Charlie Villanueva sees Austin Daye’s plank, raises him

Austin Daye experimented with the planking fad and shared on Twitter the other day. Here’s Charlie Villanueva with a couple of contributions of his own. Gilbert Arenas and Dwight Howard also got involved. I think it’s a good bet we’ve found how NBA players will occupy themselves during the lockout. Thank God for Twitter.

And I think Villanueva’s beats Daye’s, I have to say. Doing it barefoot wins it.

• Jul 1, 20119:36 am
    by RyanK

Is that car going 100 mph right at a brick wall with him on it like that?  Nah, Piston fans wouldn’t be so lucky…  This guy needs to work on his rebounding and post defense instead of doing planks on his Bentley.

• Jul 1, 201110:03 am
      by @Pistolino

Gee, what a ray of sunshine you are, wishing someone’s death because they aren’t playing basketball the way you want them to.  When your wife burns dinner are you gonna put her in front of a firing squad?

• Jul 1, 201110:06 am
      by Jacob

Seriously man….not funny…..unclassy

• Jul 1, 201110:20 am
        by RyanK

Come on guys…don’t be so uptight.  I am certainly not wishing death on CV.  Take it in the spirit it was posted and you might get a chuckle out of it…I did.

@ Pistolino My Wife doesn’t get off that easy if she burns my food…

• Jul 1, 201111:32 am
    by Laser

yes. another stiff-necked plank! these guys sure do “get” it, right?? and look, charlie v upped the ante with a self-aware grin! MAN do these guys get what planking is and what makes it so special.

my suggestion for daye’s counter: picture this. he’s planking, but doing it UPRIGHT! almost like he’s standing up but not really because he’s planking! and here’s the kicker: not only is he smiling wide, but he’s also holding a pepsi and a slice of pizza with a bite taken out! now THAT’S planking.

• Jul 1, 201112:45 pm
    by Sebastian

You see, this is the reason why fans are going to eventually turn on the players, as the Owners’ Lockout continues.
    These guys have time to take pictures, while posing (“planking”) on their nice rides in front of their nice homes.
    Meanwhile, the rest of us either are unemployed, underemployed, or a member of the working poor – living from pay check to pay check.

• Jul 1, 20111:50 pm
    by Danny

Its nice to know we have players that if need be, can substitute for a defective plank on a pirate ship. And it is a shame to see a guy like Charlie have all that money, yet has done next to nothing to earn it.

• Jul 1, 20114:54 pm
    by Quin

Why are all you losers so obsessed with how much money players have?  If you want to criticize someone, let it be the geniuses that decide the market value of their skills.  Sure, basketball players are snot-nosed, immature children, but they’re hardly the exploiters of capitalism to whom we should point fingers.
    In a market economy, the real culprits are the consumers and their appetites for entertainment and talent which extends far beyond what is necessary to enjoy a sport.  I mean, really, go to your kids’ games.  Support the WNBA.  Sit back and play video games if you want to experience competition without the high salaries.
    Inevitably, the reason Charlie Villanueva is paid so well is because you wouldn’t have it any other way.  You may not be the person who directly chose him, but you, with your dollars and attention, have told the Pistons organization that you will contribute finances (or your advertising worthy attention) if they acquire talent for high salaries.  It’s as simple as that.

• Jul 1, 20115:49 pm
      by RyanK

These players take what they can get…I’d do the same.  This is a society problem, not an athlete problem.  I refuse to buy anything related to professional sports…or hollywood.  It’s just not worth the money it costs to see a game, movie, or concert.  I watch it all for free on TV…well I pay my cable bill, so I guess I contribute in that way.

Bottom line: Blame those who support the entertainment industry, not the athletes who take advantage of a sweet deal available to them.

• Jul 1, 201110:15 pm
    by gmehl1977

I can see Charlie Villanueva is headed for his most productive season in a long time next season

• Jul 2, 201112:57 am
    by MrHappyMushroom

Charlie V was born for this activity, given all the practice he has already has lying down ON DEFENSE!!!!

(Burn!)

• Jul 2, 20114:02 am
    by jake the snake

people hating on pros for making money..  how weak to get jealous..  blame yourselves for being broke

• Jul 2, 20114:03 am
    by jake the snake

what the hell is planking..  looks stupid to me

• Jul 2, 20114:08 am
      by Jakob Eich

its a new trend! some people have already died doing it, one guy planked on his balcony and fell off it! its really stupid but kinda funny because of it. its from Australia!

• Jul 2, 20114:06 am
    by Jakob Eich

Great to see CV do some core excercises! Only gonna elevate his game lol

• Jul 2, 20114:06 am
    by Jakob Eich

Great to see CV do some core excercises! Only gonna elevate his game lol

• Jul 2, 20119:32 am
    by Eric

Maybe both of them should get togeather and work on their defense and not being lying down like they usually do on defense!

• Jul 2, 201111:20 am
    by BIG MARV

I think he should try standing up and practice how to post up. Since laying down and getting stepped on is the only move he mastered since he got here. So this is what rich people do on all that nice time off they will be receiving I can wait until nov when they really gonna have even more time to themselves smh