Date: Nov. 23, 2010
Time: 8:30 p.m.
Television: Fox Sports Detroit
- Jason Kidd
- DeShawn Stevenson
- Caron Butler
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Tyson Chandler
Las Vegas projection
Spread: Detroit +9
Score: Mavericks win, 100-91
Three things to watch
1. Rodney Stuckey’s decision making
Jason Kidd will likely make Rodney Stuckey’s life pretty difficult tonight. Kidd is still physical enough to keep Stuckey from driving to the rim like he has been this year. What Kidd lacks in speed (and it’s not as much as you might think), he makes up for in the knowledge of where to be, giving him a head start.
The biggest question is how Stuckey reacts. If he’s 3-of-6 with nine assists, that’s a success. If he’s 5-of-18 with four assists, that’s a problem.
2. Will Austin Daye play?
Jason Maxiell will start tonight*, according to Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press. You know the story: in the two games Maxiell has started, Austin Daye hasn’t played at all. It’s a curious decision at best. Tonight, we’ll get another opportunity to see how committed John Kuester is to the strategy.
*I think this is a terrible idea. Dirk Nowitzki is going to hit jumpers over the shorter Maxiell with ease. Nowitzki is too talented for the Pistons to contain, regardless, but Maxiell is the worst option. In order. Charlie Villanueva, Austin Daye and Greg Monroe would do a better job.
3. Brian Cardinal still plays?!
He’s still in the league? Really? Cardinal has played 77 minutes in eight games for the Mavericks. I hope he makes an appearance tonight, just to confirm his playing time isn’t a typo on every website with Mavericks statistics.
- John Hollinger calls Tayshaun Prince “the world’s most overvalued trade asset.” Hollinger says a lot of Prince’s problems come from a lack of 3-point and free-throw makes this season.
- Rob Mahoney of The Two Man Game explains why the Bulls beat the Mavericks. I’m not sure the Pistons can replicate the formula.
- Adrian Wojnarowski has a great column digging into Kobe Bryant’s psyche, including the influence of Michael Jackson on the Lakers’ star.
- Don’t forget to enter our Pistons cuff links contest.
- Chat with me in Daily Dime Live during the game.
Leave a Reply