Video: Previewing the Pistons for ESPN

Just for Mike Payne, I did another video talking about the Pistons for ESPN.com.

I discussed my belief that figuring out a sensible rotation at the shooting guard position, especially if Rodney Stuckey is really considered more of a two than a one at this point, is still the team’s biggest issue and my feelings that a Greg Monroe-Jonas Jerebko combo would give the Pistons one of the more active frontcourts in the league, particularly on the offensive glass. Video after the jump.

• Aug 25, 20111:01 pm
    by brgulker

I don’t even watch. I just listen. That voice is sexy.

• Aug 25, 20119:48 pm

Well, if my voice can make Ben Gordon and Rip Hamilton both still sharing the SG spot sound good to you, then I’ve done my job.

• Aug 25, 20112:02 pm
    by Will

Much better than last one I saw. You seemed more confident and you knew your stuff. Keep working at it. ;)

• Aug 25, 20112:16 pm
    by Jason

Yeah good job.  Maybe look into the camera.  Or maybe you are and the camera is f’d up.

• Aug 25, 20112:32 pm
    by Wall-E

AH, I SEE.  BY BECOMING MORE LIKE THE HUMANS, WE CAN FOOL THEM INTO HASTENING THEIR OWN DEMISE.  VERY INGENIOUS PLOT, “MR. HAYES”.

• Aug 25, 20114:32 pm
      by Jacob

I was really hoping Wall-E had a comment on this. It did not disappoint.

But seriously, a much better job on camera Patrick and all good points too. However, the line about Tom Gores’ dancing being a distraction was really funny but the delivery was really dry. Other than that, nice job keep it up!

• Aug 25, 20119:50 pm

I requested that ESPN add in a laugh track at that part, but they ignored me.

• Aug 26, 201111:11 am
          by Jacob

Ha! That would have made it perfect – almost Seinfeld-esque

• Aug 25, 20114:11 pm
    by RyanK

Were you drunk?

• Aug 25, 20118:52 pm
    by rob

Good preview

• Aug 25, 201110:15 pm
    by Jodi Jezz

LOL, if we dont make a trade for a SF and C next season I’m gonna be a hurt fan…Jonas at PF and Monroe at C isn’t going to accumulate a winning or close to .500 season now or in the future…Move Monroe to PF and lets trade for a Center…

• Aug 26, 20118:54 am

It will certainly be a better frontcourt than they put on the floor last year though.

• Aug 26, 201112:14 pm
      by RyanK

Jonas is supposed to be 240 lbs…and they say it’s good weight, not the type that will slow him down.  Monroe was showing man to man prowest the last third of the season.  We only see Howard 4 times per year and no one in the league can handle him one on one anyways.

Don’t be so certain Jonas and Monroe can’t give us big minutes at 4-5.

• Aug 26, 20111:54 pm

Could you set it up so that opening pistonpowered doesn’t automatically start this video rolling?It’s kinda annoying when I’m trying to read something else and suddenly noises start playing and I don’t even know where they are from.