Video: Discussing Lawrence Frank’s challenges as new Pistons coach for ESPN

I did a short video report for ESPN on the Pistons’ decision to hire Lawrence Frank last night. Hopefully I’ve come a long way since the last time I was an on-camera personality. Also, yes, I am in a basement. But before you commence with the ‘LOLZ blogger in his mother’s basement’ jokes, know this: I own my own basement, thank you very much.

• Jul 22, 20119:00 am
    by jello

That was some monotone awesomeness. Cellar stuff!

• Jul 22, 20119:18 am
    by RyanK

Wow, can I get a pet robot like that?  I bet you can program that thing to do chores like walk the dog, do the laundry, and maybe even answer the phone.

• Jul 22, 20119:24 am

Hahaha. I don’t know … my wife seems pretty unhappy with her model when it comes to chore-doing.

• Jul 22, 201110:05 am
    by Wall-E

I LIKE YOUR VOICE, PATRICK.  DON”T WORRY, SOON HUMANITY WILL BE DESTROYED AND WE WILL BE THE ONLY ONES LEFT.

• Jul 22, 201111:06 am
      by Jacob

LOL! and I don’t use LOL’s flippantly. Wow Patrick might as well have typed that paragraph he was clearly reading into a pronunciation generator and let it do the work. Maybe he’s working on his Tiger Woods impression.

• Jul 22, 201111:58 am

I like that idea. I’ll do that next time and then just awkwardly sit on camera in silence.

• Jul 22, 201112:09 pm
    by Will

Yeah no disrespect but yeah you have to have more personality when you do a piece like this. ESPECIALLY FOR ESPN! You probably should have taken some time to memorize this and then recite it comfortably that way. Every thing about this says that you typed it out on MS Word and read it off the computer screen unless you are able to afford your own teleprompter and do it Obama style. lol From the monotone voice to the eyeballs scrolling from left to right and then moving back to the camera like you’re looking at us it was totally obvious. Nice analysis though!

• Jul 22, 20114:49 pm

Have your fun now folks. Just know that at some point, I will show up wearing a turtleneck and roast you all Michael Scott style.