Is Terrico White really better than Darius Morris?

ESPN’s player rankings continue, and like I predicted, Terrico White was the next Piston. He ranked 472nd – one spot of Darius Morris.

The difference (an average of .02 on an 11-point scale) is negligible, but it made me curious which player you think is better. I know Patrick prefers Morris, and I think I do too, but whom would you choose?

• Aug 15, 20115:54 pm
    by neutes

Well not only White, but Mack and I.Thomas are ranked ahead of Morris as well. Not sure how the last player taken in the draft could be better than other players taken. However, I do like the consensus style of these rankings.

• Aug 16, 20116:08 am
    by rob

who’s darius morris?

• Aug 16, 20118:02 am
    by MrHappyMushroom

We know nothing at all about how good these players are. Neither has ever played a single minute in the NBA.

That said, I greatly, greatly prefer Terrico, because if he becomes a perennial all-star, he will be our perennial all-start.

(Unless JOD trades him to Denver for the rights to Dan Issel…)

• Aug 16, 20118:35 am

Athletically, there’s no question I’d take White in a second. The problem is he’s going to have to play PG in the NBA and he didn’t play PG exclusively in college like Morris did, so that, along with the fact that Morris showed incredible improvement from freshman to sophomore season in college while White underachieved a bit in his college career puts Darius ahead I think.

• Aug 16, 20119:55 am
    by brgulker

I like Morris better as a prospect. Both are long shots, I think, but as PH has said, Morris has already played full-time PG whereas White has not.

PG is not an easy skill to suddenly learn.

I think if Morris had waiting one more year, the answer to this question would have been very obvious. But that’s just gut feeling.

• Aug 16, 201110:42 am

Here’s a fun game: which will be the first team to get completely tapped out? (i.e. who has the worst best player in the league?) Contenders: Toronto, Detroit, Charlotte, Sacramento, Cleveland, Houston. Did I miss any teams that could contend for this dishonor?

• Aug 16, 201110:57 am

Utah?

Also, funny note: the Wizards had seven of their players already off the board in the 400-500 range.

• Aug 16, 20115:04 pm

I feel like Al Jefferson has to go higher than anyone from any of those teams. If Utah was a winning team, he could be a fringe all-star.

• Aug 16, 201112:23 pm
      by neutes

Charlotte is the easy answer. They shouldn’t get a player in the top 100. After that it’s a toss up between Detroit, Toronto, Cleveland, and Sacramento, but people are probably higher on players like Derozan, Bargnani, Cousins, and Evans than I am.

• Aug 16, 20115:07 pm

I would guess Charlotte or Cleveland most likely. Depending on what people think of Irving. But he is an unproved rookie with considerably less upside than most 1st overalls.

• Aug 17, 201112:25 am
          by neutes

I don’t see a player on Charlotte more talented than Varejeo at the moment, but I’m not sure that says all that much about either roster.

• Aug 17, 20111:08 pm

• Aug 16, 201111:21 am
    by Ryan

Darius has all the skills to be an elite point guard.  If he improves vastly that jumper then he’s an all-star player.

Terrico is probably one of many decent but not good enough guards who jump around the league for a few years and eventually settle overseas in their mid-twenties.