A lot of deserved attention tonight for Richard Hamilton’s absence from the active roster, but is Tayshaun Prince mentally absent from the Pistons’ collective effort? Vincent Goodwill of The Detroit News thinks so:

he listens to one person: himself RT @Hamr65 I can never quite tell if Tay listens to a single thing Kuester says during a time out.

• Feb 4, 20119:30 pm
    by gmehl1977

Hey as much as Tay has displayed his unhappiness with Kuester, it hasn’t effected his on court performance. How could you expect any veteran on this team to happy with how unsettled things have been. I think Tay has handled himself pretty well considering how bad things have got.

• Feb 5, 20117:59 pm
      by Dan Feldman

GMehl, Prince has definitely played hard this season, but I’m not sure he’s always played within the scheme, and it obviously wouldn’t be difficult to connect that to his apparent dislike of Kuester. Often, Prince looks for his own shot and focuses on on-ball, rather than help, defense.

• Feb 4, 201110:34 pm
    by jgk281

I like the new site, but can you guys change the CAPTCHA format somehow? I spent time writing a post, typed the code in, and pressed submit, but because I entered it wrong I lost my entire post, as it was gone when I back-paged.

• Feb 4, 201111:06 pm
      by Jason

That’s likely an issue with your browser, just so you know.. I use Firefox, and have forgotten to type the Captcha a few times now.. Each time, when I hit the back button – i’m right back where I left off, everything I typed still waiting…

• Feb 5, 20118:01 pm
      by Dan Feldman

JGK, I’ll look into it, but if you register at the top of the page by pressing the login/logout button on the top menu, you won’t have to enter CAPTCHA for each comment.

• [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Detroit Locksmith and Patrick Hayes, PistonPowered Feed. PistonPowered Feed said: The Detroit News beat writer on Tayshaun Prince: ‘he listens to one person: himself’: A lot of deserved attentio… http://bit.ly/etQKKf [...]

• Feb 5, 20112:46 am
    by Tony

He’s probably tired of the ridiculous coaching hires Dumars has made since Brown and wasted a championship team with only 1 ring to show for all that talent.  Paul Silas would’ve been a perfect hire for us instead of Flip Saunders, trade Prince or quit wasting his time.

• Feb 5, 20113:00 am
      by Starkad

I’m a huge Dumars supporter, but I have to agree about the coaching since Brown.  Lots of people liked Flip.  I was happy to see him go.  I thought Curry got handed a raw deal, and I wish he had been allowed to have 1 more year.  Kuester is bottom-of-the-barrel horrible.

• Feb 5, 201110:19 am

Starkad, no way I can agree that Kuester is worse than Curry. They’re both terrible. But Michael Curry might be the worst NBA coach of the last 10 years. And even if he did have things like the Billups trade that were out of his control, the reason he was reportedly fired was because Dumars asked him to work on repairing his relationship with Hamilton, which Curry declined to do. He would’ve been given another year had he not been insubordinate.

• Feb 5, 201110:17 am

Saunders wasn’t a bad hire. He was the highest profile coach available at the time and he had a great relationship with the team’s best player, Billups. He’d coached veteran teams in Minnesota and Detroit was a veteran team. Silas, meanwhile, was coming off getting fired mid-season in Cleveland. Not sure hiring Silas would’ve went over well at the time.
      Saunders obviously had issues with a few Pistons (particularly Ben and Rasheed Wallace). But he wasn’t a bad hire at all.

• Feb 5, 201111:27 am
    by Jason

Flip was an awesome hire, if you ask me. If you all remember, we were trying to get a spark back on offense, as we seemed to on nights becaome lazy.. Flip was a great offenseive specialist, adn we did actually see our offensive numbers increase after flip was hired.

Not only that, but under Saunders, the Pistons went to three straight Eastern Conference Finals, and the year he was fired – the Pistons had the second best record in the NBA. I’d say he did a pretty damn good job for us…

Sure, he had some issues, namely with Rasheed. But didn’t Dumars think ahead, and think about the fact that Rasheed wasn’t a part of the future anyways?? Saunders, in my opinion, should have never been fired…

• Feb 5, 201111:39 am

More importantly than the offensive numbers, they were still among the top four or five defensive teams in the league under Saunders as well, even after Ben Wallace left.

• Feb 5, 20112:36 pm
    by rick

Detroit is in a tailspin and it can be attributed all the way back to a number of decisions or indecision’s made by Dumars . I think he over valued Rasheed Wallace and paid him like he was the reason Detroit won everything. In essence he had a combination of things going for him. He fleeced Jordan by trading aging Stackhouse, got a free agent in Billups and had already drafted Okur and Prince. Carlisle had them boys playing half court stingy defense and playing as a unit. Then next you hear Carlise is a @$$hole around the Palace and nobody likes him. What the hell, I actually thought the old man had his imprints on this all the way and in the end to me it has cost them dearly. Did we ever hear the players complain about how Carlise coached? Nope, but when Larry came in after that first year everything became stale and he supposedly flirted with the Cavaliers. Gone, bye, which brings us to Saunders. He was a good coach as far as x’s and o’s but not good enough to command respect of the Wallaces. I think this is why Ben left  in my opinion because he got tired of Rasheed and his antics, along with how the coach did not step up to him. Players do not want to have to step in another players face all the time. That is where the coach/gm steps up. All I ever heard from Dumars was how much a great talent Rasheed was and how most things could be excused. So hear we are two coaches in three years a total combined 83 wins in two and half years and most of those were by Curry who got fired for not communicating better with Hamilton. So what is the deal with Q and Hamilton? Who knows ,but one thing for sure is I do not think any free agent will want to come here and play for Detroit. You can play all the youngsters you want,but what fills up the seats? A good basketball team and a well run organization . The last thing you want to see is one of your best players and one that helped win a title be put on the deactivated list by a career long assistant coach who just so happened to get a job from Joe Dumars. How do you go from Carlisyle a young and up and coming coach to caoch a young group to and old bag Kuester to coach young talent with old? At what point does Dumars start getting articles written about him? The economy is bad in New Orleans and they are winning, with a new young coach.I am tired of excuses and players getting all the blame.

• Feb 5, 20118:05 pm
      by gmehl1977

Rick good free agents will play anywhere as long as there is good money to be had so i wouldn’t worry about them not coming to Detroit because of the Rip situation. The problem we have is that we just don’t have any money to throw at any free agents due to bad signings.