Tracy McGrady is ready to play 30 minutes if the Pistons need him to

In the “good news for my shaky hypothesis” department, Tracy McGrady told Vince Ellis of the Free Press that he can physically handle a bigger role if the Pistons need him to play more:

After Thursday’s practice, McGrady simply said “yes” when asked if he felt able to play 30 minutes.

But he added: “Coach’s got his hands full … trying to play me 30 minutes. We got so many guys at the same position.”

With Rip Hamilton, Ben Gordon and Tayshaun Prince, minutes are tough.

“Physically, I’m fine,” McGrady said. “I think I’ve recovered from my surgery. I think it’s more so mentally; really, it’s just going back to what I used to be and what I used to do on the basketball court, and all that stuff is starting to come back to me.”

• [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Detroit Pistons, PistonPowered Feed. PistonPowered Feed said: Tracy McGrady is ready to play 30 minutes if the Pistons need him to: In the “good news for my shaky hypothesis”… http://bit.ly/ePMWyu [...]

• Dec 17, 201011:17 am
    by Stephen

The catch is McGrady had been claiming he was healthy all last season also.
    Then there’ll be the short steps from “I’m healthy” to “I can play more’ to “I SHOULD play more”.
    When T-Mac has a good game,he gets very optimistic and thinks he’s back to young T-Mac.
    As a huge fan of his,I hope he’s right,but his history leaves me very cautious.

• Dec 17, 20101:59 pm
    by Laser

right. if there’s one thing the pistons always accomplish (and one is all there is) it’s “say the right thing.” stuckey always talks about stepping up, pushing the tempo, being a leader. rip and gordon constantly insist they can play together when there’s nothing but hard evidence to the contrary. dumars was “content” with the team we went into the season with. his hands aren’t tied by ownership.

if you have a shred of interest in the truth, you need to read between the lines. props to t-mac for pointing out the difficulty in giving ANYONE 30 minutes. stuckey and tayshaun lead the team with 33 and 32 respectively. then it’s a pretty big drop off to gordon and rip (at 27 each), ben and villa (25 each), and the rest of the rotation is in the 16-20 range. you’ve got TWO guys playing starters’ minutes for crying out loud! and both barely even reach that threshold. and the organization continues to scratch its head…

• Dec 17, 20103:06 pm
    by nuetes

Hey Dumars part III of his interview is up. This isn’t in the transcript but listen to the last 30 seconds of the audio. Do it before it gets taken down. It’s like Langlois left this snippet in there for us to find. No reason why it should be in there but it is.

• Dec 17, 20103:52 pm
    by slim

why is everyone so negative; i think t-mac will prove all u haters wrong!!

• Dec 17, 20105:33 pm
    by Laser

ugh. go away, slim. nobody here talks shit about t-mac, and we’re negative because the pitons are one of the worst teams on the planet.

• Dec 17, 20105:34 pm
    by Laser

criminy! good find, nuetes. already taken down. jesus. tip of the hat to langlois if it was intentional, but i hope he doesn’t get in trouble.