As always, the comments are yours for observations/insults during tonight’s game. Have at it.
Game Info: Boston Celtics (2-1) at Detroit Pistons (0-3), 7:30 p.m. on Fox Sports Detroit
Three things to watch:
1. Charlie Villanueva and Rip Hamilton could miss tonight’s game. Not sure the Pistons could win with them, but it will probably mean more minutes for Gordon (a good thing) and more minutes for Greg Monroe (a good thing). I want to see Monroe play and excel as much as anyone. Keep the expectations for him low tonight. He’s likely to struggle against that Boston front line.
2. Stuckey will get another matchup with an good point guard. So far, Stuckey has had a good all-around game against Russell Westbrook, he was pretty good defensively until the fourth quarter against Devin Harris and Derrick Rose absolutely took over the second half against the Pistons. Rondo is averaging 17 assists (!) per game and has been completely in control of Boston’s offense.
3. Can Daye step up? We’ve debated whether or not Daye should be playing power forward into the ground. And like it or not, he’s probably going to have to play really well there tonight for the Pistons to have a shot. The good news is if his shot actually starts to fall, he can help the team by drawing either Garnett or O’Neal out to guard him.
- In preparation for tonight’s game, TrueHoop talks about how to guard Rajon Rondo.
- Steve Kays breaks down what the Mike Conley extension might mean for Stuckey.
- Justin Rogers says the Pistons will have to give up some young prospects if they fancy Josh Smith.
- Some hope for Monroe — fellow young big Derrick Favors struggled in the preseason but has been pretty good so far in the regular season.
Leave a Reply