Rodney Stuckey’s status still in doubt

Essentials

Las Vegas projection

Spread: Pistons -1

Over/under: 203.5

Score: Pistons win, 102.25-101.25

Three things to watch

1. Rodney Stuckey-John Kuester relationship

John Kuester said he’s undecided about whether Rodney Stuckey, fresh off a benching for refusing to enter a game, will play tonight, according to Keith Langlois of Pistons.com. With Stuckey entering free agency this summer, everything about him will be heavily scrutinized. What he does tonight – both on the court and off – plays into that.

2. DaJuan Summers replacing Charlie Villanueva on the active roster

DaJuan Summers will join the active roster in place of Charlie Villanueva, who’s out with a back injury, according to Langlois.

There’s no guarantee Summers will even play, but for those of you holding out hope he’ll give the Pistons (or any team) a reason to sign him this summer, tonight could be one his final chances to provide some evidence.

3. Lottery implications

With a loss, the Pistons would ensure they do no worse in the lottery than tied for the No. 8/9 seeds.

With a win, the Pistons would ensure they do no better in the lottery than tied for the No. 4/5 seeds.

Pregame Reading

• Apr 5, 20118:12 pm
    by swish22

At least Charlie was feeling well enough to take that private jet to the Conneticut game.  Wonder when he hurt that back, maybe he pushed someone in the belly too hard on a foul or possibly strained it standing on the 3 point line!    As far as Stuckey goes hes just as big a cancer to this team as Villanueva is!  Both think they’re superstars that just need some coaching just ask them,  SEnd them packing!!

• Apr 5, 20119:04 pm
    by qm22

People should remember that Rodney has always had a good attitude. For all the stuff about refusing to enter the game, when Rodney has been on the floor he played with more passion than anyone on this team while others elected to dog it.
    Rodney also has a good attitude in that he tells people in the media “no comment” rather than blame anyone, even when teammates and his coach throw him under the bus to the media. Everything else Rodney has done has been the opposite of being some primadonna, while Kuester has had issues with the majority of players.
    But hey, Rodney is an easy media target.
    And I also hate how people accuse Rodney of sabotaging our effort to win the game when Kuester (again) makes lineups that don’t give us a good attempt at trying to win. If he was trying to win this season he would have been starting Stuckey that game and others, along with many other differences, like learning how to get Ben Gordon more involved than he was as a rookie in Chicago.

• Apr 5, 201110:15 pm

Who threw Stuckey under the bus? Kuester never told the media that Stuckey refused to enter the game and no teammates have been quoted saying anything about the Stuckey situation. Granted, the person who leaked it theoretically could’ve been a coach or teammate, but it also could’ve been a trainer, PR person or someone else who was seated within earshot when it went down.

And don’t you remember that Stuckey was a starter for about half of this season? The Pistons were not a good team when he played and haven’t been a good team with him sitting.

Kuester was trying to win. What else would he be trying to do? He was simply an overmatched coach with a roster that wasn’t good enough to do anything more than maybe compete for 8th place in the East, and that was if everything went perfectly.

• Apr 5, 201110:24 pm
    by qm22

I did not mean Stuckey was thrown under the bus for not coming into the game, I don’t think there are many details about that yet… I was referring to past times this season, when Tay (“we’re not getting what we need out of our point guard”) and Kuester have blamed him. I brought it up because I see it as an example of him taking the high road.
    I really don’t think Kuester tries to win, that is a really hard thing to believe. Right before Stuckey got benched recently he and the team was playing better. It hasn’t just been with Stuckey either. And speaking of that game, Stuckey has to be considered the best option to start against Rose, especially given their past performances on each other.

• Apr 5, 201110:34 pm

Stuckey was asked if he’d rather start or come off the bench in that game. He chose to come off the bench. Personally, I don’t think that got nearly enough attention. I would much rather have a guy who takes any opportunity to start.

The Pistons are looking for real, assertive leadership out of him. I’m not saying he can’t be that guy, but this season has been a definite step back for him. Some of that is the fault of poor coaching, but a lot of it has to be attributed to Stuckey as well. He’s responsible for his actions.

• Apr 5, 201110:40 pm
    by qm22

It definitely sounds bad I just think Stuckey always showed good character, and between him and Kuester I think Stuckey is the more trustable one, honestly. Kuester has a terrible track record of fighting with players (he had to have Tayshaun restrained by security earlier in the year), being basically dishonest (by that I mean dodging questions with nonsense answers when people want him to explain himself), and putting personal issues with players above winning, throughout the year.

• Mar 29, 20142:26 am
    by ceratocone

hello there and thank you for your info – I’ve definitely picked up something new from right here.
    I did however expertise some technical points using this web site, since I experienced to reload the
    website lots of times previous to I could get it to load correctly.
    I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your
    placement in google and can damage your quality score if ads and marketing with
    Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my e-mail
    and can look out for much more of your respective interesting
    content. Ensure that you update this again soon.