Pistons select Greg Monroe with the No. 7 pick in the 2010 NBA Draft

(Sports Illustrated)

• Jun 24, 20108:44 pm
    by al-scorpio

Great!! I hope that Ben works this guy to death. His passing skill is going to be a plus from the post, something I don’t remember detroit ever having. His height and weight is good and he definitely can be a serviceable big guy! Bye-bye Kwame (Brown that is) lol

• Jun 24, 20109:39 pm
      by steve

uhh. remember chris webber?

• Jun 25, 20103:33 am
        by KJ

WOW great example since he was here for so long…years right? Oh wait no…43 whole games.

• Jun 25, 20104:59 pm
      by Dan Feldman

Rasheed Wallace was a pretty good passer from the high post, too.

• Jun 24, 20109:46 pm
    by Richard

YESSSSSSS Im excited to see him go there BIG PISTONS fan!!! Cant wait to see season now

• Jun 24, 201011:06 pm
    by Bonesy

Uhh, remember YOUNG Chris Webber?

• Pingback

Jun 24, 201011:33 pm
    by Greg Monroe « Gorilla Magnet

[...] No tags for this post.Read More [...]

• Jun 25, 201012:21 am
    by john

Thanks joe D for another draft day bust.   Still couldn’t pull of a trade for hamilton or prince!!!!  NEW OWNERSHIP PLEASE FIRE JOE D!!!!

• Jun 25, 20104:59 am
      by tom

really?  i mean… really?!  can trades suddenly only be made on draft day or are you a complete idiot?

• Jun 25, 201012:25 am
    by Tarbaby

grow up, john. this is a great pick.
    anyone who thinks we’d be better off trading prince and #7 for jefferson and two scrubs should keep their thoughts to themselves.
    look for some trades, hopefully moving a shooting guard or two.

• Jun 25, 20105:05 pm
      by Dan Feldman

Tarbaby, I think moving one of the shooting guards makes sense — but probably not until mid-season. Both players’ values are in the tank. Let them play a few games and establish they’ve still got it.

• [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Detroit Pistons Buzz, PistonPowered Feed. PistonPowered Feed said: Pistons select Greg Monroe with the No. 7 pick in the 2010 NBA Draft: (Sports Illustrated) Share: … http://bit.ly/cs1p0F [...]

• Jun 25, 20109:18 am
    by Maddog

We need to move Stuckey.  Once we recognize Stuckey is not a franchise player, the sooner we can re-write this ship.  I really wanted Cousins.  I dont like Monroe, he is too passive.

• Jun 25, 20105:09 pm
      by Dan Feldman

Maddog, if Stuckey is not a franchise player, what trade value does he have? Who would you have taken ahead of Monroe?

• Jun 25, 20109:59 am
    by Pavel

I don’t chime in alot but the pick could’ve been worse…..Monroe will surprise people I think.  But Joe D does have to pull off a trade and I wouldn’t mind shipping stuck out….was never sold on him.  We have bynum and I think he is solid….not a stud but solid.  Get rid of Charlie V and Prince/Hamilton and start again….get some value for those expiring contracts.

• Jun 25, 20105:15 pm
      by Dan Feldman

Pavel, Stuckey is three years young than Bynum and better than him already. Bynum is fine, but because of his size, he can’t be as good defensively as Stuckey can be.

Also, only Prince has an expiring contract. Trading Villanueva and Hamilton wouldn’t be as easy.

• Jun 25, 201010:13 am
    by Tim

I’d say calling it a great pick is a bit of a stretch. His lack of athleticism scares me. He had a good year last year  (i think he had 13 or 14 double doubles) but the big east was an overrated conference and Georgetown didn’t have that tough of a schedule. Sure the analysts say he’s a great pick but I believe thats what they said about this guy named Darko Milicic and we all know how that worked out.

• Jun 25, 20105:22 pm
      by Dan Feldman

Tim, Monroe isn’t the most athletic guy, but he’s hardly unathletic. He’s strong enough (with the frame to gain muscle) and pretty agile.

No question, nothing is guaranteed. But Monroe has better odds of succeeding than most players available with the seventh pick.

• Jun 25, 201010:28 am
    by nuetes

I’m not going to call it a great pick until he plays some NBA ball. But if I had to guess I think it’s going to turn out to be a great pick. His defensive rebounding rate is one of the best in the country. His offensive skills are elite. He also played in a quirky Princeton offense that is designed so that one player can’t dominate the ball, so we may not have seen what he can really do in college. Only 20 years old. All good, considering the alternatives that could have been (udoh, davis, aldrich).

• Jun 25, 20105:28 pm
      by Dan Feldman

Nuetes, 100 percent agree. Usually, I think before the draft about who I’d want. When I figured Monroe, not Udoh, would be off the board, I had no idea. Nobody was that appealing.

• Jun 25, 201011:17 am
    by john hammond

I am amazed that some of you piston fans were standing in line to give joe d a BJ in 2004 and now you realize that I built the Pistons.

• Jun 25, 201011:31 am