Teams: Detroit Pistons at Orlando Magic
Date: Jan. 24, 2011
Time: 7 p.m.
Television: Fox Sports Detroit
- Jameer Nelson
- Jason Richardson
- Hedo Turkoglu
- Brandon Bass
- Dwight Howard
Las Vegas projection
Spread: Pistons +12
Score: Magic win, 102-90
Three things to watch
1. Who will start at center?
2. Pistons’ fatigue
Before the season, I wrote of tonight’s game:
Third game in three cities in four nights + playing premier team = loss.
That still sounds right, but with the Pistons’ recent resiliency, they have a chance. If Detroit competes to the end, tonight will be encouraging.
3. Containing Dwight Howard
OK, I guess should add one new thought for this post. Historically, the Pistons have defended Dwight Howard’s Magic better than any team. Detroit’s luck might fully run out tonight if it hasn’t already. Howard was just named the Eastern Conference player of the Week for averaging 26.0 points and 13.3 rebounds per game.
- Rohan Cruyff of SBNation has some awesome charts showing the Pistons rank last in Offensive Speed Index.
- Jamie Samuelsen writes Richard Hamilton and John Kuester are acting childish.
- Kevin Pelton of Basketball Prospectus notes only Wilson Chandler and Tayshaun Prince have finished better at the rim in January than Greg Monroe.
- ESPN’s Chris Sheridan says the Pistons can get at least an expiring contract and a first-round pick for Richard Hamilton.
- No Pistons made Bethlehem Shoals and Eric Freeman’s list of the NBA’s worst players.
- Eddy Rivera previews the game for Magic Basketball.
Leave a Reply