Former Piston Allen Iverson talks about the art of the crossover

I might be the only Piston fan who actually takes pride in claiming Allen Iverson as a former Piston, but even if you still dislike AI because of his brief Detroit tenure, you have to admit that the man had an insane crossover. Iverson, along with Dwyane Wade, Tim Hardaway and others, is featured in the above New York Times video on the art of the crossover dribble. Iverson talking about crossing up Michael Jordan as a rookie is pretty epic. (Hat-tip, SLAM)

• May 26, 201112:55 pm
    by bball4224

And that alone is pretty much why he was my favorite player growing up.

• May 26, 20111:42 pm
    by brgulker

Over Under: Half of AI’s crossovers would be called carries in today’s NBA.

• May 26, 20114:02 pm

Afraid not. While a lot of them may technically be carries, most carries are never called. I mean, when is the last time you’ve seen one called in the NBA? It basically never happens. Even less than travels. And it is widely believed that the vast majority of travels don’t get called.

• May 26, 20111:46 pm
    by LEVI

this video is awesome … anyone who loves to ply the game would love this video

• May 26, 20111:49 pm
    by Cliff

share your pride patrick, you can say how washed up he is, but nothing can deny how bloody great he was with the basketball… one of the best and i truly miss his play.

• May 26, 20112:49 pm
    by RandomGuy313

Excellent PH!! This video was epic!! I was so disappointed that we could not get our hands on him earlier, CURSE YOU MATT GEIGER!!
    Flash forward to when we did trade for him, I was still excited but I believed that his inability to accept a role, is what made him a great player, however also made him bad for this team.

• May 27, 201112:06 pm
      by bball4224

I mean really i don’t get how Matt Geiger had that much say, he was like a Greg Ostertag.

• May 26, 20113:26 pm
    by Faraz

ahh, i wish the AI experiment worked in Detroit. he was my fav player

• Well, first of all the Z car is legendary and the Z32
    TT not only lived up to the Z name but it blew all predecessors out of the water.

Fisher Price is well known for their educational toys and games.
    You are given a little bit more money for the picture.