Doug Collins, Joe Dumars candidates to replace Curry?

Doug Collins

Collins could be the Pistons’ next coach, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. Unlike most other outlets (PistonPowered included), he’s not speculating who would be a logical candidate. He has a source tying Collins to the job.

Wojnarowski also says Michael Curry was fired for “refusing to reconcile with a disgruntled star.” I can see not being able to patch things up with Richard Hamilton. But refusing to try?

Curry asked to be fired.

Joe Dumars

Terry Foster of the Detroit News has a brilliant plan:

The guy who should take over this team is the man who made the move. If Dumars wants to fix this mess, he should take over the team. He cannot keep firing coaches and moving players. Dumars must either step down as team president or step up as head coach.

Dumars is the GM. Firing coaches and moving players is his job. Of course, he should continue doing that.

It’s dysfunctional to have the same GM and coach. There needs to be checks and balance for an organization to run smoothly.

Players and coaches become tired of working with each other. This is the nature of the NBA. Despite what you think about Bill Laimber, it will be a long time, if ever, before some coaches the Pistons nine seasons like Chuck Daly did.

And even he left because the players grew tired of his message.

• Jun 30, 20096:06 pm
    by Kenyon

I hope the pistons can win the championship

• Jun 30, 20097:36 pm
    by shawn brown

id love lamb , he would bring toughness to them , he wouldnt let anybody skate thats for sure , as for collins id love to have him as well but id stay away for van gundy at all costs ..he has a history of wearing out his welcome very rapidly

• Jun 30, 20098:49 pm
    by Eric

Please Don’t Do It.

• Jun 30, 20098:59 pm
    by Caleb

I’m not a Pistons fan… but I’m curious, why is Laimbeer never considered a serious candidate? I keep hearing ESPN people and the like saying things like “it will never happen.” Does the Detroit organization just not like him or something? I don’t get it.

• Jul 5, 20092:03 am
      by Dan Feldman

At this point, an experienced coach makes more sense for Detroit. That’s not Laimbeer.

And Laimbeer didn’t make many friends around the league during his playing days. That probably won’t hurt him with Dumars. But he played against plenty of guys who are in front offices now. I doubt they’re anxious to help him out.

• Jul 1, 20091:15 am
    by travis reynolds

No, they might just be scared to take another chance on another 1st year coach. If they never hired Curry – a first year coach, they might consider laimbeer more seriously.
    But i watch the news and they asked Joe D if he’s talked to Laimbeer and he said he has talked to him twice after curry was fired and had a smile like he was holding something back.
    Joe D did say that they were considering Laimbeer. So i dont know why all these “Sources” continue to say he’s not being considered.

• Jul 1, 20092:43 am
    by Adam W.

Terry Foster is a moron. Joe Dumars knows what he’s doing. When a team does bad its always the coach to blame, so why go to the GM now? Dumars isn’t a Millen he makes smart decisions and knows what he’s doing. So why is Foster saying a man who has taken us to countless Eastern Conference champion games a bad GM because he has nothing to write on for the Pistons!!! lol

• Jul 1, 20095:02 am
    by Burt

If you have ever lived in Southeastern Michigan you would know that Lambeer doesn’t have the best relationship with people around the area. People who don’t know him except for his Bad Boy days love him but others who have met him or have had business contacts with him have had problems. Unfortunately in the NBA it is important to have good political attributes. This is why Lambeer may never get a good coaching job in the NBA. However I am not saying he couldn’t be a good coach. I am surprised however that the Pistons would hire Doug Collins after he was let go by the organization during the Grant Hill days. He has good coaching experience and has had some success but always seemed to get replaced by the whim of the star player (i.e. Michael Jordan, Grant Hill).

• Nov 21, 20139:13 pm
    by brin joe curry

hey there and thank you for your information – I’ve definitely
    picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this website, since I experienced to reload the web site a lot of times previous to I could get it to
    load correctly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK?

Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and
    could damage your high quality score if ads
    and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to
    my e-mail and can look out for much more of your respective
    exciting content. Make sure you update this again soon.