Adrian Wojnarowski on Kyle Singler: ‘There isn’t a young player who used lockout better to his advantage’

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports:

There isn’t a young player who used lockout better to his advantage than Detroit rookie Kyle Singler, who has been fantastic in Spain.

I love to read that about Kyle Singler, especially given my skepticism when the Pistons drafted him.

• Nov 27, 20115:00 pm
    by detroitpcb

Singler is going to be a nice NBA player for 10 years if he stays injury free.

• Nov 27, 20118:49 pm
    by Saul

Agreed, he’ll be a glue guy for years and a valuable veteran down the road who will always have a spot on a NBA roster.

• Nov 27, 20119:03 pm
    by BIG MARV

Do anybody know if singler will be on the pistons roster this year or will he be in spain all year? did he have a lockout clause? BTW its been a min since I been on here feels good to be back on PP and the lockout is over lets go with the hot news!

• Nov 27, 20119:25 pm

Good to have you back Marv, and yes, Singler had an out clause allowing him to return to the NBA when the lockout was over.

• Nov 28, 20116:19 pm
    by leonelreo

¨Here in Spain we’re sure he is back next week, with the other players: gasols brothers, calderón, ibaka, splitter… maybe after next weekend games.

He has been an impact player in the fourth team of ACB, the best league in Europe. A bit irregular, but what young player isn’t? I don’t know if he is going to be a star, but he surely can play.

Daye hasn’t played in Russian league. That’s all.

Sorry for my english.

• Nov 30, 20116:49 pm
    by leonelreo

Singler has signed with Real Madrid, my most hated team in Spain… Yesterday, I couldn’t believe my eyes.
    For those who can read in Spanish:

Singler has lost a fan. Real Madrid has won a solid player. I hope he goes to Detroit next season…

• Dec 1, 20117:44 am
    by Adrià

@leonelreo, where are you from¿? Your point about Madrid being your “most hated team” has interested me, because I’m from Barcelona; and I don’t love Madrid so much too.