Joe Dumars: Greg Monroe and Brandon Knight ‘are cut from the same cloth’

Via Keith Langlois of Pistons.com:

“They are cut from the same cloth,” Dumars said this week. “As I always say, just some Southern, humble, hard-working guys that are going to make you proud. They’re going to make the Pistons proud. They’re going to make Pistons fans proud. People here in Michigan are going to be proud. As these young guys grow – and I think time will tell – but I think what you’re seeing right now is going to continue with those two guys. I have no doubt about that.”

You can question plenty about where the Pistons are going, but I think it’s safe to say they have two potential All-Stars with good attitudes.

• Jan 18, 20121:56 pm
    by apa8ren9

Dan, I see what you did there.   I love how you posted something positive from Joe D.   Its like blood in the water to sharks.   Let the Joe D carnage begin! LOL

• Jan 18, 20121:57 pm
    by Tiko

Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, Thomas Robinson, Kidd-Gilchrest, and Harrison Barnes are also cut from the same cloth as Knight and Monroe.  Lets pray for a top 3 pick

• Jan 18, 20122:22 pm
      by Shane

I want top 2 :) Drummond or Davis

• Jan 18, 20122:51 pm
      by neutes

I don’t think prayers are going to be necessary

• Jan 18, 20123:05 pm
        by Tiko

with the dirty, sneaky, slimy david stern running the show, I’m praying the Pistons don’t get screwed

• Jan 18, 20122:22 pm
    by Steve K

Knight is a potential All-star like Dan Feldman and Patrick Hayes are potential All-stars.
    In life, anything truly is possible.

• Jan 18, 20123:03 pm
    by neutes

Only thing to add is apparently being high character does not necessarily make you a good player, because Jeff Green sucks, or sucked, and with luck can suck more in the future. Hopefully Knight is more Monroe than Green.

• Jan 18, 20123:42 pm
    by Stephen

Now can you get a great tailor?

• Jan 18, 20124:26 pm
    by qm22

Greg Monroe is almost an all-star now, going by stats at his position/conference. Knight has a long way to go to make that projection. It wouldn’t be a shock if he was but it would be fairly surprising. He still isn’t a great starter, which itself is far from all star level.
    Quite agree with Neutes that “good character” does not make you a good player, and evaluating players’ work ethic and character is a pretty poorly informed, subjective area. (It comes to mind how many people believe that Kobe is far and away the hardest working player in the league because there is a press statement every time he takes extra shots). Personally I feel you can best tell if someone works hard if they are producing on the court, with few exceptions.

• Jan 18, 20126:10 pm
    by Mr.Blockedshot

Wow! Mr Dumars, please, get more of that cloth and start cutting once and for all. We need some more pieces so bad

• Jan 18, 20127:23 pm
    by Max

Jeff Green was having a great career so far.  What a silly thing to say.

• Jan 19, 20129:01 am
      by neutes

Yes because every team needs a 14/5 on 44.5% shooting with bad defense forward.

• Jan 18, 20127:24 pm
    by Max

Knight has long way to go to be as good as Green was in Okl.