Kobe mask vs. Pistons

• Andrew Bynum

Las Vegas projection

Spread: Pistons +5.5

Over/under: 186.5

Score: Lakers win, 96-90.5

Read about the Lakers

Forum Blue & Gold (preview)

• Mar 6, 20128:09 pm
    by Max

Brandon Knight with the frustrated towel smack to end the first quarter.

• Mar 6, 20128:09 pm
    by frankie d

this game is the perfect indication of why the pistons need more size. and it gives a good example of what the pistons could do if they paired a big man who can catch the ball with monroe.
    lots of bynum’s offense comes from just being able to go get a pass, near the rim.  put a big guy who can do that with monroe, and detroit would be able to do lots of the same stuff.
    it makes offense a heckuva lot simpler.

• Mar 6, 20129:15 pm
      by gmehl

Monroe 1-10 from the field. He must really want that big guy next to him as much as you Frankie

• Mar 6, 20128:18 pm
    by apa8ren9

I absolutely hate it when the Pistons play the Lakers at the Palace.  All of the turncoat, front running, non basketball IQ wanna be fans come out in their Kobe jerseys.  It just turns my stomach.  Did I mention that I hate the Lakers as well?

• Mar 6, 20129:22 pm

Oh, it’s the worst. If he hears MVP chants in the Palace again, I will lose it. Thankfully, he’s playing terrible so hopefully we’ll be spared that.

• Mar 6, 20128:33 pm
    by Max

The Pistons take a 42-41 lead on the Lakers in the 2nd quarter and the PA plays Aretha Franklin’s “Respect” during the timeout.   Hilarious.

• Mar 6, 20129:23 pm

I love that Bynum/Gasol are shooting damn near 70 percent and Bryant has taken almost as many shots as those two combined (6-for-19 as of now).

• Mar 6, 201210:05 pm
    by RationalSportsFan

Greg Monroe and Brandon Knight riding the pine in the 4th and OT tonight is absolutely inexcusable.  They are our future and need the minutes in tight games like this.
    If I am a solid GM (i.e. NOT Joe Dumars) I get all over Frank for this.  Playing Prince, Max, Wallace, and Gordon does NOTHING for the team long-term.  Let Greg and Brandon play thru their bad nights and grow in the process.

• Mar 6, 201210:08 pm
      by Stuckey and whoever

They are playing like crap.  Tough love so suck it up, thats how you learn.

• Mar 6, 201210:12 pm

I would rather have young guys learn that if you play like garbage, you won’t win games. Knight and Monroe both get huge minutes. I have no issue whatsoever with them sitting in this game when both clearly played horribly.

• Mar 6, 201210:23 pm
        by Stuckey and whoever

They do get huge minutes and this has only happened a few times all season if my memory is correct.  I don’t have a problem especially when it turns into a Win over the Lakers.  Monroe did get rebounds though.

• Mar 6, 201210:16 pm
    by Max

You nuts, Hater.  Dr. Frankenstein brewed a monster.   Everybody have Stuckey Slappie Love tonight!

• Mar 6, 201210:19 pm

Exactly. That kind of effort every night from Rodney Stuckey and he’s the near-max contract player he wants to be. That’s all that is missing for him. He has the ability to have this kind of impact on games regularly.

• Mar 6, 201210:26 pm
        by Stuckey and whoever

Huge fan of stuck, don’t know if he can shoot like that every game.  But he should be around 20 or above a game.  Broke Kobes Ankles!!!

• Mar 6, 201210:33 pm

I don’t expect 34 points from him every night, I would just love to see him play with that kind of effort every night. He consistently puts in the effort, and good things will happen for him.

• Mar 6, 201210:41 pm
            by Max

Yes.  Like when he took the charge on Gasol.   Everyone needs to contribute down low when they are facing two seven footers.  I can’t believe they won with the way Gasol and Bynum were passing each other the ball.  I think I’ll have to rewatch that game on broadband.

• Mar 6, 201211:18 pm
      by Daye and Knight

Hell ya max we the original slappies lmao we’ll have to make room for more since I’m sure more want to join now