Teams: Detroit Pistons at Los Angeles Lakers
Date: Jan. 4, 2011
Time: 10:30 p.m.
Television: Fox Sports Detroit
- Derek Fisher
- Kobe Bryant
- Ron Artest
- Pau Gasol
- Andrew Bynum
Las Vegas projection
Spread: Pistons +12
Score: Lakers win, 104-92
Three things to watch
1. Catching the Lakers at the best or worst time?
The Lakers have lost four of six, and to them, that means the sky is falling. They’ll probably use the Pistons to get back on track, but there’s a slight chance the Pistons are catching them at the right time. I wouldn’t get my hopes up, though.
2. Can the Pistons slow Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol at all?
The last time these teams played, when Andrew Bynum was still out, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom combined for 40 points and 26 rebounds. The Pistons have had trouble defending bigs all season. Any reason that should change tonight?
3. Rodney Stuckey’s health
Stuckey played just 14 minutes against off the bench against the Jazz after missing the previous two games with a stomach ailment. He told Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press it would take a couple more days to return to full strength.
- Patrick pitched in for Land O’Lakers’ game preview.
- Darius Soriano previewed the game for Forum Blue & Gold.
- Did the Pistons really need a timeout out to run the same play again against the Jazz?
- Jason Maxiell answered a few questions for The Cincinnati Enquirer.
Leave a Reply