Rodney Stuckey reportedly turns down five year/$40-$45 million offer from Pistons

Chad Ford of ESPN reports that the negotiations between Rodney Stuckey and the Pistons continue to not go so well:

Stuckey, the Pistons’ top free agent this offseason, is balking at what the Pistons are prepared to pay him. The Pistons have discussed a deal that would pay Stuckey between $40 million and $45 million over five years, according to sources.

By comparison, Mike Conley agreed to a five-year, $40 million extension with the Memphis Grizzlies in November.

Stuckey’s representatives, seeking an even bigger deal, have been contacting other teams the past few days, looking to broker a sign-and-trade deal. However, the Pistons are telling teams that they won’t agree to a sign-and-trade for Stuckey, sources said.

As Matt Watson put it, “This is my nightmare.” I truly hope the Pistons don’t go higher than that offer. Stuckey’s options right now are really limited. He can try and get an offer sheet for more than that from another team, something I think is highly unlikely to happen. Or, as Ford reports his representatives are threatening to do, he could accept the Pistons’ one-year qualifying offer and then become an unrestricted free agent next season.

I’ve thought all along that the qualifying offer would be Stuckey’s choice, even if it is a gamble. If Stuckey signed a long-term deal for about $8 million per year, I wouldn’t be shocked by him seriously out-performing that contract. I also wouldn’t bet against him severely under-performing it. If he comes back motivated in a contract year on a one-year deal, it’s possible he could net himself an even bigger offer as an unrestricted free agent next season. Of course, it’s also a major risk because if he gets hurt or has a poor season, money and security at the level the Pistons are reportedly offering right now won’t be there next year.

• Dec 14, 201111:48 am
    by Gregoire

Ridiculous…such an arrogant Kid…I think the 8 Mio / Year is the Maximum he should get, considering he doesn´t even has 3-Point range…as a Guard, and doesn´t respect his Coach, no matter who this Coach was this is a NoGO…Sign and Trade him for some Pics and go and get two young Prospects in next Years Draft but don´t give him more than 8 Mio / Year and certainly not 5 Years, save this for Monroe…Plus, with Gordon, Knight, Daye and Bynum the Pistons still have a good Backcourt, Stuckey hab his Chance now give it to Bynum who for me is the better Point-Guard!

• Dec 14, 201111:48 am
    by Coach_Ackley

And this is why I’ve said to trade him.. With him rejecting the offer whats not to say he causes more trouble to this team cuz he didn’t get the offer that he wanted.. I say if another team wants him then trade him for a big man…. At this piont I’d take Kaman for Stuckey or another decent Big just to get his ass outta here…..

• Dec 14, 201111:51 am
    by Gregoire

Not Kaman, he´s not Athletic and wouldn´t fit next to Monroe, what about Dalembert?

• Dec 14, 201111:57 am
    by Scott

Great!! Only 1 more year of Skunkeys whining and complaining. Besides, everyone knows that Knight is our REAL point gaurd of the future.

• Dec 14, 201112:03 pm
      by Steve K

It’s a bit early to christen Knight as the real point guard of the future. Nobody’s seen him play yet in the NBA. He’s the youngest player in the league. I dig his smarts, but that doesn’t always translate to ability. The love of Knight is reminiscent of Lion fans pining for the backup QB.

Still, I’m THRILLED Stuckey turned down that offer. My only hope is that the Pistons don’t offer him anything more. That $8M/year seemed too much, just like it was for Conley. Stuckey does many things well, but he has one massive weakness (and I’m not talking about jump-shot) — Stuckey simply does not make his teammates better. That’s the main job of the point guard.

In fact, he has more a tendency to drag others down.

• Dec 14, 201112:05 pm
    by Coach_Ackley

Dalembert would be a really good fit.. If we do a S&T with another team we have to get a big back in return or draft picks so we can load up on this talented draft…. there is plenty of Athletic Power-Forwards in this draft that could be had that would fit really nice beside Monroe…..

• Dec 14, 201112:07 pm
    by detroitpcb

as Joe said, it is Rodney’s first negociation. He undoubtably sees himself as worth more than Conley, and he should. But the Pistons should not offer a penny more than 8 million a year. I actually would like Stuck back on a one year deal. We would see what he is made of – if he puts winning and the team first or if he puts his own stats first. That would answer a lot of questions about whether Stuck would be worth signing to a higher contract next year

• Dec 14, 20114:49 pm
      by Flip

He’s not even worth $8 mil/yr imo.

The problem is Joe just gave Tay $7 mil, so he’s almost forced to give Stuckey at least 1 mil more.

The fact that Joe is offering $9 mil/yr and Stuckey is still turning it down, tells me its not about the money. He just doesnt want to play here anymore.

And that’s the answer to all Joe’s problems. If you have a guy who doesnt want to play here, why are tryinhg to force him into a long-term contract, AT ANY PRICE?!

WAKE UP JOE, your son Rodney wants to move out of the house on his own. TRADE HIM

Sign Williams and forget about Stuckey. I think Williams is a better SG anyways.

• Dec 14, 201112:19 pm
    by Jodi Jezz

Dammit Dumars!!! Give Stuckey a 5yr/50mil deal and let get this kid ready to play SG next to Knight…

• Dec 14, 201112:23 pm
      by Coach_Ackley

Jezz for 10 Mill a year no way in hell do you pay him that…. Stuckey still hasen’t proved much.. He has gotten better every year but still not worth that price…….

• Dec 14, 20111:00 pm
        by Jodi Jezz

OK, starting at 9mil a year…I would put Stuckey a tier below Ellis(11mil) or Ray Allen(10mil)…I think starting at 9mil a year and the contract being worth 50mil is a decent contract for a talent like Stuckey…Look how much we paid Gordon

• Dec 14, 20111:07 pm
          by bball4224

Wow what a major slap in the face to Ray Ray and Monta. He is nowhere near either of them and never will be.

• Dec 14, 20111:18 pm
        by Sebastian

Coach Ackley, I’m with Jodi Jezz … offer the kid $10 million over 4. Hell it is essentially the same deal, but it gives him the opportunity to negotiate for a new contract at the age of 29.
        Yes, WE do need a big, but not at the risk of losing Stuckey, No way in h-e-double hockey sticks can WE put Knight out there by himself.
        I hear you’ll saying: “what about Will B.”. Truth be told, Will B. is not the immediate guy that WE will want to turn to, if Knight can’t hold it down and believe me the kid, although I would like it very much if he becomes the next “Zeke”, will be placed at a serious disadvantage without Stuckey.
        I don’t believe that some of you guys know how great it would be to have Knight at the Point, Stuckey at the two, and Ben G. bringing heat off of the bench.
        Stuckey’s value has yet to be realized!

• Dec 14, 20117:18 pm
      by Jason

You seem to be forgetting we already have an extremely OVERPAID SG on the roster!!! Let this FOOL find a new home! We need a big to play big minutes along side Monroe, who will stay healthy…. Dalembert is the ONLY option we should be pursuing.. Guys has only missed a handful of games the last 5 seasons, more importantly – is about as good at rebounding as anyone in the league.

• Dec 14, 201112:25 pm
    by jj

Someone from ESPN just tweeted that Stuck had a much higher PER last year than Conley, which is true though his numbers were wrong (should be Stuck at 18.4 v Conley’s 15.9). But the previous three seasons, Stuck had PERs averaging out to less than 15, and true shooting percentages below .500, which would indicate he’s a below-average player. So it comes down to whether or not you think last year was contract-year magic or whether Stuck has turned a corner and is ready to be a consistent 18-20 PER guy. The latter is the only way he’s worth $9m per year–and there’s almost no conceivable way he’s worth more, right?

• Dec 14, 201112:31 pm
    by frankie d

stuckey obviously wants out.
    whether that is smart of not smart is arguable, but everything he has done the last year or so says, get me out of here.
    i’m sure he has not appreciated the chaos that has surrounded him, and i’m sure he looks at the madness concerning the backcourt – beginning with AI, through the rip buyout, including the drafting of another combo guard (knight) and he probably wants to get out before his career takes a path similar to gordon’s and rip’s.  those guys saw their reputations plunge because of simple mismanagement by dumars.  stuckey is entering the prime of his career.  the last thing he wants is to be buried in a confusing rotation with knight and gordon and bynum and maybe daye and maybe even reggie williams or willie green.
    and i’m sure he sees knight’s drafting as a sign that dumars has a younger, more attractive prospect to spoil.  knight is like that pretty new girl in school that makes everybody forget about the girls that have been around for a longer time.  stuckey doesn’t seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but this is pretty easy to see.3WH3
    imho, he’ll probably sign the qualifying offer and leave as an unrestricted free agent.  unless, frank is able to straighten out dumars’ mess and turn the team around.

• Dec 14, 20111:29 pm
      by D_S_V

If I were Stuckey… I’d want out too. Fresh start. New team. Of course money plays a role here (without a qualifier from another team, the Pistons are offering him the most at this particular moment); but aside from that, Stuckey seems to be confident in his abilities, and what indication has Detroit given in these past few years that the situation here will ever be ideal to maximize his talent? I’m not saying Stuckey hasn’t had opportunities, but the Pistons have been a mess for most of his significant career and if I were him… I’d jump at the opportunity for a fresh start elsewhere. At the moment, it looks like he’s just… stuck… here. Hahahaha.

• Dec 14, 201112:56 pm
    by rocky

just get him the hell out of here, please!

• Dec 14, 20111:11 pm
      by bball4224

Exactly. I wouldn’t even offer him $% mil a year and he thinks that he’s worth more than that?! Sign and trade him for a pick or some garbage because I don’t think anyone else really wants him either.

• Dec 14, 20111:25 pm
    by Eric

As a Piston fan, i DO NOT WANT to see stuckey anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I especially DO NOT WANT to see him long-term!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dec 14, 20111:32 pm
    by bnut

no three point range, no elevation at point of finishing at the rim, no consitant jumper, whinner.  this is what we want a shooting guard for 8-9 mil.  come on joe.  one year tender trade him during the season to a team looking for a last chance hope!

• Dec 14, 20112:50 pm
      by Max

He defends LeBum better than anyone on the team.  He doesn’t turn the ball over.  Players can’t stop him fro going to the rim.  His size makes him unconventional.

• Dec 14, 20113:14 pm

You’re right. His size makes him unconventional. But his production makes him average.

• Dec 14, 20113:51 pm
          by rick77

So why don’t you go try out and show us what you got. You and Stuck one  on one. Cmon for charity, then tell us what he is worth. Seems you have a bigger platform than most so I would like to see physical evidence that Stuck can’t make the cut. Production on a team that has won less than what almost a 100 games in three seasons. You all hate Hamilton for hitting his avg on a suckey team but this guy has avg stats on a team with below avg personel with the exception of Monroe(Big men who can put it in thehoop) what do you expect. He probably could ball hog and go all Jerry Stachouse but what would that get us? I mean let the man play and if the market commands he gets his money why do any of us care what Gores pays him? It is not Dumars signing checks. Forreal he is not better than Mo Williams? Can Moe create off the dribble?  I

• Dec 14, 20114:04 pm

“So why don’t you go try out and show us what you got.”

This is stupid argument. I never said Rodney Stuckey is bad at basketball. Far from it. But compared to other NBA players, Rodney Stuckey is about average.

“Seems you have a bigger platform than most so I would like to see physical evidence that Stuck can’t make the cut.”

Make what cut? I have no idea what you are trying to say. Stuckey is a solid NBA player who is probably not a good investment at $8 million or more per season for a team that is rebuilding and has depth at the positions he plays.

“I mean let the man play and if the market commands he gets his money why do any of us care what Gores pays him?”

Smart fans of any team care what players are paid because, theoretically, they’d like their team to get better. Paying Stuckey this amount when there are other comparable guards on the roster gives the team another huge financial investment and limits future flexibility to pay other, perhaps better, players at positions of need.

“Forreal he is not better than Mo Williams? Can Moe create off the dribble?”

What does Mo Williams have to do with anything? Because a team overpaid for Williams’ limited skillset once means the Pistons should overpay for Stuckey’s limited skillset?

• Dec 14, 20115:56 pm
          by rick77

Wow did not know that we were having a pissing contest and you just got all out of sorts and pissy cause I was trying to lighten the modd. Did I call you stupid ?You can disagree but dont disrespect me if I have not done it to you. I respect this forum but dont’  disrespect me on a personal level. My intent was not to make you go all HAM to prove your point. I was jokingly saying based on your platform you would have more evidence to support the claim other than he is just average.

Why is he average? Is it because he has played for four coaches? Could that be the case? I remember when we let Bonzi Wells get away and every year after he started to get it, Joe tried his best to get him back only to lose out. I am not saying Stuckey is Joe or Chauncey, but with a relatively unknown backcourt, Stcukey would be the one constant. His numbers are better than Gordons and that man gets 11million based off a great playoff series in Chicage against Boston. Forget that Chicago was a team that was running, dude was lights out and he gets almost 60million for a series and everyone says get rid of Stcukey, why because we have Gordon. Raise your hands if can count the other teams bidding for his services the same year we got him. Our syttem does not fit either players talents because no one even knows Detroit’s style of play. Stuckey could be a great player if we had a running team as well as Gordon. People do not know whether they could run a offense because we do not have any bigs that command double teams or consistently put it in the hoop. If we could answer that then maybe we could have a true discussion. I do not see where we have a guy down low putting up consistent double doubles. If we had that guy and Stuckey was screwing up then yeah I say get rid of him, but we don’t. Im also sorry to say everyone is in for a rude awakening if they think Frank,Knight,Jerebko,Daye,Monroe,and company is making any noise anyyime soon.. HELL the Lions will win a playoff game or two before that happens with the way the EC is construucted.

• Dec 14, 20118:39 pm
            by D_S_V

Also we can’t forget that Rodney is a “team-first” kind of guy. By not signing that absurdly high contract (and hopefully signing the qualifying offer and giving him more trade value than we could’ve hoped for) he put the Pistons first.

• Dec 14, 20119:38 pm

Wasn’t calling you stupid at all, just the argument you were making.

I honestly don’t disagree that Stuckey still has major upside and could turn into a player worth even more than the contract the Pistons offered. I don’t fault him for trying to get as much money as he can either, that’s totally his right.

But I do think it’s a bad deal for the Pistons. Despite whatever upside he still has, he has been in the league four years and been an average NBA player. Average NBA player is still pretty good, it’s just not worth $9 million a year. The Pistons are tied up with so much money invested into limited players like Gordon, Villanueva, Prince and Maxiell that I think it would be foolish to invest that much in Stuckey at this point. It would further kill any future financial flexibility they might have.

• Dec 14, 20111:42 pm
    by Ldre

Everyone is so under-appreciate of stuckey’s value. I don’t know where it comes from, hes obviously been struggling from playing in the wrong scheme, he needs an up-tempo offense. look at the last 5 games last year, kuester finally decides to experiment with an up-tempo offense, and stuckey averages 25 points 9 assist. cmon now

• Dec 14, 20111:58 pm
      by Steve K

Why do Piston fans not appreciate Stuckey?

He was given the reins to the franchise and proceeded to fight with the coach, refuse to enter a game, skip shootarounds, and, in general, be a malcontent.

And that’s all off-the-court. ON-the-court, he’s been nothing more than decent. He doesn’t turn it over, but he also does little to improve those around him. He inspires NOTHING.

He may be a future All-star, but he’s more likely a future Lindsey Hunter. Oh wait, at least Hunter could shoot a 3.

• Dec 14, 20112:15 pm
        by Ldre

blame all that on Dumars for hire a bullshit coach who didnt earn or command respect of his team.

and also on the court he is a 6’5 gaurd, which is rare, and one of the best defensive gaurds in the league.

• Dec 14, 20113:54 pm
        by rick77

Thta’s what he signed Gordon and Daye for.  Kill me with that he can’t hit a three crap. Is that the totality of his game? Hitting a da@# three point shot!

• Dec 14, 20111:57 pm
    by Jakob Eich

I think under the new CBA Stuckey is worth no more than $7 mio a year max! I think he doesn’t play better than Mike Conley, nor will he. He is an excellent scorer, but apart from that. I’d be fine with a backcourt consisting of Knight and Bynum. Of course it’s a risk to trust Knight, but honestly, Stuckey has been a disappointment ever since the Billups trade. He never took responsibility for his bad play. I know he works hard and all, but when it comes to taking the blame he never mentions his name. After all, he’s been the arguably best player on one of the most dysfunctionate teams in the league!

• Dec 14, 20112:54 pm
      by Max

But he was a 15th pick who looked better with more stability around him as a rookie.  Since them, the chaos in general, the mixed messages about his role and the fact that he should not be the best player on a team has made him look bad.  The question is whether he can be a great 3rd or 4th option.  If so, sign him to 50 mill just to get it done.  Monroe is already better than him and won’t make much money for a few. which gives them the flexibility to overspend on Stuckey.

• Dec 14, 20115:06 pm
        by Jakob Eich

But 50 mil for a third or fourth option? I dont know, simply sounds too much for me. 40 mil is reasonable in my opinion, it would increase his trade value as well. We have to think of the future and I don’t think Stuckey should be a part of it. I would love for him to become the player he could be; I’d be more than happy happy about that. Let’s see what happens!

• Dec 14, 20111:59 pm

They offered Stuckey $8-9M/yr? I do not approve. He should be getting a contract in the $5-7M/yr range. Thankfully, he turned it down. I hope Dumars doesn’t go any higher and I can’t imagine another team offering more so the QO looks highly probable. That’s not so bad. It makes Stuckey a very tradeable and desirable asset. Hopefully Dumars wakes up and realizes this and flips him for something decent (maybe a pick in the 10-20 range).

• Dec 14, 20112:02 pm
    by apa8ren9

I like Stuckey, but this is just confounding.  Look around the league.  I know he thinks he is better than those other players but the Pistons have always paid market value. This year his market value is 8-9 million.  He is not the top free agent.  He is not an all-star and he hasn’t won anything.  I don’t know what he is after.  But I have an idea of who to trade for.  The only person I can see that will fit what we are trying to do is a S&T for Andray Blatche out of Washington.  Trade one head case for another.  He has skills and maybe needs a change of scenery too.  He is still young.  This is only hypothetical.  I would like to see the Pistons work it out with Stuckey because I like him.

• Dec 14, 20112:56 pm
      by Max

He is and was the top PG on the market this summer and was listed as such on a Hoopshype article last week.

• Dec 14, 20114:59 pm
        by apa8ren9

I hear you, but he is restricted and that limits his market value.  So the market says 8-9 million tops.  If he was unrestricted then he would have a case.  Under these circumstances the money isnt there for him.

• Dec 14, 20112:34 pm
    by Tiko

Nothing about Stuckey tells me wants to be a winner.  everything about him screams selfish piece of sh*t.  trade his ass or let him walk.  we dont need his kind on this young team.  Dumars should know better

• Dec 14, 20112:43 pm
    by Youssif

Try to land a big man in a sign and trade, or hope he plays out his contract year to a level that boosts his trade value before the trade deadline. Then trade him for a big man. I wish the world works the way it does in Stuckey’s mind; we’d probably be able to land a guy like Brook Lopez or Andrew Bogut.

Alas, we live in the real world. How about Roy Hibbert? Paul Millsap? Taj Gibson? Al Jefferson (looong shot)? I know this won’t be popular, but eff it: Michael Beasley.

• Dec 14, 20113:28 pm
      by Steve K

I’m thinking the only big man we get in a sign-and-trade for Stuckey would be one with a bad contract (like Biedrins).

• Dec 14, 20113:34 pm
        by Sebastian

Biedrins, heck no! And, besides the Warriors already have two dynamic guards (Curry and Ellis).
        Stuckey needs to stop listening to his dam(n) agent and sign the dam(n) offer; or either just tell Joe the truth: that he doesn’t want to be a Piston anymore.

• Dec 14, 20114:35 pm
          by Steve K

For the record, I was using Biedrins as an example of a big man with a bad contract. I’m in no way saying it would be a good deal for the Pistons.

I AM saying that he’s about all you could expect to get in return for Stuckey – a largely average guard. You’re not getting any big man of quality.

• Dec 14, 20113:49 pm

That’s absurd. Stuckey doesn’t have a contract. So, by definition, he is a better asset than a bad contract (because those are negative assets). Better to let him leave for nothing than to take back a bad deal. But assuming Dumars behaves wisely (I know that’s a huge assumption), he will go elsewhere on a bad deal, stay in Detroit on a good deal that’s been matched, or stay in Detroit on a QO. I guess I’m ruling out retirement or going overseas. In either of the cases that he stays in Detroit, Stuckey is a positive asset that can be flipped for some value (i.e. not a bad contract).

• Dec 14, 20112:45 pm
    by Shane

One option we could do is trade Stuckey for a 1st round pick and possibly a 2nd round pick from LA(Since they now have 2 1st round picks) and then have LA Package Gasol and Stuckey to the Hornets for Chris Paul.. they could get another team into this deal with Houston (maybe) But it works out since the Hornets want a star player(Gasol) and a young talent(or so he could be called) Stuckey

• Dec 14, 20112:59 pm
      by Max

The Hornets actually don’t want Gasol.  Maybe the Pistons should try to get in the talks to land him.  Pau and Monroe and we’d be in business.

• Dec 14, 20112:56 pm
    by neutes

Can we just not sign anyone? I really want to suck hard core this season and sit back and watch Knight, Jerebko, and Monroe grow, then draft another to add to the stockpile. Oh well let’s just destroy our flexibility for 4-5 more years in an effort to eclipse that elusive 30 win plateau, only to never catch a glimpse of 40. I love watching the same washed up overpaid players year after year. It’s so much fun.

• Dec 14, 20113:10 pm
      by Tiko

this this this… did i mention, this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Dec 14, 20113:16 pm
    by Murph

It looks as if Stuckey doesn’t want to play in Detroit at all.  The money isn’t the issue, because the Pistons are the only team making an offer, and a generous one at that.  I’d guess he wants the $40-$45 million for 5 years, and wants to play for another team.

I say dump him in a sign and trade for an expiring contract and a 1st rounder…that is if any other team wants him.

I’d trade Stuckey to Portland for Camby’s expiring contact and a 1st rounder.  Stuckey could replace Roy in Portland.

• Dec 14, 20113:18 pm

One of the several problems with doing a sign and trade is actually finding a team who wants Stuckey at that price. The fact is, he has no other offers right now, which makes the Pistons’ offer all the more insane, since they are essentially bidding against no one.

• Dec 14, 20115:16 pm
      by Jakob Eich

I agree, the offer is wayyyyy too high! Dumars needs to stop overpaying players. Money alone shouldn’t lure the players to stay, I know we need a scorer, but it’s just insane. We should now completely rebuild, and Stuckey symbolizes the turn from championship contender to losing team. I know it’s not his fault, but his mentality does not seem to fit the squad.

• Dec 14, 20113:24 pm
    by vic

the bad attitude is a negative.
    He doesn’t have the leverage or production or demand, to warrant more than 7m a year, let alone $10m+.

He can’t shoot long range, or finish well, or shoot a mid range jumper, or oil the offense with assists- or do anything “consistently” except get into the paint by dribbling.
    Obviously he either just wants to leave, or he overvalues his potential way too much.

At this point, let’s sign & trade him for a big and an extra 1st round draft pick.
    Do the Kings need an SG? – get Dalembert and a draft pick.
    Does Utah need a backup PG? – Get Al Jefferson and a Draft pick.

Does that work?

• Dec 14, 20115:14 pm
      by Jakob Eich

Kings: I think Evans and Stuckey would be a bad backcourt, both need the ball to create. Also, Cousins is a big man who needs the ball a lot too. It wouldn’t work out having all the ball hogs.
      Jazz: They have Jamaal Tinsley and Earl Watson as back-ups, both of them aren’t bad. The Jazz wouldn’t part with Jefferson, they are rather thin up front. Okur is strongly declining, and the rest is not really mentionable. He might fit in as an SG though.

• Dec 14, 20119:59 pm
        by gmehl1977

The Jazz aren’t thin up front they have Favors, Millsap, Kanter, Jefferson and Okur. They were rumored to be shopping Jefferson a couple of weeks ago. Fesenko is a FA so he could maybe be had for cheap.

• Dec 15, 20112:08 pm
          by Jakob Eich

Forgot about Kanter, my bad!

• Dec 14, 20114:19 pm
    by Sebastian

I hoping that Stuckey’s girlfriend/wife will talk some sense into his head. Take the offer Stuckey!!!

• Dec 14, 20115:25 pm
      by Flip

hey Sebastian, its Flip from the detnews forums. It got taken down and a lot of us are posting over at a new forum now. If you want the link just send me an email/ fliptso322@gmail.com

• Dec 14, 20114:50 pm
    by Flip

Get lost Stuckey!

• Dec 14, 20115:32 pm
    by Laser

Ugh. Dumars hasn’t done anything but compound his problems since he drafted this no good punk. On one hand it’s probably a good thing that he didn’t want to sign this rich contract he didn’t earn and we’d probably regret forever, but the next step is to trade this motherf***er asap on his qualifying offer while he’s got loads of value. Given Dumars’s track record, he probably stays the course and hopes to sign Stuckey next year. Bit that’s just because Joe’s a stubborn nitwit who hasn’t had a good idea in seven years. The writing is on the wall, and all that’s left to salvage from the team’s heyday is whatever trade value we can get from Tay and Stuck. Please Lord Jesus open Joe’s eyes and let’s turn this bullshit franchise around already. We don’t deserve this misery. Amen.

• Dec 14, 20117:50 pm
    by Scott

Criticize these ideas if you wish, but their just some thoughts on what to do with Skunkey and his 3.87 qualifying salary this year. Perhaps trade him……

1) to Minnesota for Anthony Randolph & Wayne Ellington
    2) to Memphis for Darrell Arthur & Xavier Henry
    3) to Oklahoma City for Cole Aldrich & Eric Maynor

These don’t sound too crazy do they?

• Dec 14, 20118:49 pm
      by gmehl1977

I think Stuckey is as good as gone and i am not sad about it one bit as long as we can get something out of it. I would prefer it be a 1st rounder but if that fails then an athletic big and a second rounder will do it too. Dalembert would be a great fit but as mentioned above the Kings don’t need him because they Evans. I would be happy with Camby and a 1st rounder and i do remember Stuckey on that so called twitter account say that he would be happy in Portland. Heck i would take Wes Matthews and a second rounder.

• Dec 14, 201110:27 pm
        by Youssif

Honestly? I would not mind landing Camby for Stuckey. He fits what Detroit Basketball should be about and has an expiring contract. If I’m Dumars (and I’m not), I take a risk on a head case like Anthony Randolph (like your idea) or Michael Beasley and see what I can get out of him.

You know what would be funny? A sign and trade for Darko, with a few other guys thrown in to make the contracts work. Let’s just do it for comedy’s sake. It wouldn’t be nearly as bad as the BG or CV signings.

• Dec 15, 20118:39 am
          by Steve K

^^^   LOVE IT!!!  ^^^

• Dec 14, 201110:32 pm
    by Mike

They need to sign Stuck and buy out BG contract next year.  I think him and Knight will be one of the best guard combos in the league.  Stucky is at least as good as Conely and has more potential.  Stuckey will get better at shooting the three, and improve the assist totals.  Where is Mike Conely going to improve???  Where is BG going to improve????  There is a lot of over paid people in this league and if you say Stuckey will be over paid, well he has the best numbers for a player who is over paid to me.  STOP THE STUCKEY HATE and get some Basketball IQ.

• Dec 15, 20114:15 am
      by Laser

Zero people who read what you wrote here will get the impression that you’re particularly smart. I’ll leave it at that because I’m tired.

• Dec 14, 201110:40 pm
    by Mike

Stuckey for Camby would be the worst trade I have heard of, sorry guy.

• Dec 15, 201112:01 am
      by gmehl1977

I said Camby and a 1st round pick Mike. There is a big difference. That pick could turn into Drummond, Sullinger, Barnes, or Jones. I don’t think Portland would do it as they are not making the playoffs this season.

• Dec 15, 20118:46 am
        by Steve K

I honestly don’t think Stuckey for Camby would be that awful, even without the pick. Camby, even at age 52, offers the tangible big man stats the Pistons so desperately need — rebounding, defense, blocks. If Joe’s goal is to win now, which, according to the incredibly bloated contract offer to Stuckey, I have to assume it is, a healthy Camby gives the Pistons a better chance to cross the 40-win threshold.

The dropoff from Stuckey to Bynum is negligible compared to the dropoff from Camby to whoever the Pistons are gonna trot out next to Monroe.

Furthermore, Camby’s salary comes off the books after this season. Yay!

• Dec 15, 20111:28 pm
          by Laser

What the Pistons “need” is a relative concept these days. If they could get Camby’s tangible big man stats out of a young building block, they should jump at it. But a few statistical bumps from a player in the twilight of his career probably only sets the team back by giving us a handful of extra wins; not enough to make the playoffs, but enough to cost us a few lottery balls. This Joe Dumars mentality that “more wins = better” is the surest way to keep this team horrendous forever.

• Dec 15, 20111:20 pm
    by domnick

I wanna ask a question…

Can we trade Stuckey for Rondo…. then add maxiel?…
    I hope this works.. Rondo will make our team better..

• Dec 15, 20119:15 pm
      by Scott

Simply put, that trade would never work. Just leave it at that.

• Dec 15, 20115:19 pm
    by Theron

Stuckey, 15 5 5 Playing with terrible coaching and playing out of position.
    Not to mention the only Guard on the team that plays any type of defense.

As i always say, People hate Stuckey purely based off of Billups being Shipped out.

• Dec 19, 201112:01 am
    by 2Tough

Funny how that twitter account is gone now.  Looks like my beliefs that it wasn’t real have been confirmed.

• Jun 29, 20135:51 am
    by jessica

u guys need to leave him alone. he is a good player and no matter what is said about him on why he didn’t take the deal or anything else…EVERYONE IN WASHINGTON STATE is behind him 100%!