Besides the occasional Twitter mystery, this Pistons season has become mostly devoid of suspense. One of the few intriguing story lines remaining is the Pistons’ quest to improve their lottery seed.
This is the start of what I hope will be a daily feature for the rest of the season. It’s a look at Detroit’s lottery situation. For reference, I will only include positioning of teams the Pistons could catch in either direction.
Another note: I’m aware there has been some confusion about the lottery and its procedures. If anyone has any questions, post them in the comments, and I’ll answer. If you’re unsure about something, I’m sure someone else is, too.
- Best case: No. 3 seed
- Worst case: No. 9 seed
- No. 3 seed: Washington Wizards (23-53)
- No. 3 seed: Golden State Warriors (23-53)
- No. 3 seed: Detroit Pistons (23-53)
- No. 6 seed: Sacramento Kings (24-53)
- No. 7 seed: Philadelphia 76ers (26-50)
- No. 8 seed: Los Angeles Clippers (27-50)
- No. 9 seed: New York Knicks (27-49)
Odds if the season ended today
- No. 1 pick: 12.1 percent
- No. 2 pick: 12.7 percent
- No. 3 pick: 13.2 percent
- No. 4 pick: 10.8 percent
- No. 5 pick: 29.2 percent
- No. 6 pick: 18.7 percent
- No. 7 pick: 3.2 percent
- No. 8: pick 0.1 percent
Today’s key games
- Detroit Pistons at Philadelphia 76ers, 7 p.m.
- Golden State Warriors at Washington Wizards, 7 p.m.
- Boston Celtics at New York Knicks, 7:30 p.m.
- San Antonio Spurs at Sacramento Kings, 10 p.m.
(teams in lottery race are bolded)
Leave a Reply