I had to work during the game, but I caught bits and pieces between the live broadcast and the replay later. Combine those with the box score and I have a few observations.
- I predicted in the game preview Rodney Stuckey would be more aggressive. And he was to the tune of 21 points, including 12-of-13 from the line. But he shot just 4-of-15 and had a 2-to-3 assist-to-turnover ratio. Russell Westbrook was just 2-of-11 and he had five turnovers, but his team won, and he had 10 assists and a plus-two plus/minus rating (to Stuckey’s negative-10). I think Stuckey is 0-for-1 in his revenge tour.
- Ben Wallace continues to look like the Ben Wallace of old instead of the old Ben Wallace – 12 rebounds, three steals and two blocks in 32 minutes. His plus-three plus/minus rating was also tied for best on the team.
- Ben Gordon also was plus-three. I think I already established I’m on the Ben Gordon bandwagon, and his 25 points, seven rebounds and fours assists should help fill it.
- Charlie Villanueva looked uncomfortable whenever I happened to look up, and the number confirmed it – 3-of-12 for eight points. He still might be shaking the rust off after missing most of the preseason with an injury.
- The Pistons lost the bench scoring battle, 18-16. I suspect this is one of the few times this year you’ll be able to say that.
- Before the season, I predicted the Oklahoma City would win 38 games – a 15-game improvement from last year. No reason for me to doubt that now. The Thunder look good, and their youngsters are maturing.
- Natalie from Need4Sheed comes through with video of Mason’s introductions and a nice tribute for Bill Davidson:
Leave a Reply