I participated in today’s 5-on-5 NBA roundtable at ESPN.com and the topic was trades and free agency. I slipped in a Pistons reference in the question about who the most underrated free agents were:
Among veterans, it’s Joel Przybilla. He’s a physical rebounder who will be less expensive than the first-tier big men available. A younger guy? Jonas Jerebko. He missed last season with a torn Achilles tendon, but he hustles, rebounds, plays defense and hits the offensive glass. It would take a significant offer for Detroit not to match, but there’s little doubt he would be a nice addition to any contender.
There are a lot of good points made and both some crazy and sensible trade suggestions in the discussion. But since it’s the holiday, and posting is light, here are the five questions for all of you to answer/debate in the comments:
1. Which team must make a major move this offseason?
2. Take your pick: Tyson Chandler, Marc Gasol, Nene Hilario, Yao Ming or Greg Oden.
3. Who’s the best non-center available this summer?
4. Bargain hunting: Who’s the best buy on the market?
5. Use the Trade Machine to make a deal that should happen.
I look forward to reading through your responses, particularly on the trade front. Have a happy Fourth of July.
Leave a Reply