By Dan Feldman • 12:30 pm • February 23, 2010
I have so new software that I hope will allow me to show data in better ways. This is my test run. A quick explanation of this chart:
- The farther right a team is, the better its offensive rating.
- The higher a team is, the better its defensive rating.
- The axes represent the league average (106.8).
- Teams in the top right quadrant are above average offensively and defensively.
- Teams in the top left quadrant are above average defensively and below average offensively.
- Teams in the bottom right quadrant are above average offensively and below average defensively.
- Teams in the bottom left quadrant are below average offensively and defensively – and yes, this includes the Pistons.
- You can also view the data by division. Just check below whichever division(s) you want to view.
Leave a Reply