the game to go into OT so he fouled Afflalo. The only problem is he didn’t bank on Afflalo missing the and one and McGee getting the put back for the win. Nah i don’t know if that’s really true but i guess you never know these days.

• Mar 22, 20125:10 pm
        by Max

I don’t buy that at all.  Gordon was exhausted and the game was in Denver.   He fouled him because he was lazy and stupid.

• Mar 21, 201211:31 pm

If only Afflalo had hit his FT, this coulda been an OT game. Then BG may have gotten 10-10 and 50 pts. Oh well, entertaining game nonetheless. And Pistons won the ping pong balls.

• Mar 21, 201211:32 pm
    by RationalSportsFan

I am just gonna say “PING PONG BALLS” and pretend that I am happy with the end of that game

• Mar 21, 201211:34 pm
    by Pistons87

Unbelievable. I’ve watched a lot of NBA games over the past 20+ years and don’t think I’ve ever seen us lose on two dumber plays to end a game. As good as gordon was tonight that foul on afflalo ruined it all. And twice on this road trip Monroe gave up a huge Offensive rebound by failing to block out properly that sent the game in la to OT and lost us this one.

• Mar 22, 20125:12 pm
      by Max

I can relate but I felt like there were more than two bonehead plays down the stretch and most of them were on Gordon.

• Mar 21, 201211:50 pm
    by Jodi Jezz

Dammit Monroe! Don’t make me start a “trade Monroe for Cousins rant”!