Teams: Detroit Pistons at Miami Heat
Date: Jan. 28, 2011
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Television: Fox Sports Detroit
- Mario Chalmers
- Dwyane Wade
- James Jones
- LeBron James
- Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Las Vegas projection
Spread: Pistons +10.5
Score: Heat win, 100.75-90.25
Three things to watch
1. Depleted Pistons
Rodney Stuckey (shoulder), Ben Wallace (family matter) and Richard Hamilton (flu) will miss the game tonight, according to Vincent Goodwill of The Detroit News. Probably not the best night to play shorthanded.
2. Austin Daye starting
With Chris Bosh out for Miami, LeBron James will start at power forward, according Bill Reiter of FOXSports.com. The Pistons will counter by throwing Tayshaun Prince on LeBron and starting Austin Daye against James Jones, according to Keith Langlois of Pistons.com.
Tonight could preview a future of Daye playing power forward on offense and small forward on defense with Jonas Jerebko taking the other spot, depending on matchups.
3. Juwan Howard!!!!!
I don’t care about the Big 3. Juwan Howard really keys the Heat’s success. They’re 4-0 when he plays at least 17:43, and that’s totally the cause and effect. The 17-year pro obviously will decide whether Miami wins a championship. He’s still one of the NBA’s most dominant big men, and the Pistons will have their hands full with him.
Plus, I heard he went to a great college.
(I promise I’ll stop rubbing that in soon.)
- Kobe Bryant isn’t as clutch as you think, and neither is Chauncey Billups (but Patrick already told you that).
- Kelly Dwyer makes want Troy Murphy on the Pistons even more.
- Raul Takahashi previews the game for Hot Hot Hoops.
- Kevin Sawyer doesn’t mention Juwan Howard once in his game preview.
- Heather Zara explains the origins of The Palace’s sounds.
- The Piston with the biggest change in Wins Produced from earlier in the season? Chris Wilcox.
Leave a Reply